IGNORED

Swansea City v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

These performances have been the norm for far to long,Lansdown must shoulder the blame for he stuck with Johnson for far to long we have a totally unbalanced squad and God knows what happens next, we could possibly be in a relegation dogfight next season and not many of that lot look up for a fight

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Who ever gets the job they have a lot to sort out without squad. 

We aren't as good as everyone thinks.

Too many ordinary players 

Mmm... that's bad news then, most of don't even think we're any good.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nah, it has been shite to watch this season. Dreadful tbh.

It’s not been great, but let’s not forget where we’ve been in recent times. 

With a top manager in there’s potential for premier league football in a few years, we wouldn’t have dreamed of being able to say that 6-7 years ago

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

More frustrating is that we were actually getting the ball into the box, into positions where shots could, and should, be taken. I can't agree with Morrell in the post-match here. We worked the ball into position and then too often tried to lay it off or pass it wide, or tried the dinked cross to the far post. Every now and then you've just got to hit it. Test the keeper - Championship keepers have weaknesses, so test them.

Exactly. Maybe being drilled by LJ hasn’t quite worn off yet. 

I’m not sure if performances like this will have potential managers rubbing their hands with anticipation or running for the hills.

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

All over, will anyone even bother with the Preston game?

Not me. I'll be heading off to camp in the beautiful Colorado mtns tomorrow. Would have missed the game anyway but at least I know there wouldn't have been anything riding on it. 

It's been a strange and disappointing season and I often wonder why I put myself through it, however we all know that I and the rest of you will be back next season to "go again"

Maybe I'll come back next week to an exciting announcement of a new manager.........not holding my breath. Until then, farewell fellow reds.

CTID

1 minute ago, marmite said:

Some players fitted the managers game plan, ie Weimann, and some just didnt, ie Palmer. Our new manager, when he arrives, will assess the squad and make up his own mind on how he wans us to play.  We may well see a different game plan next season even with the same players. Just glad this terms over, almost.

Hopefully not the same players.

I fear same players same result.

We don’t have a single striker that gives me any hope.

The new guy will need massive financial support and skill in the market -or does Ashton do that independent of the manager?

Next season will be one of transition,at least there will be little expectation to put pressure on the players or manager.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

It’s not been great, but let’s not forget where we’ve been in recent times. 

With a top manager in there’s potential for premier league football in a few years, we wouldn’t have dreamed of being able to say that 6-7 years ago

Sorry to say that we dreamed of being able to say that a decade ago

Lansdown then got the managerial appointment completely wrong and so 6-7 years ago we'd been relegated...

...let's hope that sequence of events doesn't repeat itself!

Not surprised by this end of season: wins against Hull and Boro were nice exceptions, but most of us knew that expecting a true change in the team's performances and results was unrealistic.

Let's hope not to be battered in the next match and then...much, much work will be needed, starting with a reliable manager.

To be fair, finishing 10th-12th and having that as a "so bad that you sack your manager" season, seems okay to me. Could have been a lot worse, and we're still in the best position we have ever been in when looking to appoint a new manager. Obviously I wish we got into the playoffs with LJ, but have to focus on the positives.

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Disappointing in that, at one point, we had Wells, Afobe, Diedhiou, Palmer, Paterson, Eliasson & Weimann on the pitch, and didn’t get a single shot at goal!! 

I mean, like......, how, is that, ya know, like, possible.....? 

Because there was no midfield to protect, cover and support

32 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

We are so cursed by having so many players, and so many formations we could play (each of which isn't quite perfect however). Need to trim this squad down and focus on a "primary" formation where we have 2 players for each position, and don't have to change the formation much when players come on.

Spot on

15 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Will they?  How do you know?

Fam doesnt score enough goals

Smith is not the player he was

Weimann is too erratic

Ellisson too lightweight, will move to Europe somewhere 

O'Dowda too inconsistent  

*People have argued, not me though.  ?

Fam is the core of the team

Smith is the skipper

Weimann our most skillful player

Ellisson our most creative player

O'dowda, in the right position, in the right formation, with the right players alongside him is world class

8 minutes ago, marmite said:

Some players fitted the managers game plan, ie Weimann, and some just didnt, ie Palmer. Our new manager, when he arrives, will assess the squad and make up his own mind on how he wans us to play.  We may well see a different game plan next season even with the same players. Just glad this terms over, almost.

Then why did lj sign Palmer?

One moment on Palmer that stood out for me negatively, it was about 84 mins and Swansea were attacking with Eliasson (had been filling in at LB out of possession when he could) caught upfield, Palmer points at the guy on the ball for Kalas to go wide to him, Palmer basically stands still and Paterson runs past him to fill the gap Kalas had just vacated.

Just now, Robin Wood said:

Even since Johnson gone Holden shows he's not up to it about time we cleared out Johnsons backroom clean slate for the new manager

Unlikely, one or two allowed to be brought in at most 

4 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

These performances have been the norm for far to long,Lansdown must shoulder the blame for he stuck with Johnson for far to long we have a totally unbalanced squad and God knows what happens next, we could possibly be in a relegation dogfight next season and not many of that lot look up for a fight

My honest opinion is that these players who include Wells who was scoring for fun at QPR, have all been brain washed by LJ's constant changing of tactics and over technical coaching and it's going to take time to get them back into the basic system that football really is. I feel that the new manager/coach will have to access who is capable of retraining and if they are not then get rid and replace. SL really needs to get this manager in asap to give the players a chance of changing there attitude. I really hope SL does not go down the young coach/ manager (one for the future) way again and brings in a good experienced manager, otherwise the club will struggle next season.

7 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Not surprised by this end of season: wins against Hull and Boro were nice exceptions, but most of us knew that expecting a true change in the team's performances and results was unrealistic.

Let's hope not to be battered in the next match and then...much, much work will be needed, starting with a reliable manager.

We really need a clearout. Too many below average players in our squad, and not enough passion. 

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

My honest opinion is that these players who include Wells who was scoring for fun at QPR, have all been brain washed by LJ's constant changing of tactics and over technical coaching and it's going to take time to get them back into the basic system that football really is. I feel that the new manager/coach will have to access who is capable of retraining and if they are not then get rid and replace. SL really needs to get this manager in asap to give the players a chance of changing there attitude. I really hope SL does not go down the young coach/ manager (one for the future) way again and brings in a good experienced manager, otherwise the club will struggle next season.

I don't think many City fans trust Lansdown to get it right cheap option likely 

Archived