IGNORED

Colin Murray Petition

Tinmans Love Child

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Colin Murray...isn’t he the guy that always seems to have good things to say about us?

Yup, good football pundit on the whole, if MOTD doesn't go for Mark Chapman to replace Lineker whenever he stops I'd like them to go for Murray if the rumour isn't right about Jenas to replace Gary

17 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Yup, good football pundit on the whole, if MOTD doesn't go for Mark Chapman to replace Lineker whenever he stops I'd like them to go for Murray if the rumour isn't right about Jenas to replace Gary

It would be great but he's probably too "controversial" for them.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It would be great but he's probably too "controversial" for them.

In which case entirely happy for him to stay on the football league highlights, very knowledgeable about league football compared to others

He’s not just a football man either, he has a good range of other sports and pastimes both here and in the States. He also is a big music fan. 

If you haven’t checked them out already, I would recommend his “at home with” and “blood on the tracks” podcasts. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Remember Colin presented MOTD 2 for a few years before Mark Chapman took over... apparently Was replaced as he expressed his opinions and the pundits (ex footballers) did not like it... So don't ever see him going back to any MOTD 

3 minutes ago, keflav said:

Remember Colin presented MOTD 2 for a few years before Mark Chapman took over... apparently Was replaced as he expressed his opinions and the pundits (ex footballers) did not like it... Do don't ever see him going back to any MOTD 

Just had a quick google search

'Ex-Liverpool star and regular Match of the Day pundit Alan Hansen told Murray on one occasion that he should leave the negative comments regarding players to the experts'

?

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Just had a quick google search

'Ex-Liverpool star and regular Match of the Day pundit Alan Hansen told Murray on one occasion that he should leave the negative comments regarding players to the experts'

?

Yeah think he had too much of an opinion for the BBC and at the time the aging pundits, personally I think he's really good at what he does and has a great knowledge of what he talks about..

13 minutes ago, keflav said:

Yeah think he had too much of an opinion for the BBC and at the time the aging pundits, personally I think he's really good at what he does and has a great knowledge of what he talks about..

I do hate the feeling amongst some in football that if you haven't played it to a high standard you're unqualified to talk about it

40 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I do hate the feeling amongst some in football that if you haven't played it to a high standard you're unqualified to talk about it

Yep his sacking from MoTD2 was a mistake and football is heading down the Same road as cricket with only ex-players as pundits/presenter. 

gone are the Brian Moore, Des Lynham, Christopher Martin Jenkins, John Arlott and Blowers of this world..... unless you’ve had a top flight career you’re nowhere. There should be a balance.

Chappers and Murray are decent as, in fairness, are some of the ex-players. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

And also that if you have played at a high level you must be qualified to be a broadcaster ... so we end up with lummoxes like Robbie Savage on the radio.

Who will receive this petition? Does that person/body have any reason to pay it any attention? Is this just Murray canvassing opinion? Is he going to use this as evidence of popular opinion? 

Genuine questions because nowhere in the hundreds of words does he answer this.

It's a nice sentiment but seems a pretty empty gesture if it goes nowhere and has no real weight behind it.

Archived