IGNORED

Forever Bristol City podcast: Swansea review and speculation on who we might be waiting for

headhunter

I'm starting to think 'waiting for' is right. If we did want (and were in a position to get) Hughton or McCarthy there would be no obvious reason it's not done by now. My gut feeling is we're in for a Championship manager (Paul Cook?..) and we're waiting for them to finish their season.

It’s really difficult to read.  I thought that sacking LJ when we did was because we were gonna a point someone quickly, SL inferred that.

Perhaps we’ve been turned down, and now our alternative choices aren’t as easy to get.

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I'm starting to think 'waiting for' is right. If we did want (and were in a position to get) Hughton or McCarthy there would be no obvious reason it's not done by now. My gut feeling is we're in for a Championship manager (Paul Cook?..) and we're waiting for them to finish their season.

Gerrard still favourite with skybet 

12 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I’ve heard we aren’t willing to pay off Rangers. Think the bookies have it wrong.

The bookies simply follow the money in a market like this (with no statistics or evidence to set prices) and right now most punters money will have been placed on Gerrard & Hughton - they aren’t suddenly going to smash him up to 12/1 because the Sunday Express report he’s said no.

They’ll move prices once money starts coming into someone else 

Although still favourite on Skybet SG's odds have gone out from 5/4 to 9/4. Hughton and Cook's odds have also drifted out. Could that mean they might be trying to tempt more punters in because they don't think any of them are likely to get it?

It's gone from two names at around evens to significantly longer odds in the last 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Why not?

Better than Flynn, Lowe or Wellens.

On a par with Cook & Robins IMHO

I don't think for one minute we'll go for Flynn, Lowe or Wellens, or Robins for that matter. Cue one of them being employed!

Warburton's star has waned  since his Brentford days, and none of them have what Cook has.

1 hour ago, BS13 Robin said:

How do you know he isnt?Jim White said it on Talksport the other day but he could be warning us off because he is a Rangers fan and wants him to stay to beat Celtic.

Gerrard is a billy big balls. We sadly aren’t glamorous enough for what he would be looking for and even if we were the model the club is following of just a head coach I can’t see appealing to him at all.

If he were to do a Lampard and go to a Championship team it would only likely be to a big team like a Villa, Newcastle or someone like that I’d they were relegated into the champ.

I honestly hope we try and go more down the Southampton route and get an excellent upcoming European coach as that seems to fit with how the club wants to go

43 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Gerrard is a billy big balls. We sadly aren’t glamorous enough for what he would be looking for and even if we were the model the club is following of just a head coach I can’t see appealing to him at all.

If he were to do a Lampard and go to a Championship team it would only likely be to a big team like a Villa, Newcastle or someone like that I’d they were relegated into the champ.

I honestly hope we try and go more down the Southampton route and get an excellent upcoming European coach as that seems to fit with how the club wants to go

Agree with you 100% about Gerrard to be honest,think he would be looking for a "bigger" club.I wouldnt have a problem with the club going foreign either,my preferred choice would still be Jokanovic but that wont be happening,if we do go down that route we need to give him time to stamp his own style etc

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Why not?

Better than Flynn, Lowe or Wellens.

On a par with Cook & Robins IMHO

Really ? Agree re robins. Done well this season but before that nothing.

cook: chesterfield , league two champions followed by league one play offs.

pompy. League two champions 

wigan. League one champions and doing a remarkable job this season . 

Archived