IGNORED

We will go for the cheap option

Alan Dicks

9 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Will us fans be underwhelmed.?

End up right back at square one?

its the Bristol City way.

Or

Am i just being negative and should keep my hopes up for an experienced managerial appointment?

Anyone else feel the same way?

You, being negative...?! ?‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Or

Am i just being negative and should keep my hopes up for an experienced managerial appointment?

You were definitely that Alan!!

12 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Or

The question you need to ask yourself is should a manager earn more than the players 

I can only think of one good reason we havent appointed a new manager yet.....LJ's replacement is holding a job elsewhere til the end of the season. I was hoping we'd have gone "fishing" before firing LJ, but it seems we only started that process after he drove away from the Car Park. I recognise we need the right bloke at the helm, and like many I was hoping for a Hughton or McCarthy. No doubt the next incumbent will want to see the players in training etc, and hey presto the summer transfer window disappears. I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about this. 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

Or

I feel just this way. Sadly!

29 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I can only think of one good reason we havent appointed a new manager yet.....LJ's replacement is holding a job elsewhere til the end of the season. I was hoping we'd have gone "fishing" before firing LJ, but it seems we only started that process after he drove away from the Car Park. I recognise we need the right bloke at the helm, and like many I was hoping for a Hughton or McCarthy. No doubt the next incumbent will want to see the players in training etc, and hey presto the summer transfer window disappears. I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about this. 

I am inclined to agree. Hughton & McCarthy are free agents and IF they were on radar why have they not already been appointed. Unless club still looking and target under contract elsewhere.  it would have made so much sense for incoming to have seen squad end of season
the vibes are not good for Hughton but I hope I am proved wrong. 

Just now, DT The Optimist said:

I am inclined to agree. Hughton & McCarthy are free agents and IF they were on radar why have they not already been appointed. Unless club still looking and target under contract elsewhere.  it would have made so much sense for incoming to have seen squad end of season
the vibes are not good for Hughton but I hope I am proved wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I think we’re after cook at Wigan 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

Or

I think you're being negative.

I just feel absolutely deflated once again by our club . 

We had two good wins that gave us all abit of hope ,and that easy time to bring in a new man .not to change tactics but give all players a boost and too know they were being watched ready for next season , but once again we missed that chance of maybe doing the impossible of making the playoffs . 

And we are now two weeks in with a manager with the know how like Chris Hughton and we are messing around with what lansdown and Ashton believe we need as a coach !! 

I know that there will be the next maybe great manager , but they are very fue who actually get there . They want premiership football and have a manager like mr hughton who wants the job and has a better record than most of achieving it. Now it’s not guaranteed with him but a lot more likely with him also . 

So please just do the right thing , which a lot of fans want and will bring the good vibes back to the club and get him in ASAP 

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Lee Johnson was only sacked a fortnight ago.  That’s why we haven’t appointed a new manager yet.

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Hughton & McCarthy are free agents and IF they were on radar why have they not already been appointed.

Perhaps they want to wait another week or so to see if any other jobs open up, perhaps Fulham bin off Parker if they don't go up, the chance of taking over Boro with a clean slate in the champ rather than taking over when Warnock did with them in trouble, there are reasons which could be beyond our control

47 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Could be.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's another current Championship manager who might also be on our radar - Alex Neil at PNE.

Wouldn't be against Neil at all, think he'd be in my top 3

The back room staff costs could well be the delaying and deciding factors.  CH and some others will probably want their own back room team (including for CH his former Number 2 from Brighton who will not be popular being ex gas) but SL isn’t going to be keen on the costs involved of importing a number of new names as well as shipping out DH & JM etc.

Thoughts on this > DH I recall worked under Big Sam in the past.  DH becomes Head Coach with Big Sam coming in as DOF, General Manager, Consultant, whatever.  This will be seen as giving a young “manager” a chance yet with an experienced sidekick to advise.  On many previous threads there have been calls for an experienced person to be engaged to assist LJ.

This would give the club a “name” to raise the profile also with contacts and will help attracting players, yet preserve most of the status quo and the BCFC way, also Big Sam wouldn’t put up with some of the player antics we’ve seen at times.  A cheaper option.

1 hour ago, Show Me The Money! said:

It seems to be the Lansdown way. We seem to have an appointment process akin to employing a new accountant at Hargreaves Lansdown 

Don’t want to upset HR. Must have at least 3 rounds of interviews

when you want an improvement do you not get three quotes?

Archived