IGNORED

Bitter Derby fan on 606 on whether Leeds should have a guard of honour

Lrrr

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I know it would never happen due to the gap but just imagine the amount of piss that would boil if the s*gs had to give us a guard of honour.

no love lost between Derby and Leeds (I work with an ex Derby player). It isnt quite City/Gas but it's as tough to swallow as City/Cardiff

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I don’t understand the fad of a guard of honor.

Moreover I can stand the vilification of people who don’t conform to these modern fads.

Its ridiculous.

Show of respect and a tradition of English football seemingly (well regularly since early 90's at any rate)

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Indeed they did. Mind you I suspect most of the City team were still feeling rather delicate!

So were the fans!

29 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I don’t understand the fad of a guard of honor.

Moreover I can stand the vilification of people who don’t conform to these modern fads.

Its ridiculous.

Fad? Notts County Gave us one in 76

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

....and then went and beat us!

Correct

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I never said it was! Think you might have quoted the wrong post mate.

Correct

I don't remember a guard of honour being given for every game honestly. I thought it was just for the next game the champions played, and then it was back to normal.

To be honest, if I had it my way, players would just run straight out on to the pitch in to formation. Skip the handshakes and all that bollocks.

Imagine if we had to give Cardiff a guard of honour.. not in this life. 

i personally wouldn’t like our team to give Leeds a guard of honour, their fans I’ve come across online are borderline sociopathic and truly hate Lansdown because he rightly said Leeds should of been punished more for spygate, and Lee Johnson.. well everyone hated Johnson to be fair. 

1 hour ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

I'm with Joe.

Cheats aren't honourable. No gaurd of honour. 

With no fans they will just do it tho. 

Indeed @joe jordans teeth

Bit of their charge sheet below:

Ha cheats- of course Derby are arguably bigger cheats in modern parlance in some ways. Pots and kettles spring to mind.

Stadium sold- £81.1m to Mel Morris- EFL value £49-50m.

Amortisation- This reduces costs for FFP enabling them to kick the can down the road, reducing costs in the short and medium term and enabling them to sign more players/pay more in wages.

Rooney deal- partially paid for via sponsor,. maybe more than 50%.

To say nothing of drink driving players.

To say nothing of sacking Keogh by dint of his age basically, was a flimsy excuse but keeping the other two- well value and age eh.

That Derby fan is looking at it through Ram tinted spectacles. Shithouse of a club under their current ownership. I'd love to see a 20 points deduction and Rooney and them in League One.

I'm fairly indifferent towards the concept of guard of honour really but coming from a Derby fan, club owned by Mel Morris that's quite funny!

8 hours ago, Oops said:

Loathsome club and fans.

I’ll save my clapping for the relegation next season thanks ?

Great news for the championship though. Sky can focus on something else for the next 9 months.

Imo Villa fans are at least 37474 time’s worse 

Archived