IGNORED

Racist abuse of Famara

Simon bristol

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Just seen this on the fb page,,, must be from one of the swansea players or staff seeing as there are no fans there.... hope its fully investigated, terrible.

Just seen it on Twitter and the kid who sent the abuse (banana emojis) is Turkish. He was responding to Fam’s tweet calling Weimann “Mesut Weimann”.

Not much us, Swansea, or the local police can do unfortunately. Football profile picture Twitter (the kids pic is Thierry Henry) continues to be a cesspit. 

Absolutely ridiculous. I consider a pretty tolerant person for the most part, but not when it comes to racism. No place for it ever regardless of how young the culprit may be; he'll only get worse as he gets older.

1 minute ago, Wade Wilson said:

Just seen it on Twitter and the kid who sent the abuse (banana emojis) is Turkish. He was responding to Fam’s tweet calling Weimann “Mesut Weimann”.

Not much us, Swansea, or the local police can do unfortunately. Football profile picture Twitter (the kids pic is Thierry Henry) continues to be a cesspit. 

Ffs,,, they seem to be able to trackdown these twitter assholes quite easily these days,,, hopefully they track him down.

Looking at they're account they appear to be obsessed with betting, racist tweets are as vile as it gets anyway but to think the person did it potentially just because Fam missed a penalty is extremely deflating. From everything we see as fans Famara is one of the nicest guys in football who always has a smile on his face.

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Someone on fb is looking at that profile and suggesting it is a galatasaray fan,, and also suggesting fam is going to fenerbahce. 

Hmm some mummy's boy in North West London is proper ITK then. 

If not UK based then nothing will happen 

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Someone on fb is looking at that profile and suggesting it is a galatasaray fan,, and also suggesting fam is going to fenerbahce. 

The kids Twitter is covered in stuff about betting so it’s unfortunately likely the abuse stems from Fam missing his pen. Abhorrent. 

21 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Yep but they will pop up routinely tossers as you say 

I don't get twitter to be honest famous people putting themselves open to dogs abuse from strangers. 

Respectfully the problem is the responses not famous people being on social media. If you go down this route (and I’m not for a minute suggesting you are) then it eventually becomes the same argument as ‘she was wearing a short skirt so....’.. It’s a matter of individual responsibility.  

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Respectfully the problem is the responses not famous people being on social media. If you go down this route (and I’m not for a minute suggesting you are) then it eventually becomes the same argument as ‘she was wearing a short skirt so....’.. It’s a matter of individual responsibility.  

Don't disagree but does anyone actually get anything from a famous person tweeting? All I'm saying is deny the pricks the oxygen they crave. 

We are of course on the same side here I just don't think you can stop people possibly in another country spouting shit 

As stated on Twitter I am aware now and am dealing with the enquiry . Screen shots taken and enquiries with twitter will be done to trace where tweet was sent from and details of account holder 

thank you all for tagging us ?

One reason I'm not on Twitter- other than the fact I just don't get the point of it.

I'm on Facebook, and that's bad enough sometimes. Only really on that to keep easy contact with family and friends who are now split across the country.

Social media just gives a platform for idiots to say what they want, when they want, and because it's said behind a screen of some kind, they think it's OK.

Racism, or cyber abuse of any kind should carry a hefty penalty.

Mind you when a nation can get fined piddly amounts of money for racist chanting at international games, and Dier gets a significantly bigger fine for jumping into the crowd to confront some prat hurling abuse at his family, you can see why there is still so much racist abuse still going on at football games.

Fam is too modest to shout about it but if people only knew what he does for certain communities here in bristol he would be a very very popular man at Ashton gate. Believe me he is a thoroughly good person. 

Doesn’t deserve this bollocks 

33 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Don't disagree but does anyone actually get anything from a famous person tweeting? All I'm saying is deny the pricks the oxygen they crave. 

We are of course on the same side here I just don't think you can stop people possibly in another country spouting shit 

We are and No you can’t (stop them spouting shit) But why should the tiny minority of cretins ruin the positive interaction Fam (or anybody else) Has with the vast majority. Call them out on it but don’t stop because some **** has been a ****, or they are dictating your behaviour.

Nice to see a few players, sports people and media support Fammy.

Would have hoped to have seen a few more than Andi W from the squad though, just for solidarity, although I'm sure they have spoken in private.

Nice from Flinty, Michelle Owen and Torps.

So Fams off to Turkey then?

Will be missed, and hope it's not true.

Twitter. Just close it.

2020 and still people get potted because of their skin colour. I'm beginning to lose any hope for humanity, I really am.

It's a shame COViD isn't fatal to racists. Save the Police a lot of time, and do wonders for the gene pool.

Love ya Fammy!

Archived