IGNORED

Alex Neil

Sweeneys Penalties

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I am sure the  Canaries fans enjoyed Farke’s open attacking football as they got beaten most weeks and now find themselves back in the Championship.

But they also enjoyed Farke's open attacking football when they won most weeks in the Chamionship. We need to get to the Prem first, then worry about our style, win rate!

35 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But they also enjoyed Farke's open attacking football when they won most weeks in the Chamionship. We need to get to the Prem first, then worry about our style, win rate!

Your remarks are taken a little out of context , the Norwich fans complained about Hughton’s negative football whilst in the Prem. 

My comment was aimed at those who moaned ,I am sure most would  prefer to be in the Prem with a more pragmatic style of football whilst establishing themselves rather than be back in the Championship again after a season of being humiliated in their attempts to naively  ‘ out football ‘ better teams . 

As for us , I don’t mind a season of dour one nil wins if it gets us up .

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Your remarks are taken a little out of context , the Norwich fans complained about Hughton’s negative football whilst in the Prem. 

My comment was aimed at those who moaned ,I am sure most would  prefer to be in the Prem with a more pragmatic style of football whilst establishing themselves rather than be back in the Championship again after a season of being humiliated in their attempts to naively  ‘ out football ‘ better teams . 

As for us , I don’t mind a season of dour one nil wins if it gets us up .

I guess that would be the ccase for me too - but only because of the finance involved with getting their and the wsy it would increase our profile.

However the problem is no one guarantees you that and the idea of enduring it for a season only to fall short does not appeal. 

3 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Preston have always been the team we seem to compare ourself with most. Do they play an exciting brand of football? No. Do they do well on a budget? Yes. 

How much of this is down to Neil I don't know. But my concern is would Neil suit our brand of football? Imo I don't think he would. 

Preston play a good tempo, create chances and might not play through the thirds like purists want. From what I’ve seen if them they are more exciting than we were this season. 

My only concern with Neil is the Preston fans seem to want him out and there reasons are very similar to what are problems we’re with Johnson for his game management. 

Now I know there budget is not as big as ours and he was probably limited to  a smaller selection of players so he may have more options with us during a game . But it is still a worry 

2 minutes ago, Bristolded1987 said:

My only concern with Neil is the Preston fans seem to want him out and there reasons are very similar to what are problems we’re with Johnson for his game management. 

Now I know there budget is not as big as ours and he was probably limited to  a smaller selection of players so he may have more options with us during a game . But it is still a worry 

Most of our fans including myself acknowledge that Alex has done a sterling job with the resources (not) available to him. There was some disappointment, some of which was spilled over towards Neil, after dropping out of 6th after so long in it, but most acknowledge that we were overachieving.

Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola would probably struggle to get us promoted with our strikers.

Key player after key player is sold without a proper replacement, yet here we still are fighting for the play offs every season and finishing above big spending clubs.

Alex Neil is young, intelligent and driven manager who many of his former players say he is the best they’ve worked under tactically. He’d do a good job anywhere in this league and if he feels now is the time to move on to a more ambitious club then I’d wish him all the best.

8 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Most of our fans including myself acknowledge that Alex has done a sterling job with the resources (not) available to him. There was some disappointment, some of which was spilled over towards Neil, after dropping out of 6th after so long in it, but most acknowledge that we were overachieving.

Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola would probably struggle to get us promoted with our strikers.

Key player after key player is sold without a proper replacement, yet here we still are fighting for the play offs every season and finishing above big spending clubs.

Alex Neil is young, intelligent and driven manager who many of his former players say he is the best they’ve worked under tactically. He’d do a good job anywhere in this league and if he feels now is the time to move on to a more ambitious club then I’d wish him all the best.

Thank you that is a great assessment of Neil and a  level headed one also. As we know some people don’t understand the restraints some managers have to work under . 

I do believe he is someone with our clubs infrastructure could achieve a great outcome. But was worried about all the comments on his game management. But you have cleared this up perfectly 

I noticed @pnefcokthe PNE forum seemed to think some of our fans comments on social media made us look arrogant, which I thought was very ironic given some of the comments I viewed regarding AN. I imagine he is a bit hit and miss with some of your fan base but your budget must be pretty small given your attendances and such. Hopefully with a bigger budget he would be able to get more out of the squad. Did he not also dip into the loan market a lot? 

13 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Thanks for that, right now I'd take any of the options EXCEPT Holden!

Archived