IGNORED

Alex Neil

Sweeneys Penalties

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I always thought Turnover would include all sales. Profit/loss on player trading instead. Is that just a football accounting convention? 

It’s because football player transfer fees are treated similarly to fixed assets, so any profit/loss on disposal is not operating revenue.

Would be similar to say the disposal of a property in a ‘normal’ business. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

There couldn’t of been a interview with AN yet imo. We’d have to ask Preston for permission to speak to him , which always goes public. So we haven’t even made contact with PNE imo 

Cook is exactly the same scenario. 

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I noticed @pnefcokthe PNE forum seemed to think some of our fans comments on social media made us look arrogant, which I thought was very ironic given some of the comments I viewed regarding AN. I imagine he is a bit hit and miss with some of your fan base but your budget must be pretty small given your attendances and such. Hopefully with a bigger budget he would be able to get more out of the squad. Did he not also dip into the loan market a lot? 

We don't use the loan market much now because we can't afford it. The best loan players require loan contributions way beyond our budget, and the club don't agree with penalty fines for not playing them. We were very close to beating Swansea to Brewster in January but it fell down for that reason. We were in for Conor Gallagher too who also went to Swansea but we couldn't compete.

So if we do dip into the loan market it's second rate options like Andre Green who we had on loan for the first half of the season and hardly played, or Brandon Barker the season before. So the club don't tend to bother at all now.

It's just another area of the market in which we simply cannot/will not compete.

13 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I always thought Turnover would include all sales. Profit/loss on player trading instead. Is that just a football accounting convention? 

@Davefevs

I to am confused by the term turnover, perhaps you are able to clarify .

If you sell an item for a £1 but it costs 60p  your turnover is £1 but your profit = 40p in the accounts shown it seems to show turnover as profit perhaps you could show the notes.

Thanks in advance

13 hours ago, pnefcok said:

We don't use the loan market much now because we can't afford it. The best loan players require loan contributions way beyond our budget, and the club don't agree with penalty fines for not playing them. We were very close to beating Swansea to Brewster in January but it fell down for that reason. We were in for Conor Gallagher too who also went to Swansea but we couldn't compete.

So if we do dip into the loan market it's second rate options like Andre Green who we had on loan for the first half of the season and hardly played, or Brandon Barker the season before. So the club don't tend to bother at all now.

It's just another area of the market in which we simply cannot/will not compete.

I'm sure I saw speculation- and fairs fair it was only speculation- linking you with Gayle on loan in January. 

Looking at your accounts and 3 year rolling averages if the equity is at higher levels you could easily push the boat out a bit more without endangering FFP status! (Obviously this is my thinking prior to Covid as who knows where that might lead).

How wealthy is your owner, could he do that once in a while or?

Obviously @pnefcokis best placed to answer about the wealth of their owner but from memory when I was chatting to my Preston friend in the past she told me he certainly features on the Rich List, maybe not as high as Steve but certainly up there. She gave the impression that he is as tight as hell though and lives on the Isle of Man for tax reasons. 

I think he has over 100 Reacehorses, including Grand National winners and property ( perhaps holiday lodges?). I think if he is still the owner he is in his 80’s or older.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Obviously @pnefcokis best placed to answer about the wealth of their owner but from memory when I was chatting to my Preston friend in the past she told me he certainly features on the Rich List, maybe not as high as Steve but certainly up there. She gave the impression that he is as tight as hell though and lives on the Isle of Man for tax reasons. 

I think he has over 100 Reacehorses, including Grand National winners and property ( perhaps holiday lodges?). I think if he is still the owner he is in his 80’s or older.

Just look him up on google Trevor Hemmings and it shows enough, he's 85 as well and yeah from everything I've read he's tight as hell when it comes to the club.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm sure I saw speculation- and fairs fair it was only speculation- linking you with Gayle on loan in January. 

Looking at your accounts and 3 year rolling averages if the equity is at higher levels you could easily push the boat out a bit more without endangering FFP status! (Obviously this is my thinking prior to Covid as who knows where that might lead).

How wealthy is your owner, could he do that once in a while or?

2 hours ago, RedM said:

https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2019/05/preston-north-end-owner-trevor-hemmings-latest-rich-list-position-revealed/

He's been around the club for around 40-50 years. Bought full control club for 5p a share in 2010 (left hundreds of fans out of pocket) after a winding up petition was issued. It was made clear that it would only be resolved and the debt paid if fans accepted his offer. We were then relegated the following season so his reign in full charge got off to a shocking start and a some fans still dislike him for that reason. He is a ruthless old hard-nosed businessman.

That said, I think most fans are grateful for the 5-6 million he puts in every year just to cover our losses. It seems that these are often covered by player sales, but it's hard to see the full financial picture at times.

Frustrating thing is most of our fans don't expect Hemmings to be buying £10m strikers on 40k a week. We just want reasonable reinvestment when key players are sold, and a bit of strengthening when we're in a good position (like in January) to push us over the line. It's never forthcoming though, and it ends up being the same old story.

Alex Neil is a top manager and would be daft not to take the job. 

An owner that backs the manager, a new stadium, brand new training ground being built (compared to the debacle surrounding our mysterious new training ground)...

A nice city as well, Bristol. Not that it's too bad up here, despite some of the comments above! 

For years we've been one striker away from the play offs and potentially even the top two, and more than ever you've been able to sense the growing frustration in his voice since the end of the season. 

Should he go, and I hope he doesn't, he'd leave with my best wishes and hopes that he gets you promoted to show our stingy owner that he's worth backing. 

39 minutes ago, UpTheWhites said:

An owner that backs the manager, a new stadium, brand new training ground being built (compared to the debacle surrounding our mysterious new training ground)...

A nice city as well, Bristol. Not that it's too bad up here, despite some of the comments above! 

For years we've been one striker away from the play offs and potentially even the top two, and more than ever you've been able to sense the growing frustration in his voice since the end of the season. 

Should he go, and I hope he doesn't, he'd leave with my best wishes and hopes that he gets you promoted to show our stingy owner that he's worth backing. 

Do you think Alex Neil would be able to get us promoted with some money behind him? 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Do you think Alex Neil would be able to get us promoted with some money behind him? 

Without a doubt. 

Just look at what he’s done with us with absolutely nothing behind him. For context, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you sold Webster for £20M and straight away reinvested £8M in Kalas.

In PR1, we sold Jordan Hugill for £9M then replaced him (12 months later) with Jayden Stockley for £750K. 

53 minutes ago, UpTheWhites said:

True enough, I used to work at Warton quite a bit and often stayed in Wrea Green and the Clifton Arms. 

We do have form though when it comes to not bringing in a striker when we need one.

Just now, Portland Bill said:

Simply, money going on other candidates. 

While true for lowering the odds for the other candidates I still think 20/1 is a big drift in odds, any thoughts of him being realistic would have seen him out at 12/1 or so still

17 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Drifted to 20/1, either negotiations have been water tight about info getting out or there is nothing there

The City Board would require permission from their counterparts at Deepdale, in order to speak with Neil. These approaches are usually publicised. As we've heard nothing to that effect it's probably a rumour about a rumour.

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

While true for lowering the odds for the other candidates I still think 20/1 is a big drift in odds, any thoughts of him being realistic would have seen him out at 12/1 or so still

Fair point? 

I just think it’s one big guessing game atm, the bookies know as much as we do..... nothing!

11 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

The City Board would require permission from their counterparts at Deepdale, in order to speak with Neil. These approaches are usually publicised. As we've heard nothing to that effect it's probably a rumour about a rumour.

This is a myth.

Sometimes it is. Sometimes its not.

Archived