IGNORED

Alex Neil

Sweeneys Penalties

On 04/08/2020 at 14:59, Riaz said:

This is a myth.

Sometimes it is. Sometimes its not.

Yeah sometimes it’s kept very firmly under wraps.

If a manager in work goes for an interview or has permission to speak to another club but then doesn’t get the job, if it were public it would become very difficult for them to return to their club.

By all accounts we interviewed Uwe Rösler along with Neil when we last had a vacancy. Fleetwood didn’t have to announce it and preferred to keep it quiet.

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bit of a random question nothing to do with Alex Neil

What do you think of Will Keane when he played for you? I see he is out of contract.

I know he hardly ever scores and is injured a lot, but whenever I have seen him i've been impressed! ?

He didn't do much, scored once in 20 games but despite that, he still felt PNE was below his standing in the world. We'd signed him on a season-long loan but he asked to return to Man Utd as soon as the January transfer window opened to go back to compete for a first team place! For the remainder of the season all he did was play 20 minutes away at Shrewsbury in the FA Cup.

Was a stupid decision because he'd actually just started to settle in to our team as well.

He's always had a lot of ability but his career has been hampered by injuries and also the fact that he thinks himself far, far better than he actually is.

42 minutes ago, Bainsey said:

He was at 16-1 earlier today on SkyBet I believe and 20-1 yesterday. Checked a few mins ago and he was 12-1. Now he's down to 9-1. His odds look to be shortening quickly again.

By a process of elimination, from the outside looking in, Neil was good value at 16/1.

The club will, rightly or wrongly, be slaughtered if they appoint Holden and Cook apparently fancies a break. If they can’t compromise with Hughton then there’s real value in the market with the top three, one of which is odds on, all with their question marks.

Of the names {credibly} linked Neil has always been my preference after Hughton.

Archived