IGNORED

John Terry

old_eastender

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Nothing personal at all honestly but. One last easy pay day !! 
?? these blokes are driven men. He played his career in the top flight winning trophys with spurs and playing in a World Cup . He’s established himself as a very good manager in his own right . People like Chris Hughton don’t go after easy pay days ffs . 

You obviously know him better than me. 

We all thought Steve Coppell was gonna work out well....

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

As stated many times . Coppell walked because of lansdowns interference .

also, why make a lazy comment about a bloke when you know nothing about his career . 

It was a question. Hence the use of a question mark. That is all.

55 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Just to be clear thatTerry was acquitted by the courts but the FA whose policy is to let the court decision determine guilt did not follow their own policy and found him guilty. 

In respect of the affair the papers did issue an apology that the story was false.

Couldnt give a toss bloke is a racist *****.

35 minutes ago, sludge said:

Agreed. Trouble is we don't know if the likes of CH or MM are agreeable to the 'package' we're offering.

Yes could be the package or conditions (including recruitment) under which the club is willing to operate may not be acceptable to some. Be a real shame to cut off our nose to spite our face. 

This is a great opportunity for SL to re-evaluate and tweak the model to maximise our chances for the best coach/manager available within our reach. 

if we can’t appoint CH or someone of similar experience now, shows we’re not nearly as ambitious as is made out and we’ll be back here again in another few years but may not be in as good a league position. 

Terry would not be my choice by a long shot but I'm not that surprised he is being considered and, to be fair to him, he's done a stint learning as assistant before jumping in.

I don't think it is, by any stretch, the most ridiculous appointment I have ever heard. He has more backroom experience than Lampard did when getting the Derby job, and I think more than Gerrard did when he got the Rangers job. I'd rather a manager with more managerial experience but I'm not surprised he is being linked with Championship jobs Would rather it was Birmingham than us though. 

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

On that basis you can't be sure about anyone.

I don't know the bloke, but I am confident that he is a credible and professional person based on what I have seen and heard from him. His CV aint half bad either.

Let's not forget, so was a certain Steve Coppell.

I think City have been burned too badly by people on their way down rather up [both playing and coaching].

The problem is often their reference point for players is experienced players they know and trust.

31 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

On that basis you can't be sure about anyone.

I don't know the bloke, but I am confident that he is a credible and professional person based on what I have seen and heard from him. His CV aint half bad either.

Admittedly on paper he looks a solid choice. I just find it interesting that you can get a manager like jose mourinho who not so long ago was 'guaranteed' to bring success, and then things don't quite go to plan for some reason. 

It's not going to be John Terry any more than it was ever going to be Gerrard for all sorts of reasons and it's a bit alarming how many fans thought either of them might be a good idea.

Hoping for someone experienced like McCarthy or Hughton but expecting someone who will live with the "head coach" title like Lowe or Cook.

IF it's Terry, he gets my support as our Manager / head coach. He might be superb but we just don't know.

Strange appointment if true as he's untried but, personal crap apart, he's had a fine paying career and hasn't jumped straight in as a no 1.

Big gamble by Lansdown but, whoever leads our club will have my support (apart from Holloway and Pulis). 

'John Terry's Bristol City'. Hmmm. ?

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Let's not forget, so was a certain Steve Coppell.

I think City have been burned too badly by people on their way down rather up [both playing and coaching].

The problem is often their reference point for players is experienced players they know and trust.

Steve Lansdown was the reason Coppell walked . 

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Self confessed? He’s admitted he’s a racist? I haven’t seen that anywhere - where did you read or hear that Dolly?

Terry admitted using the word "black" and swearing at Ferdinand but insisted he had only been repeating words he thought the Rangers defender had accused him of saying.

Black bastard was the phrase Anton Ferdinand said he had heard. Of course his defence is that he was repeating stuff. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19723020

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Someone might do....I don’t.

Alot on here seem to have insider information! 

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Just check the list on the betting odds sites. They'll be being guided by that................

The board or the fans?

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

It's not going to be John Terry any more than it was ever going to be Gerrard for all sorts of reasons and it's a bit alarming how many fans thought either of them might be a good idea.

Hoping for someone experienced like McCarthy or Hughton but expecting someone who will live with the "head coach" title like Lowe or Cook.

Why is it “alarming” for fans thinking Gerrard might’ve been a good idea? 
Was it an “alarming” choice for Rangers, arguably one of the biggest 20-25 clubs in the world? 

As a Villa fan, I can try to give some insight as to JT. But i still don't know how much influence he has & what he does in his coaching capacity. If he works with the defense, he has been doing a pretty poor job with all the goals we have conceded this year. 

Definitely see him wanting to get into management in the future, but I wouldn't want to be the club to give him the shot at management. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Why is it “alarming” for fans thinking Gerrard might’ve been a good idea? 
Was it an “alarming” choice for Rangers, arguably one of the biggest 20-25 clubs in the world? 

It's alarming that so many fans can't see past the excitement of celebrity. Gerrard might one day be a good manager but managing Rangers to second in the non league is no achievement at all and being a great player is irrelevant to managing.

I expect it wasnt alarming for Rangers because as the second medium size fish on a tiny bowl of tiddlers they'd be nailed on second even with Daryll the dog fiddler in charge.

Archived