IGNORED

Cowley Brothers

Waffleflap

Please can City appoint a manager ASAP. I can’t stand the random suggestions. We’ve   gone from managers with top flight experience to the Cowley brothers! It’s all very well being successful with Lincoln but there’s a big difference in the Championship. This rumour is so bad I’m going to have a beer. 

8 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Eh? That's one of the reason hes been fired. 

And his Lincoln team were direct. 

Style of football is not what I want to see.

As posted earlier, the Lincoln team of this season were not direct at all.  The Cowley’s transitioned from direct over 18-24 months....and the change in style was a big reason why they wanted Morrell (they’d wanted him the previous winter window) and why City allowed Morrell to go there on loan.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As posted earlier, the Lincoln team of this season were not direct at all.  The Cowley’s transitioned from direct over 18-24 months....and the change in style was a big reason why they wanted Morrell (they’d wanted him the previous winter window) and why City allowed Morrell to go there on loan.

You don’t half talk some shit. The football these two play is as turgid as it gets. Gets results but it is worse than Warnock’s style.

It appears from their forum something has happened today between Cowley and the chairman resulting in his sacking. Suppose that something was us asking for permission to speak to him, it being refused and a row ensuing resulting in DC being sacked. Their chairman (Hodgkinson?) is a bit of a loose cannon by all accounts.

2 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

You don’t half talk some shit. The football these two play is as turgid as it gets. Gets results but it is worse than Warnock’s style.

Not at Lincoln it wasn’t....and that’s what I’m talking about!

1 minute ago, One Team said:

This would be a typical SL appointment though wouldn’t it?

Just looks like another LJ clone to me, don’t see how it’s any sort of improvement or upgrade.

If Cowley gets appointed I will moo!

If Cowley gets the job maybe Wellens or Lowe would have been a better option at least they play decent football 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

While they may have started to put that in place they were only there for a whole month of this season? 

I'm getting annoyed that they are being linked. And i realise theres probably nothing in it. 

This appointment is starting to stink of other key moments in the last few years. 

- The summer after our promotion campaign. We flew through league One, new stadium and a real high only for that to disappear in the next few months due to an awful summer window.

- January Transfer window after our league cup success. Sitting nicely in second, being lauded for our quality football and high press and then add noone of note. Obviously an awful run takes us not only the top two but the play offs.

And now. Our profile is high, a real chance to get a quality manager in to improve an already expensive squad, improve and maybe add in a couple of areas and it feels like we are going down the inexperienced ( cheap/puppet) line.

I realise this sounds negative but its how I see it at the moment. Doesnt  help I've had a long week and I'm bloody knackered. So particularly grumpy:) 

7 minutes ago, redsocks said:

No.come on lansdown pay the money and get someone decent in who are not going to be your ass kisses.crowly brothers better off with the chuckle brothers.lincoln and nearly relegated huddersfield are great to have on your cv.

What ridiculous comments...............:disapointed2se:

The Huddersfield job was always something of a poison chalice and they’ve done well to keep them in the Championship this season.

I certainly wouldn’t have a problem if they came to AG.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Shocking treatment, they're an absolute basket case club atm and he kept them up, should have been allowed to at least start next season and see if with a pre-season, whatever summer window we get etc whether he could have got them off to a good start.

Why are they a ‘basket case’ club at the moment? Genuine question, I see that phrase bandied about on here a lot to describe loads of clubs - I’m not knowledgeable about Huddersfield’s situation though

11 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

While they may have started to put that in place they were only there for a whole month of this season? 

I'm getting annoyed that they are being linked. And i realise theres probably nothing in it. 

This appointment is starting to stink of other key moments in the last few years. 

- The summer after our promotion campaign. We flew through league One, new stadium and a real high only for that to disappear in the next few months due to an awful summer window.

- January Transfer window after our league cup success. Sitting nicely in second, being lauded for our quality football and high press and then add noone of note. Obviously an awful run takes us not only the top two but the play offs.

And now. Our profile is high, a real chance to get a quality manager in to improve an already expensive squad, improve and maybe add in a couple of areas and it feels like we are going down the inexperienced ( cheap/puppet) line.

I realise this sounds negative but its how I see it at the moment. Doesnt  help I've had a long week and I'm bloody knackered. So particularly grumpy:) 

Hey, you didn’t come across as grumpy.  I’m not suggesting for one second that they should be in the frame either.  Today is a weird day on the football manager front!!!

I’m only saying about their style at Lincoln because it changed from the Conference days.  As you know I work with Joe Morrell’s dad so I watched a lot of them this season (and their early season form and style was great).

Here’s a good compilation of Joe.  Thanks to jbcfc on twitter.

Good to see the different ways he can play too.  Not just a tenacious DM.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why are they a ‘basket case’ club at the moment? Genuine question, I see that phrase bandied about on here a lot to describe loads of clubs - I’m not knowledgeable about Huddersfield’s situation though

That was my question to. ?

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What ridiculous comments...............:disapointed2se:

The Huddersfield job was always something of a poison chalice and they’ve done well to keep them in the Championship this season.

I certainly wouldn’t have a problem if they came to AG.

Just playing devils advocate here... take Huddersfield out of the equation and Cowley's CV is Lincoln, Braintree and Concord Rangers, so not a wealth of experience compared to Hughton, McCarthy or Pearson.

Cowley has a high element of gamble. 

Archived