IGNORED

Cowley Brothers

Waffleflap

17 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

SL has gone for top coaches for the rugby team, so why wouldn't he do for the football team

Got to have faith that the appointment this time is going to be top drawer.

I think with Pat Lam, he would have taken advice from the hierarchy at Bristol Rugby club. Not being involved in Rugby. When it comes to football I reckon he thinks he knows his stuff and picks who he thinks is best for the job. And that is where the trouble begins.

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

I think with Pat Lam, he would have taken advice from the hierarchy at Bristol Rugby club. Not being involved in Rugby. When it comes to football I reckon he thinks he knows his stuff and picks who he thinks is best for the job. And that is where the trouble begins.

I think you’re bang on the money, I get the feeling Steve thinks he’s clued up on football sadly I don’t think he is

Just now, Davefevs said:

rumour on twitter is sacked for talking to another club.  What a day ?

I take it back. Not the cheap option as we will have to pay a fine for tapping up ?

Sounds like you've seen alot more of Lincoln than I have so I'll take your word. However if I see the word abysmal from Huddersfield fans when describing their football one more time I might combust.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can’t remember them playing direct against West Brom  the other day. Haven’t watched them enough though to form a opinion 

Tbf some managers can play any style to suit the players they have. Haven’t seen enough of these two to really judge whether the way they played at Lincoln was down to personnel or preference.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I take it back. Not the cheap option as we will have to pay a fine for tapping up ?

Sounds like you've seen alot more of Lincoln than I have so I'll take your word. However if I see the word abysmal from Huddersfield fans when describing their football one more time I might combust.

Yeah, haven’t seen much of Huddersfield other than our two games....and the odd TV game.

The 5-2 (h) was the most open game I’ve seen all season, but they didn’t hoof it.  The 2-1 (a) defeat I really have tried to block from my mind, we were so bad. ?

1 minute ago, bris red said:

You cannot say you want Premier League football and then give these two the job. I think i would take an extended break away from BCFC if we make an appointment like this.

Yep spot on.

Why does everything at City have to be such drama? why are we always on the edge of our seats? 

Ashton surely knew that LJ's position was precarious at the start of the year...certainly at the start of lockdown. Wouldn't anyone in his position have complied a list of potential managers to replace LJ months ago. Sure, there would be names on it that wouldn't be available, but Hughton and McCarthy have been free, the rest is a process of seeing who might be available from the list in front of you.

Does anyone believe that on such a list the Cowley brothers would feature highly? Or the Newport chap? 

Baffling.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Why does everything at City have to be such drama? why are we always on the edge of our seats? 

Ashton surely knew that LJ's position was precarious at the start of the year...certainly at the start of lockdown. Wouldn't anyone in his position have complied a list of potential managers to replace LJ months ago. Sure, there would be names on it that wouldn't be available, but Hughton and McCarthy have been free, the rest is a process of seeing who might be available from the list in front of you.

Does anyone believe that on such a list the Cowley brothers would feature highly? Or the Newport chap? 

Baffling.

Lee Johnson 6/1 second favourite for Huddersfield behind Carlos Corberan

The problem we have is if SL wants to be part of a fairytale story - his heroic role being to pick a manager no one else has spotted, or rates...and prove everyone else wrong. That was, in my opinion, the LJ situation. The Cowley's would fit with that, sadly.

Well established managers with a track record don't offer SL that role.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, haven’t seen much of Huddersfield other than our two games....and the odd TV game.

The 5-2 (h) was the most open game I’ve seen all season, but they didn’t hoof it.  The 2-1 (a) defeat I really have tried to block from my mind, we were so bad. ?

As I recall, Hudds were very dangerous in that 2nd half

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

Just playing devils advocate here... take Huddersfield out of the equation and Cowley's CV is Lincoln, Braintree and Concord Rangers, so not a wealth of experience compared to Hughton, McCarthy or Pearson.

Cowley has a high element of gamble. 

Of course, but then so is any manager a gamble. An impressive CV is no more a guarantee than than a guy who is relatively inexperienced.

Looking at it from JL and MA’s perspective- they’ll want a guy who picks up the mantle designed by Steve Lansdown.

That almost certainly means a young and up and coming manager and Danny Cowley fits the bill............:cool2:

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why are they a ‘basket case’ club at the moment? Genuine question, I see that phrase bandied about on here a lot to describe loads of clubs - I’m not knowledgeable about Huddersfield’s situation though

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That was my question to. ?

Live in Halifax and a number of guys in local pub are Huddersfield season ticket holders , since the ex chairman sold the club the new owner has borrowed the money to buy the club against the money they got when being relegated. The squad is bloated with players they signed under the previous manager.

To be fair they wanted Hughton at the time but he turned them down. At the local golf club and a guy in a Huddersfield training top has said surprised they’ve gone and should have been given next season 

1 minute ago, daored said:

Live in Halifax and a number of guys in local pub are Huddersfield season ticket holders , since the ex chairman sold the club the new owner has borrowed the money to buy the club against the money they got when being relegated. The squad is bloated with players they signed under the previous manager.

To be fair they wanted Hughton at the time but he turned them down. At the local golf club and a guy in a Huddersfield training top has said surprised they’ve gone and should have been given next season 

Can’t be a very good golf club if you’re allowed to wear a football training top. 

After being told what a highly sought after job this is and you’d be surprised by the names declaring interest, to end up with these 2, who’ve had 3/4 of a season at this level would tell you all you need to know about This clubs genuine ambitions to get promoted. No better than Johnson, save the money keep Holden hope to stay mid table. 

Archived