IGNORED

Cowley Brothers

Waffleflap

A few snippets from huddersfield forum.

-agree with the decision to be fair. Don’t let the victory over West Brom mask the fact that the writing was clearly on the wall in terms the Cowley’s limitations as managers and tacticians. People might point to the fact that they inherited a shit show, I agree, they did but I they’ve still had a squad which is on paper is far better and has far more potential than they’ve shown this season at championship level. Nothing I saw from the Cowley’s gave me any hope that performances could improve going into next season. May seem harsh but it’s absolutely the right thing, providing we install a new manager with tactical acumen and ambition... I won’t hold my breath though!

-Correct decision. They underperformed

-thank the lord

-Sure, the play was hard to watch and they certainly didnt react in games like you'd hope BUT end of the day, they kept us up!!

-Why are people upset by this? They’ve been awful and nearly sent us down.

general consensus is owner is a nutter and fans more annoyed by lack of stability rather than any love or loyalty to Cowleys. They seem certain hes coming here.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They are a Championship Ben Garner.

Well they’re not really, are they?  Ben Garner had never managed a club in his life, let alone in the Football League.  Mind you, Garner has had some good experience as a coach, but was clearly shafted by working as number two to none other than Steve Coppell in the Indian Super League.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is The Championship though, he won 13 out of 40 in it, which is bottom half form.

Michael O’Neill took over Stoke who were bottom, been in a mess for 2 years & he’s won 13 out of 31...

And created a clear philosophy which the cowleys havent. Think ONeil will get stoke right up there next season.

16 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

After 125 years that’s the best you can come up with. 1 good appointment in the 70’s and 1 appointment that got us 1 game away from the prem. ?

And you choose to ignore any other achievements the others made at a mediocre club. 

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

"Good decision, glad they’ve gone, I was hoping for the best when we signed them, The squad we have should have been nowhere near relegation massively under performed."

Sounds positive.

Sounds like they have a “Lez” on their forum as well. 

9 minutes ago, Lez said:

"Good decision, glad they’ve gone, I was hoping for the best when we signed them, The squad we have should have been nowhere near relegation massively under performed."

Sounds positive.

The majority of thier forum is positive towards the Cowley's and shocked at todays developments

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well they’re not really, are they?  Ben Garner had never managed a club in his life, let alone in the Football League.  Mind you, Garner has had some good experience as a coach, but was clearly shafted by working as number two to none other than Steve Coppell in the Indian Super League.

I was being deliberately extreme.

But even given some of the less preferred options being touted, this is even less preferred.

5 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

The majority of thier forum is positive towards the Cowley's and shocked at todays developments

Based on the Huddersfield fans I know they’re disappointed they’ve gone and believe they should have been given longer by the club.

Are they the right fit for city , time will tell 

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That doesn't suit the agenda.

Can't say I have followed the previous poster's history so unaware of any agenda's my response was just for balance more than anything else, FWIW I think the Cowley brothers have a pretty good track record and would feel quite optimistic if they arrived here, as much as or possibly even more than any other candidate mentioned so far.  I don't buy the "proven Championship" manager requirement as the skills required to get the best out a squad of players and set a team up to our strengths should be transferrable throughout the various divisions as shown by the likes of WIlder.

26 minutes ago, Lez said:

A few snippets from huddersfield forum.

-agree with the decision to be fair. Don’t let the victory over West Brom mask the fact that the writing was clearly on the wall in terms the Cowley’s limitations as managers and tacticians. People might point to the fact that they inherited a shit show, I agree, they did but I they’ve still had a squad which is on paper is far better and has far more potential than they’ve shown this season at championship level. Nothing I saw from the Cowley’s gave me any hope that performances could improve going into next season. May seem harsh but it’s absolutely the right thing, providing we install a new manager with tactical acumen and ambition... I won’t hold my breath though!

-Correct decision. They underperformed

-thank the lord

-Sure, the play was hard to watch and they certainly didnt react in games like you'd hope BUT end of the day, they kept us up!!

-Why are people upset by this? They’ve been awful and nearly sent us down.

general consensus is owner is a nutter and fans more annoyed by lack of stability rather than any love or loyalty to Cowleys. They seem certain hes coming here.

You pick and choose certain posts to back your argument, had a look earlier and there was a range, certainly some critical but a lot saying he should have been given into next season to show what he could do

Just now, Lrrr said:

You pick and choose certain posts to back your argument, had a look earlier and there was a range, certainly some critical but a lot saying he should have been given into next season to show what he could do

Of course they should, no manager deserves 1 season unless it really is dire. No one seems overly disappointed in the sense they are losing Danny Cowley though.

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is The Championship though, he won 13 out of 40 in it, which is bottom half form.

Michael O’Neill took over Stoke who were bottom, been in a mess for 2 years & he’s won 13 out of 31...

Cowleys took over with Huddersfield 23rd having not won a single game in 6 - they are now 18th and along the way he has won manager of the month too. They definitely haven't done a bad job.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Of course they should, no manager deserves 1 season unless it really is dire. No one seems overly disappointed in the sense they are losing Danny Cowley though.

Seriously mate , the majority of their fans are disappointed they’ve left. 

1 minute ago, daored said:

Seriously mate , the majority of their fans are disappointed they’ve left. 

No they're not.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Cowleys took over with Huddersfield 23rd having not won a single game in 6 - they are now 18th and along the way he has won manager of the month too. They definitely haven't done a bad job.

Bad job no. Good job no.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

No they're not.

I bow to your superior knowledge . I’ve spent time in the company of Huddersfield season ticket holders and they’ve told me they are.

Your comment states ‘seems’ mine is factual and not an interpretation of how I read a comment 

1 minute ago, daored said:

I bow to your superior knowledge . I’ve spent time in the company of Huddersfield season ticket holders and they’ve told me they are.

And that's the "majority" of Huddersfield fans? Seriously.

4 minutes ago, Lez said:

Not the tone you were going with earlier, adamant the job was terrible and therefore 'really is dire' so to use your words

7 hours ago, Lez said:

I fear you are just making it up as you go along.

Just now, Lez said:

And that's the "majority" of Huddersfield fans? Seriously.

Never said it was the majority , you’ve taken your opinion from a forum I’ve taken mine from a pint and a chat. 

Should they be our new manager is a different debate 

Just now, Lrrr said:

Not the tone you were going with earlier, adamant the job was terrible and therefore 'really is dire' so to use your words

It would be a dire appointment no doubt about that.

Just now, daored said:

Never said it was the majority , you’ve taken your opinion from a forum I’ve taken mine from a pint and a chat. 

Should they be our new manager is a different debate 

Of course he shouldnt.

Archived