IGNORED

Cowley Brothers

Waffleflap

As someone else said in this thread, every manager has to start somewhere and to be fair Cowley’s start has been pretty decent. Play offs with Braintree,   FA Cup Q final (as a non league team), EFL trophy win, two promotions from National League and League Two with Lincoln, kept Huddersfield up which was by no means certain when he went there (not even had a pre season there). I get that some people think we have a divine right to attract Hughton (who knows if he even wants to come here) but Cowley’s record is hardly one to look down your nose at though. Plus I don’t see how the fact that he was once a PE teacher goes against him! Some people on here clearly had a bad experience in PE at school; perhaps they forgot their kit and had to play in their pants! Or perhaps it’s just managerial snobbery at play! Anyway can’t wait to see who we appoint (and the reaction on here!).

Just now, Dolman_Stand said:

Difficult to see how they haven't done a good job based on what they walked into, for me this would be like us sacking Cotterill at the end of the half season he had in charge after taking over from O'Driscoll.

Unless I'm mistaken huddersfield will only confirm survival last day of the season despite taking the job in September.

I would be very happy to have them take over at city, they have done well everywhere they have been, there teams have a nice style of play, when they tool over at Huddersfield they where heading straight to league 1 to keep them up is a huge plus point, shows they are great man managers and good at getting the best from some players who had not been performing for some time, sounds just like what we need

Are the Cowley brothers the right choice , who knows. Is Hughton , Gerrard , Terry or anyone else again who knows - time will tell for any appointment. 

18 months ago the stock of the brothers was sky high , ok the style of football may be direct but they dealt with the players they had. Huddersfield, in hindsight a bad move by them but ex premier league , good salary and ex school teachers who could blame them.

Huddersfield are a mess, bad ownership since they’ve been taken over and a squad of foreign players they can’t move on. Judge them on their tenure ? They’ve kept them up. 

Are there managers out their with better CVs of course - do they want to come to City- I guess we’ll never know. Would I prefer the Cowleys to a Terry - absolutely.

No managerial appointment is without risk 

Just now, winsaw said:

I would be very happy to have them take over at city, they have done well everywhere they have been, there teams have a nice style of play, when they tool over at Huddersfield they where heading straight to league 1 to keep them up is a huge plus point, shows they are great man managers and good at getting the best from some players who had not been performing for some time, sounds just like what we need

He took over in September :laugh:.

"The Cowleys are right to talk about the Herculean effort it has taken for this side to even be in contention to avoid relegation, We don’t doubt that it has taken an extraordinary amount of work to haul Town out of the drop zone after their horrendous start to the season, but the true test is in whether they can keep that going right to the hopefully-not-bitter end."

Thats from their EP equivilent. 

The first two pages of the thread about their sacking on the Hudderfield forum are basically people in shock: "Err Wow!", "WTF" ,"Unbelievable! Stunned!", "Can only imagine something has happened behind the scenes OR perhaps rumours of a takeover are true", "Ridiculous.", "Can't believe this. **** off Phil.", "That's probably the most surprising sacking that Town have ever made.", "WOW disappointed is an understatement.
Something not right down there"

Thats all from the first page of their main forum. In general people seem at least surprised that they have gone and assume that something else is the cause other than the football. 

7 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Apparently Huddersfield aren’t seeking applications for the managerial vacancy.....which suggests they have someone lined up. 

I reckon Lez has got the job. He’s been in the Huddersfield’s chairman’s ear telling him how crap Cowley is ? 

Just now, winsaw said:

Exactly took over a team that had been failing for a long time and turned them around very quickly and kept them up, 

I'm not sure he did turn them around quickly seeing that they still ain't secure from relegation on paper.

Just now, eardun said:

I reckon Lez has got the job. He’s been in the Huddersfield’s chairman’s ear telling him how crap Cowley is ? 

I could do just as gooder job.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

I'm not sure he did turn them around quickly seeing that they still ain't secure from relegation on paper.

What’s your next argument? My dads bigger than your dad? I have seen better posts from “bots”.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

"The Cowleys are right to talk about the Herculean effort it has taken for this side to even be in contention to avoid relegation, We don’t doubt that it has taken an extraordinary amount of work to haul Town out of the drop zone after their horrendous start to the season, but the true test is in whether they can keep that going right to the hopefully-not-bitter end."

Thats from their EP equivilent. 

The first two pages of the thread about their sacking on the Hudderfield forum are basically people in shock: "Err Wow!", "WTF" ,"Unbelievable! Stunned!", "Can only imagine something has happened behind the scenes OR perhaps rumours of a takeover are true", "Ridiculous.", "Can't believe this. **** off Phil.", "That's probably the most surprising sacking that Town have ever made.", "WOW disappointed is an understatement.
Something not right down there"

Thats all from the first page of their main forum. In general people seem at least surprised that they have gone and assume that something else is the cause other than the football. 

Of course they are surprised its come out of nowhere 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

This “amazing record” that Danny Cowley has, he’s been in charge of a Championship side with parachute payments for just 40 games in his career & has only won 13 of them.

I felt that LJ had run out of road but didn’t honestly think we would appoint someone who finished below us in the league.

You can make a case that the 3 clubs that came up last season (all currently in a 4 way relegation battle with Hull) had far less resources, but a side with parachute payments? Not really.

So the parachute money was given to them for players ?

Serious question - I have no idea if they had that sort of budget or if the owner decided to recoup his outlay.

20 minutes ago, Lez said:

Unless I'm mistaken huddersfield will only confirm survival last day of the season despite taking the job in September.

Pretty sure it was confirmed after the win over WBA, the point I was making is that he came into a complete basket case of a club that hadn't won a game in god knows how long and were in complete free fall, yet turned it around sufficiently to justify being afforded the oppurtunity to build his own squad for next season in the same manner as Cotteril was and we all know what happened next.

8 minutes ago, Lez said:

is this a word or a z rate celeb I've never heard of? 

Just now, Dolman_Stand said:

Pretty sure it was confirmed after the win over WBA, the point I was making is that he came into a complete basket case of a club that hadn't won a game in god knows how long and were in complete free fall, yet turned it around sufficiently to justify being afforded the oppurtunity to build his own squad for next season in the same manner as Cotteril was and we all know what happened next.

You’re trying to reason with a bloke who knows it all (in his own mind).

Just now, Davefevs said:

You’re trying to reason with a bloke who knows it all (in his own mind).

Technically they could still be relegated on the last day hence why I stated it took them to the last day to survive. Making both you and the person you have quoted incorrect. 

Archived