IGNORED

Cowley Brothers

Waffleflap

This would be just the sort of underwhelming appointment many of us have been fearing from SL and Ashton.

If the point of sacking LJ was to obtain Premier League football then I don’t get this at all.

If mediocrity was the plan then we may as well have given LJ more time rather than sack him and appoint Cowley. 

5 minutes ago, reddoh said:

is this a word or a z rate celeb I've never heard of? 

Yeah I think they struggled a bit, they had a long while to get free, appreciate though they inherited a club with a long losing culture...not for me, would prefer Mr Lowe if your going to 'gamble'..

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

The fact is that they are safe regardless of technicalities from a position where relegation looked a near certainty.

"A near certainty"- this is what you call expanding the truth.

Just now, Busterrimes said:

Can I just remind a few people to the comments when Steve Cotterill was appointed. Things like oh no long ball football and only really done it with Cheltenham were mentioned.

Did Steve Cotterill play long ball or adapt?

Who is to say Cowley can't adapt too?

Cotterill was in league 1 with one of the biggest transfer and wage budgets in the division. We are now in the championship looking for promotion to the prem......

A poor and pointless comparison.

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

So the parachute money was given to them for players ?

Serious question - I have no idea if they had that sort of budget or if the owner decided to recoup his outlay.

Honest answer? I don’t know.

However they do have some decent players, Grant, Mounie, Bacuna..

The point I was making was that the 3 promoted sides (Luton, Barnsley & Charlton) all definitely operate at a lower level than them wage wise making simply finishing above them & Hull (who have imploded after selling Bowen & Grosicki) not that much of an achievement, really.

Just now, Lez said:

Cotterill was in league 1 with one of the biggest transfer and wage budgets in the division. We are now in the championship looking for promotion to the prem......

A poor and pointless comparison.

What utter tosh. Division and budget mean nothing. You  are talking about style of play and adaptability. I used a very good analogy sorry it doesn't fit your hate campaign.

Also no one knows who will be good or bad at City or any club. It is not an exact science. You only know once they get the job.

2 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

What utter tosh. Division and budget mean nothing. You  are talking about style of play and adaptability. I used a very good analogy sorry it doesn't fit your hate campaign.

Also no one knows who will be good or bad at City or any club. It is not an exact science. You only know once they get the job.

Budget means nothing now that is a first.

Just now, Busterrimes said:

Not when you are talking about a style of play no. Crewe have always played lovely passing football pleasing on the eye. How big is their budget.

Not sure what Crewe has to do with anything.

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

We were talking about style and budgets. You insisted a big budget was required.

I'm saying it isn't. Can I ask, are you dense?

No I just dont bother to read whatever you've typed.

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

5 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Great debating there. Well done. Welcome to my ignore list

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

With respect you arent one of the people worth debating. 

Ignoring what he's said, but felt the need to reply. Why reply at all?

Grow up people.

22 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

That’s patently not true. Managers reach a level and cannot break that ceiling. It’s happened time and again, and quite clearly happened with Cotts.  Division and budget are hugely important on style of football and directly impact on success rate. 

9 minutes ago, Lez said:

That’s Effin obvious.

5 minutes ago, Lez said:

With respect you arent one of the people worth debating. 

You don’t know how to debate.

Go and look at budget in the Championship and then tell us with your amazing wisdom how the division correlates to budget?

Then you‘all have worked out you’ve talking a load of shit!

Just now, Notbarrymanc said:

That’s patently not true. Managers reach a level and cannot break that ceiling. It’s happened time and again, and quite clearly happened with Cotts.  Division and budget are hugely important on style of football and directly impact on success rate. 

That is a good point about managerial ceiling. The main point I am trying to make is we don't really know what that ceiling is yet for the Cowleys.

My Crewe analogy does stand little as they made it to this level with an 8000 seat ground np budget but played fantastic football.

I get people are frustrated but we don't know how good a manager will be until they start the job.

37 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Can I just remind a few people to the comments when Steve Cotterill was appointed. Things like oh no long ball football and only really done it with Cheltenham were mentioned.

Did Steve Cotterill play long ball or adapt?

Who is to say Cowley can't adapt too?

From the little I saw of Lincoln from the outside I heard they had changed to become more progressive in recent times before the Cowleys moved on.

Certainly Joe Morrell doesn’t seem the obvious addition to a midfield that wants to play an attritional game or win every second ball, unless Brian Tinnion told them he was 6’5” to get the deal done.

I can definitely see why people wouldn’t but I’d rather have the Cowleys than Gerrard. SG has spent a lot of money north of the border, quite regularly blows his lid with his players in the media and pretty much gave up the title race after the New Year. Domestically he’s got a lot to prove, and if he wasn’t called Steven Gerrard I don’t think people would be half as keen.

Archived