IGNORED

Cowley Brothers

Waffleflap

1 minute ago, RonWalker said:

From the little I saw of Lincoln from the outside I heard they had changed to become more progressive in recent times before the Cowleys moved on.
Certainly Joe Morrell doesn’t seem the obvious addition to a midfield that wants to play an attritional game or win every second ball, unless Brian Tinnion told them he was 6’5” to get the deal done.

Correct Ron. 

Just now, RonWalker said:

From the little I saw of Lincoln from the outside I heard they had changed to become more progressive in recent times before the Cowleys moved on.
Certainly Joe Morrell doesn’t seem the obvious addition to a midfield that wants to play an attritional game or win every second ball, unless Brian Tinnion told them he was 6’5” to get the deal done.

Yep, you not the first person to say this. @Davefevs said similar. I get the feeling the Cowleys just wanted to survive this season. That Huddersfield side at Ashton Gate was gutless so not surprised they may have a bit more agricultural. Clean sheets when struggling don't come from expansive play

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s Effin obvious.

You don’t know how to debate.

Go and look at budget in the Championship and then tell us with your amazing wisdom how the division correlates to budget?

Then you‘all have worked out you’ve talking a load of shit!

You wont see Mitrovic at Barnsley for a reason. You wont see Bielsa at Luton for a reason either.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

There’s only one of him thankfully.

Her.

59 minutes ago, Lez said:

Cotterill was in league 1 with one of the biggest transfer and wage budgets in the division. We are now in the championship looking for promotion to the prem......

A poor and pointless comparison.

Cotterill also produced one of the finest teams in recent League 1 history despite a negative net spend, and while well-backed without the significant resources of a Norwich or a Leeds.

I don’t have anything to add to the debate, but I can’t read anything besmirching the king like that.

2 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

Cotterill also produced one of the finest teams in recent League 1 history despite a negative net spend, and while well-backed without the significant resources of a Norwich or a Leeds.

I don’t have anything to add to the debate, but I can’t read anything besmirching the king like that.

We don't get the word besmirch on OTIB enough :clapping:

14 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

He did a legend in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blimey Lez, with all respect, having a pop at Davefevs seems a tad OTT, he's a good poster and a proper diehard red.

Are you a previous poster under a new pseudonym?

Asking for a friend. 

I'm sure he is a decent bloke not knocking him personally would be wrong to do so. 

Doesnt know much about football though.

Back from a weekend away and see 15 pages on this thread....should've known better ?

I think this is the exact kind of appointment SL and MA want. Does it fill me with joy, no (neither did Cottrell), does it make me want to run down the bookies and stick a ton on promotion, no (Coppell did)

Funny old game, football

1 hour ago, Lez said:

I'm sure he is a decent bloke not knocking him personally would be wrong to do so. 

He just makes sweeping statements with no argument or facts to back them up, and if he believes something to be true decides its a fact - right? ?

Huddersfield have someone lined up . Being announced today apparently. There chairman apparently wants control of transfers and that is were the breakdown of relationship with Cowley started. Wanted to sack them earlier in the season . Cowleys haven’t spoke to us whilst in charge of Huddersfield. According to an apparent ITK poster on their forum . So much bullshit going around at the moment but this is my preferred flavour. 

I don’t think they will be coming here based on this 

8 hours ago, Lez said:

Technically they could still be relegated on the last day hence why I stated it took them to the last day to survive. Making both you and the person you have quoted incorrect. 

No they can’t be relegated. If all the clubs around them win they can be in the last relegation place. However even if Wigan win they will take that place with their 12 points deduction. 
So technically they secured Championship against WBA. 

This does not mean that I want Danny Cowley mind. 

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blimey Lez, with all respect, having a pop at Davefevs seems a tad OTT, he's a good poster and a proper diehard red.

Are you a previous poster under a new pseudonym?

Asking for a friend. 

@Lez has been on here a while.  Don’t think she is in a great place.  Over 60 posts in a day (getting more and more unhinged) and being on here literally every hour of the day until past 1am isn’t exactly healthy.

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Would any club looking to secure promotion to the Prem scramble to sign the Cowley brothers above someone like Hughton for example ? 

Either it’s paper talk or 

SL doesn’t want promotion to the Prem as badly as he makes out .

Time will tell.

I don’t think Hughton wants to come here , whether he’s unhappy with the terms we’ve offered , he believes he can get a better job or simply the club don’t want him. If he was out number one choice I believe he would already be in position 

8 hours ago, Lez said:

Oh come on. Of all the posters on here you could accuse of not knowing much about football, you call out @Davefevs?

Laughable. Only damaging your own reputation with that sort of nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Were they any good as PE teachers, anybody know? Could do better? Has Ashton spoken to the head? Do they insist on 6 weeks off over the summer, and two weeks at Christmas and Easter?

If we are going down the PE teacher route now, I'd go for Joe Wickes .....

Would it make any difference?

The way this is going the concern has to be that Wicks, LJ and Cowley are all from the same alien stock who have infiltrated Earth with the sinister objective of sending BCFC fans completely bonkers.

I mean, look at them. 

Body Coach star Joe Wicks to read CBeebies bedtime story on ...Thank you for the wonderful memories, Lee'UK News | World News | Latest News | Sports | Latest Nigerian News ...

Still, at least we can rest assured that Jon Lansdown isn't one of them.

? Jon Lansdown talks all things kit! - YouTube

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :shocking::gaah:

10 hours ago, One Team said:

This would be just the sort of underwhelming appointment many of us have been fearing from SL and Ashton.

If the point of sacking LJ was to obtain Premier League football then I don’t get this at all.

If mediocrity was the plan then we may as well have given LJ more time rather than sack him and appoint Cowley. 

Exactly the same point of view I heard when we appointed Cotterill. 

They have an almost unblemished record with multiple promotions.

They know the division now and did a decent job sorting Huddersfield out who were an absolute car crash when they joined. I'd prefer others but would have these over an awful lot of the others mentioned.

1 hour ago, daored said:

I don’t think Hughton wants to come here , whether he’s unhappy with the terms we’ve offered , he believes he can get a better job or simply the club don’t want him. If he was out number one choice I believe he would already be in position 

‘ someone like Hughton’

Archived