IGNORED

Cowley Brothers

Waffleflap

17 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If that's the case then Huddersfield would wait for the compo instead of sacking them.

I suspect like the majority of sackings, if they go and find another job within x period, compensation will stop.

9 minutes ago, Lez said:

17th? With that squad? Not surprised at all they have been fired.

Take Mooy and Billing out of probably one of the worst Prem league squads we’ve seen and it’s gonna be a lot worse off.  Kongolo went in January too.  But as the “bright young things” in management the expectation hasn’t been met.  You can bet they sold the club a vision better than 18th in the Champ.  Same as LJ, agreed the objective of playoffs and didn’t deliver.

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Its not a great squad compared to usual relegated prem sides and in Jan they were only able to sign Stearman for cheap and got a few loans in. From being the position they were in and an absolute basket case they should have been given a summer/pre-season etc to see if they could start next season well, very harsh to not get that.

We’re they a basket-case, or just a poor relegated side?

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Its not a great squad compared to usual relegated prem sides and in Jan they were only able to sign Stearman for cheap and got a few loans in. From being the position they were in and an absolute basket case they should have been given a summer/pre-season etc to see if they could start next season well, very harsh to not get that.

Huddersfield arent a basket case club. Not a great squad compared to Barnsley Luton Hull etc? They only have Lossl, Schnieder, Hogg, Grant, Pritchard etc.

I fear you are just making it up as you go along.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I suspect like the majority of sackings, if they go and find another job within x period, compensation will stop.

Take Mooy and Billing out of probably one of the worst Prem league squads we’ve seen and it’s gonna be a lot worse off.  Kongolo went in January too.  But as the “bright young things” in management the expectation hasn’t been met.  You can bet they sold the club a vision better than 18th in the Champ.  Same as LJ, agreed the objective of playoffs and didn’t deliver.

We’re they a basket-case, or just a poor relegated side?

They arent in the prem.....

Just now, Davefevs said:

You can bet they sold the club a vision better than 18th in the Champ.  Same as LJ, agreed the objective of playoffs and didn’t deliver.

Huddersfield statement says they met the objective of keeping the team in the division

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I remember seeing how Lincoln played when they were in charge and made Pulis's teams look like Man City?

League 2 where their style is more suited 

When coming up from non-league, yes, but transitioned the squad over time.  I watched them a fair bit this season (because of Joe Morrell)....they were very, very different.  They played the way they needed to to get them into the meagre, then Lg2 promotion.

Just now, Davefevs said:

When coming up from non-league, yes, but transitioned the squad over time.  I watched them a fair bit this season (because of Joe Morrell)....they were very, very different.  They played the way they needed to to get them into the meagre, then Lg2 promotion.

Fair point as I can only comment what I saw in league 2. Now 7/1 third favourite on Skybet 

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

Huddersfield arent a basket case club. Not a great squad compared to Barnsley Luton Hull etc? They only have Lossl, Schnieder, Hogg, Grant, Pritchard etc.

I fear you are just making it up as you go along.

They arent in the prem.....

I didn’t say they were crap, I’m saying they are a worse squad than the one in the Prem, which was bad.

I didn’t say we should appoint them?

Why don’t you read what people write?

Instead you come across as a arrogant cock.  Again!

They kept Huddersfield up, which wasn’t a certainty when they took over.

Plenty of Prem clubs come down and struggle, or drift further down in the following seasons. Look at Sunderland, or Hull, who are both similar sized or bigger than Town.

Sometimes managers just don’t fit at clubs, one “failed” season at Huddersfield, where they met the board’s stated objective, wouldn’t make them damaged goods for me.

Compared to some other names, I’d be happy with the Cowleys. Just have a feeling that this might be a good match for both the club and them as a management team.

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A few on here saying they wouldn’t want him with us . Genuine question , why? 
Not saying he would be top of my list either. He did a very good job with Lincoln, even though it was non/lower leagues . Did a decent job steering Huddersfield away from trouble.

Don’t really know how he sets his teams up though. 

They didn’t play air raid sirens at Lincoln for nothing..........

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I didn’t say they were crap, I’m saying they are a worse squad than the one in the Prem, which was bad.

I didn’t say we should appoint them?

Why don’t you read what people write?

Instead you come across as a arrogant cock.  Again!

Team gets relegated and loses players. Shock. Never seen that happen before.

Archived