IGNORED

Cowley Brothers

Waffleflap

Just now, Lez said:

And played how many games. I mention big names with big personality and you mention some kid because they play for arsenal. 

?  Given they were allowed to spend £120,000 in Jan he'd hardly have a chance to have attracted a big name player in the window. The point was first window they were able to go to Arsenal and pick up a lad who Leipzig thought good enough to bring over, Ampadu hasn't managed to get masses of games out there either and he'd be top quality at this level. Was it a point about would I want Smith Rowe here? No, it was merely that you responded to a question about who they got in.

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It seems , and like you I’m not 100%
the football he played at Lincoln was very route 1. 
The reason for his dismissal , this coming from a reporter At Huddersfield on talkSPORT earlier. Said it was because of very pragmatic playing style. 

It was route 1 to get them out of the conference, but as I’ve said in other posts they transitioned into a much better footballing side.  Players like Jack Payne, Bruno Andrade, Harry Anderson, Tyler Walker plus our own Joe Morrell would be lost playing route 1.

Huddersfield style I can’t really go on any more than the two games versus us and the odd live TV game...where they didn’t strike me as long ball.  But more than happy for someone who’s watched them more to detail how they play.

Jokanovic

Hughton

Gerrard

Cook

Neil

Those are my top 5. Surely at least 1 of them is gettable for us. Anything outside one of those either means we are being cheap or we think far too highly of Bristol City. 

The Cowley Bros I am meh about. Probably more to do with their decision to leave Lincoln when they did for Huddersfield. Lincoln were performing relatively well in L1 and Huddersfield were clearly on a downward spiral and weren't going to be promotion contenders for a few seasons. I see football people going to bad clubs and makes me wonder their real ambitions. Of course everyone wants more money but the Cowley’s stock wasn’t in any danger at Lincoln. Could have waited for a better job. Much like Cook has in his managerial career

26 minutes ago, Lez said:

Cook is far more proven than Lowe and cowley.

Would you rather have Cowley or 'deluded Lowe? Because from where I am sitting Lowe plays much better football with an even more impressive lower league history and without effectively taking a parachute team to 13th in the Champ.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What would concern me about this appointment is that it doesn’t indicate we’re serious about a promotion push.

This was an opportunity to bring in someone like Hughton, who looks like a genuine step up on LJ. The Cowley brothers aren’t (reputationally anyway).

yep - this ?

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Would you rather have Cowley or 'deluded Lowe? Because from where I am sitting Lowe plays much better football with an even more impressive lower league history and without effectively taking a parachute team to 13th in the Champ.

Neither. They arent ready to manage a side looking for promotion to the prem.

2 hours ago, daored said:

Live in Halifax and a number of guys in local pub are Huddersfield season ticket holders , since the ex chairman sold the club the new owner has borrowed the money to buy the club against the money they got when being relegated. The squad is bloated with players they signed under the previous manager.

To be fair they wanted Hughton at the time but he turned them down. At the local golf club and a guy in a Huddersfield training top has said surprised they’ve gone and should have been given next season 

Thanks for that info - interesting stuff. I still don’t get the ‘basket case’ reference though - I know it wasn’t you who described The Terriers in that way - but that phrase is chucked about a lot by many on here to describe clubs - I’m not sure they even know what it means! ?

Just now, Lez said:

Neither. They arent ready to manage a side looking for promotion to the prem.

Well I agree but if we are actually going for Cowleys then maybe we the fans are the deluded ones. It would be unbelievable to choose them compared to about 10 other names strongly linked

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What would concern me about this appointment is that it doesn’t indicate we’re serious about a promotion push.

This was an opportunity to bring in someone like Hughton, who looks like a genuine step up on LJ. The Cowley brothers aren’t (reputationally anyway).

Spot on. If we do appoint them Lansdown and the board need to stop bullshitting the fanbase - they don’t WANT promotion they are quite happy to plod at this level. SL’s main play thing is the rugby club in my honest opinion.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

yep - this ?

It feels like a real opportunity to level up - Hughton the obvious choice. Someone who’s been there and done it. Failing that, an up and coming manager with a huge reputation that would galvanise the club - ie Gerrard.

They might turn out to be great, just on paper doesn’t feel like the natural progression for where we are right now.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

That isn't entirely why I thought they were a passing side. Looked like they were from what I saw. Plus they were not playing a big target man striker.

You and your bloody player heights ???

Football takes all sorts!

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Don't think anyone is saying 'amazing' record but seemingly when your objective is just to keep the team in the league and you do that to then be sacked before the end of the season when you've been given £120,000 to spend in January plus a few loans just seems strange and poor to not give him a pre-season and chance to get a season off to a good start. Their squad at this level isn't anything special so shouldn't have been expecting to rip up trees etc.

@JonDolman did.

2 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

You never know but I'd be surprised if the Cowley brothers were appointed because Mark Ashton has gone on the record as wanting a head coach style of appointment rather than someone with managerial powers.  In other words he wants to keep control over transfer purchases and sales. 

In this interview Danny Cowley said:- "the opportunity to be a managers rather than head coach is important to us as it's how we have always worked"

Maybe they wanted to try working this way and have discovered that they are actually better just doing the coaching?

1 hour ago, Lez said:

All those saying Cowley did a great job at huddersfield are deluded....with the resources he had he managed to scrape it to keep them up.

Think we're underestimating how ****** up Hudd's are under Hodgkinson.

image.thumb.png.0292a0f2bc52b3a3a6d5ec1667d53cf8.png

Archived