IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Finley_Smith10

23 hours ago, mozo said:

Deeney on the Pearson rumours:

"I just want to put it out there, there was no fight at half-time," he told beIN Sports. "It's 2020, you don't do that any more and certainly with all the cameras you would see a lot more if that was the case.

"The gaffer didn't put his hands on anybody. He was just frustrated and had a firm talking to us. No-one was fighting, no-one was punched and no-one was tickled. There were no hands thrown.

"Second of all, Troy will not be picking teams - I have read that online as well. I am player-coach, apparently. Anything else I have missed out? We weren't locked in... so a lot of interesting things."

[Goal]

Why is he talking about himself in the third person? 

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Yeah doubt that Pearson would change the dressing room rules because he couldn't handle him!

Same Tomlin whose doing nicely at Cardiff eh?

Who got the assist to finish off LJ?

Not got a problem with LJ moving him out but maybe he couldn't get the best...?

Pearson is a good manager but seems to have a complex/troublesome relationship with clubs.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pearson is a good manager but seems to have a complex/troublesome relationship with clubs.

In that case nor could the supposedly brilliant man manager Warnock. Nor Eddie Howe.

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Didn’t Marlon Pack say recently that Warnock was better than LJ in that regard but not so tactically minded?

Unsure but Johnson also seems, in my highly limited view, an awful man manager. So there's probably not much praise to be taken from that comparison. 

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Didn’t Marlon Pack say recently that Warnock was better than LJ in that regard but not so tactically minded?

Bradley Orr said that he was a brilliant man manager, too, but that was really disappointed by his lack of day to day involvement & shocked at how he allowed certain players to be totally unprofessional (Taarabt).

As for Pearson he seems to leave clubs with a certain level of acrimony. 

Leicester harshly sacked him, Derby got rid by late September- he was suspended IIRC and Watford, something behind the scenes that contributed.

Would be interesting to see how acceptable his style is moving forward in the top two divisions?

16 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Proper old school type, wouldn't fit with the sensitive nature of the club and support. Thats why he would be ideal, we have been a soft touch for too long, a yes from me.

He's been sacked from his last three jobs with off the field reasons surely a contributing factor? Bit of a red flag?

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As for Pearson he seems to leave clubs with a certain level of acrimony. 

Leicester harshly sacked him, Derby got rid by late September- he was suspended IIRC and Watford, something behind the scenes that contributed.

Would be interesting to see how acceptable his style is moving forward in the top two divisions?

He's been sacked from his last three jobs with off the field reasons surely a contributing factor? Bit of a red flag?

This Watford sacking appears to be on the field based, no? Reported that Gino Pozzo had been planning his demise based on recent form and BBC report that he has the public backing of the LMA...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53496692

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

This Watford sacking appears to be on the field based, no? Reported that Gino Pozzo had been planning his demise based on recent form and BBC report that he has the public backing of the LMA...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53496692

Wouldn't expect anything less from LMA!

Media reports seem to vary. Sky Sports said something IIRC about a frank exchange of views. 

What's beyond dispute though is that off the field aspects played a role in his Derby and Leicester sackings- if this was on the field then it's mad.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wouldn't expect anything less from LMA!

Media reports seem to vary. Sky Sports said something IIRC about a frank exchange of views. 

What's beyond dispute though is that off the field aspects played a role in his Derby and Leicester sackings- if this was on the field then it's mad.

Yeah and I'm sure there's enough doubt there for Lansdown to keep well away.

On 22/07/2020 at 00:31, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not sure from that reply if your'e agreeing with me or disagreeing or neutral, or even if you understand the point I was making.

The story goes that Johnson couldn't control Tomlin so he just changed the rules to avoid that particular confrontation which he'd probably have lost.

Archived