IGNORED

The curse of the city left back

hertsexile

Question are city left backs cursed!

Fulham relegated last season having signed Joe Bryan (City left back)
Interesting That Bournemouth now find themselves on the brink of the drop having signed Lloyd Kelly in the summer once again a city left back  

So moral is all premier league clubs stay away from our left backs because if you buy at the right price relegation is sure to follow!!

And yet on the other flank we see Luke Ayling now being promoted...but Adam Matthews possibly out of contract at Charlton. Mark Little ended up signing for Bristol Rovers. Magnússon played at LB for us and yet CSKA Moscow are currently 4th in the Russian Prem. 

Very confusing and almost suggests that any notion of a curse is complete and utter nonsense.

Question: if you were looking for unsubstantiated cosmic assistance would you rather be Bristol City's right-back or left-back?

I know papers print any old nonsense but I googled Lloyd Kelly and was amazed to see him being still linked with Liverpool given how injury-ravaged his season has been:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bournemouth-defender-lloyd-kelly-could-22382543

Clearly that isn't going to happen but, if Bournemouth go down. I hope he gets a proper chance in the top flight in the future. 

25 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I know papers print any old nonsense but I googled Lloyd Kelly and was amazed to see him being still linked with Liverpool given how injury-ravaged his season has been:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bournemouth-defender-lloyd-kelly-could-22382543

Clearly that isn't going to happen but, if Bournemouth go down. I hope he gets a proper chance in the top flight in the future. 

And I hope we make a fortune on his sell-on too!

38 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not at all surprised by this, Kelly has shown even in a short time with Bournemouth he's got the potential for this level and Liverpool need a backup for Robertson (currently Neco Williams is covering both sides) and another LCB option. Kelly fits both and is young, Liverpool look for value out of their transfers compared to say Chelsea who love to splash cash ie Werner and Ziyech when they've shown their younger players can cut it at their level.

2 hours ago, RedHienz said:

If only we still had Micky Bell.

You're not Miicky Bell

You're not Micky Bell

You're not Micky, you're not Micky,

You're not Micky Bell!

What a great song that was!

Don't think the opposition player it was aimed at would agree though. ?

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

You're not Miicky Bell

You're not Micky Bell

You're not Micky, you're not Micky,

You're not Micky Bell!

What a great song that was!

Don't think the opposition player it was aimed at would agree though. ?

Just remembered, I sang that song to Rivaldo when he put a free kick well over, during an England v Brazil game.  It felt good!

Got some strange looks from those around me though.  

8 hours ago, hertsexile said:

Question are city left backs cursed!

Fulham relegated last season having signed Joe Bryan (City left back)
Interesting That Bournemouth now find themselves on the brink of the drop having signed Lloyd Kelly in the summer once again a city left back  

So moral is all premier league clubs stay away from our left backs because if you buy at the right price relegation is sure to follow!!

We’ve always seemed to be blessed with fine left backs - I don’t think we, or they, are cursed in that position - Darren Barnard, Russell Bromage, Martin Scott, John Bailey, Geoff Merrick (sometimes), Mickey Bell, Donnie Gillies, Matt Hill etc etc ....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We’ve always seemed to be blessed with fine left backs - I don’t think we, or they, are cursed in that position - Darren Barnard, Russell Bromage, Martin Scott, John Bailey, Geoff Merrick (sometimes), Mickey Bell, Donnie Gillies etc etc ....

Drysdale

Jim Brennan was a good quality left back, seemed to remember he came back from playing for Canada, was a bit jet lagged so did not make the starting 11, came on as sub and tore the right side of the opposition defence up, and then signed for Forest for about 1.5 million, and never heard of again! This would have been just after we got relegated in 1999/2000, Pulis was manager at the time.  Crazy money for a left back who was hardly established in our team.

My generation have been spoiled with amazing left backs for this club. 

Dasilva is the best of all of them. Still can't quite get my head around he's actually our player when you consider many Chelsea fans have had enough of Alonso. He fitted the bill perfectly in a lampard team. Young English academy player. Would have fitted right in. 

Archived