IGNORED

Reasons to love city

Matthew me

Despite my moan about the amount of activity regarding a new manager, I do think we get many things right as a club. Had a chat with a fella at work this morning about his club.... Liverpool. 

Aside from the difference in quality of football and titles etc, I wouldn't swap for the world.

We still have a friendly family feel . My son was mascot last year and the staff and players were amazing! Really made sure he had a great day.

Our fans have passion without being idiots, pro rata, we get very few problems...

In general, we have good ownership. We won't be going busy anytime soon

Our stadium is first class, with new training facilities to follow.

And despite the lack of "love" recently, I still feel my voice counts and I'm valued as a fan.

We do have many reasons to be positive. I say this despite the concerns I've voiced about our new manager.

Already looking forward to next year.... COYR!

And one final bonus.... The summer break will be shorter than ever! Our football fix will be back soon!

Let's finish off the season by getting rid of the PNE Jinx. Onwards and upwards fellow reds

2 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Despite my moan about the amount of activity regarding a new manager, I do think we get many things right as a club. Had a chat with a fella at work this morning about his club.... Liverpool. 

Aside from the difference in quality of football and titles etc, I wouldn't swap for the world.

We still have a friendly family feel . My son was mascot last year and the staff and players were amazing! Really made sure he had a great day.

Our fans have passion without being idiots, pro rata, we get very few problems...

In general, we have good ownership. We won't be going busy anytime soon

Our stadium is first class, with new training facilities to follow.

And despite the lack of "love" recently, I still feel my voice counts and I'm valued as a fan.

We do have many reasons to be positive. I say this despite the concerns I've voiced about our new manager.

Already looking forward to next year.... COYR!

And one final bonus.... The summer break will be shorter than ever! Our football fix will be back soon!

Let's finish off the season by getting rid of the PNE Jinx. Onwards and upwards fellow reds

Thank you Mr Ashton . 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve followed City since I was 12 years old and as the saying goes ‘you can change anything in life except your football club’.........

Like many of us I have other club that I like. Lincoln City, Exeter and Liverpool.

I've always had a soft spot for Brentford, great little club. I guess Griffin park was part of the attraction. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve followed City since I was 12 years old and as the saying goes ‘you can change anything in life except your football club’.........

Like many of us I have other club that I like. Lincoln City, Exeter and Liverpool.

If I follow another club then its Millwall. The reality is that BCFC rise above all by a long long way.

My "other" team is Sunderland as i was born there and all the family are crazy Mackems. However ive lived down here since i was 4 and never really grew up interested in Sunderland - probably helped with the fact that they were shit. IMHO i dont think you can support a team where you dont live - have a connection. I love City because of the connection i have with the club - the highs and lows but i always come back for more. I love the fact i turned my son into an absolute City fanatic - he is like DaveFevs without the spreadsheets ?

30 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

My "other" team is Sunderland as i was born there and all the family are crazy Mackems. However ive lived down here since i was 4 and never really grew up interested in Sunderland - probably helped with the fact that they were shit. IMHO i dont think you can support a team where you dont live - have a connection. I love City because of the connection i have with the club - the highs and lows but i always come back for more. I love the fact i turned my son into an absolute City fanatic - he is like DaveFevs without the spreadsheets ?

Hi dad ?

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I get the bit about not supporting a team where you have no connection if you’re talking about glory hunters.

But where I grew up in Gloucestershire there was a mix of City & Rovers, a Blackpool fan and a Posh fan and one lad was a Carlisle supporter.

The Posh fan is still a season ticket holder there, and the Carlisle fan goes to plenty of their games (mostly away ones to be fair)

There were also plenty of the usual plastics as well.

First watched City in 66 aged 5. Been a long bumpy journey but they are in my dna. Mum, grandad and 2 uncles all season ticketers for years. 

Hate to think how much money I've wasted travelling to watch utter rubbish but it will never change me. 

If I had to support another club it would be Spurs. First went to the lane in 1981 as I lived in Herts. Really liked the stadium, atmosphere and the way they played the game. Hoddle, Ardiles etc. They are my 2nd team 

When i first started following bristol city, was when i was 8 years old. In school all the kids did a bristol city vs bristol rovers kick about on the playground. A family friend a couple of years older pulled me onto the city side and i never looked back from then. He and his father took me to my very first city game sat in the dolman and i fell in love. Now here we are a championship team with our name being one of those that challange for the elusive playoff spot, something that was unheard of all those years ago. All i can say now and forever more will be.. COYR

first turned up at City aged 8 (I think), but my first game was at Molineux. Felt no great affection for Wolves though. I lived in Bath when I was a kid and followed City because my Dad was a City fan. I carried on watching City Home and Away through the 70's, 80's and 90's, but as life changed for me and I moved away, visits to The Gate became more infrequent. I occasionally take a trip to St Mary's (4 times in the last 2 seasons) because (geographically at least) it's nearer than Ashton Gate, but no one could accuse anyone who goes to the Saints of being a glory hunter. I've also visited Raith Rovers and Dunfermline in the last 18 months. For no good reason I want to see ICT and hope to do so before I'm much older. Other team? Any British team playing in Europe.

Archived