IGNORED

Steve writes...

CodeRed

Dear Dierdre,

I hope you can help me, because I just don’t know what to do, I’ve just broken up with someone I thought I’d be with for a very long time. We were together for over 4 years and reluctantly I had to end it, I realised it just wasn’t going anywhere and despite promises to take our partnership to the next level it never happened. I was very upset naturally but things have moved on.

There’s 2 people I really like, 1 is much younger and has had a very successful career and lives up in Scotland, I’ve asked to meet, for a coffee or for lunch to see how we get on but he’s just not interested. I really like him though and I’m hoping he’ll respond to my advances but so far nothing. I do fancy him quite a lot so don’t want to give up on him.  The other guy is older, more experienced and has been in a couple of productive relationships and is now looking for a new partner, he’s keen, and we’ve chatted and he’s keen to hook up but I do really like the other guy.  I’ve also been contacted by a guy who’s just come out of a short relationship, there’s some attraction but he is a bit weird and has insisted his brother joins in as a threesome, at my age that’s a bit of a turn off.  Please help me decide.  Steve, Guernsey.

32 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Dear Dierdre,

I hope you can help me, because I just don’t know what to do, I’ve just broken up with someone I thought I’d be with for a very long time. We were together for over 4 years and reluctantly I had to end it, I realised it just wasn’t going anywhere and despite promises to take our partnership to the next level it never happened. I was very upset naturally but things have moved on.

There’s 2 people I really like, 1 is much younger and has had a very successful career and lives up in Scotland, I’ve asked to meet, for a coffee or for lunch to see how we get on but he’s just not interested. I really like him though and I’m hoping he’ll respond to my advances but so far nothing. I do fancy him quite a lot so don’t want to give up on him.  The other guy is older, more experienced and has been in a couple of productive relationships and is now looking for a new partner, he’s keen, and we’ve chatted and he’s keen to hook up but I do really like the other guy.  I’ve also been contacted by a guy who’s just come out of a short relationship, there’s some attraction but he is a bit weird and has insisted his brother joins in as a threesome, at my age that’s a bit of a turn off.  Please help me decide.  Steve, Guernsey.

My advice is have a look at their respective parents - they always end up turning out like them.

24 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Dear Dierdre,

Dear Steve,

I understand your dilemma and really feel for you. It must be a difficult time for you.

My suggestion would be to possibly revisit and review why your up to recently previous happy relationship ended. 

Perhaps you could give that relationship another go? Going back is sometimes a good thing.

You were very happy together once, and might be again?

I understand you also got on very well with his Father? Maybe bring him in to advise?

Good luck Steve, give your old relationship another chance.

Love  Dierdre ? 

5 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

dear Steve,

Get a grip, you are a very wealthy man, have built a magnificent home in which to pamper your next 'amour' and have more recognition and praise from anyone who knows you than most could ever dream of.

Just find the best you can possibly find, because you are worth it.

Dear Steve

I love you with all my heart and always will. I also played subutteo when I was a kid so understand all about football and its tick tacks !!

Xx

Dear Steven. Having digested your letter and considered the various options for you, I have come to the conclusion that, you can only really trust yourself. That said, you should continue masturbation at every opportunity.

2 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Dear Steve,

I understand your dilemma and really feel for you. It must be a difficult time for you.

My suggestion would be to possibly revisit and review why your up to recently previous happy relationship ended. 

Perhaps you could give that relationship another go? Going back is sometimes a good thing.

You were very happy together once, and might be again?

I understand you also got on very well with his Father? Maybe bring him in to advise?

Good luck Steve, give your old relationship another chance.

Love  Dierdre ? 

Piss off Deidre.

Steve.

Dear Steve

You seem to forget that you have other relationships. One of these has been very successful and I believe you can learn something from the investment you have made in that relationship, both in terms of time and money. 
Ask yourself if that shiny new relationship has taken the gloss off your first love and try and re-kindle the flame. 
Look at how similar lovers have prospered on both sides of the Pennines and look at the success people in Leeds and Burnley have found though using dating apps. 
First and foremost don’t listen to the fickle words of those who would rush you into a decision. Take your time, don’t rush and remember the many mistakes you have made in the past. Avoid making them again and if you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seasons of premiership run, yours is the earth and everything in it!!!

Dierdre

6 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Dear Dierdre,

Dear Steve

Don't let that previous relationship define you. Clearly your head ruled your heart; what is best for you?

Have a plan. Don't let it include 5 pillars or DNA or candidates that bluff you with cuddly players and bullshit.

Choose the partner who will take you where you want to go. That won't be the bullshitter that tells you what you want to hear.

Choose a real leader, someone who will challenge you and possess the skills you don't have; a leader and manager of men who will take you all those places you'd like to go.

Good luck.

It sounds like the younger guy may already be in a committed relationship, and is not sure if he is ready to abandon this yet. Again even if he did, how could you be sure he wouldn't attract interest from others? My friend met a guy like this, in less than a year he left her for a girl I forget the name, Chelsea perhaps.

It sounds like the older guy is a much better long term prospect, and although older is still a few years younger than you Steve.

And don't waste your time with those chuckle brothers.

Dear Steve

Reading between the lines, I think you've decided for yourself who you want to be with. From your letter, it seems you've looked around. But wasn't this just going through the motions? Could there be someone a little closer to home? Someone who perhaps has been in the background during your relationship with your former partner? Someone who wants the opportunity to show you how much he cares? Someone who can demonstrate how good he'll be for you? HOLD-ON to that thought for a moment. Forget the others, Steve. This man already knows how you tick. Whomever you choose, I'm sure it'll be the right one. After all, your previous relationship lasted. Didn't it?

Every success for your future happiness. It'll be champion, if I'm not being prem-ature!

Dierdre

Archived