IGNORED

Pochettino - why not?

headhunter

If SL is, as some would have us believe, pulling out all the stops to prise Gerrard away from Rangers then why not really go for it and make an approach to Pochettino?

For a start there is no compo to pay to buy him out of a contract. Yes, he will demand a big salary but he might buy into a project which is what we are and therefore a package of £1.5M base [that's probably Williams and Afobe's wages combined] and a £3.5M bonus if he gets promotion in first season or £2.5M in the second might prove attractive.

I read this about his coaching style on Wikipedia - seems to tick a lot of boxes:

Pochettino favours a very high-pressing, attacking style of football. He often employs a 4–2–3–1 formation at the clubs he manages. While doing so, he instructs his team to build from the back, intimidate and unsettle opponents with a quick-press system and work the ball into the box.

Pochettino is hailed by many pundits for his focus on developing local players from the clubs' youth academies, get local government and references' support, and a willingness to promote young players in general.It was also noted that many young players under his tutelage went on to play for the England national team, while the manager himself felt that it was his duty to develop English talent, saying "I feel when I arrived in Spain and now in England in which way can we say 'thank you' to the country that opened the door when I didn't speak English. And how people treated me and my family and my staff which was really well. It's a way to say thank you to the Premier League and the people who trust in you".

Players coached by Pochettino also praised his man-management approach and guidance with his willingness to advise, encouraging the players to take charge of their own development as well as helping them to improve physically, technically and mentally

11 minutes ago, headhunter said:

If SL is, as some would have us believe, pulling out all the stops to prise Gerrard away from Rangers then why not really go for it and make an approach to Pochettino?

For a start there is no compo to pay to buy him out of a contract. Yes, he will demand a big salary but he might buy into a project which is what we are and therefore a package of £1.5M base [that's probably Williams and Afobe's wages combined] and a £3.5M bonus if he gets promotion in first season or £2.5M in the second might prove attractive.

I read this about his coaching style on Wikipedia - seems to tick a lot of boxes:

Pochettino favours a very high-pressing, attacking style of football. He often employs a 4–2–3–1 formation at the clubs he manages. While doing so, he instructs his team to build from the back, intimidate and unsettle opponents with a quick-press system and work the ball into the box.

Pochettino is hailed by many pundits for his focus on developing local players from the clubs' youth academies, get local government and references' support, and a willingness to promote young players in general.It was also noted that many young players under his tutelage went on to play for the England national team, while the manager himself felt that it was his duty to develop English talent, saying "I feel when I arrived in Spain and now in England in which way can we say 'thank you' to the country that opened the door when I didn't speak English. And how people treated me and my family and my staff which was really well. It's a way to say thank you to the Premier League and the people who trust in you".

Players coached by Pochettino also praised his man-management approach and guidance with his willingness to advise, encouraging the players to take charge of their own development as well as helping them to improve physically, technically and mentally

Have you arrived from a different reality?

Pochettino, the ex spurs manager?

He's got everything to offer us but I don't think a cold Tuesday night at Wycombe is going to compete with CL finals.

Seriously think about what your suggesting ffs.

18 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Why aim so low? 

I’d be disappointed if we couldn’t tempt Pep from Man City or Klopp from Liverpool. 

25 minutes ago, headhunter said:

A bottom half manager in the Premier League normally require a basic of over £3 million before any bonuses. There is no way he would join us for that amount of money.

Then there's the possibility of him coming here. We've got more chance of getting Maurice Gibb and he's been dead for 17 years. It's tragedy.

25 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Are you ok? Think you may need a lie down.

This must be sarcasm, right? This is sarcastic? Right? 

27 minutes ago, Selred said:

Is this a joke? He won't want to come here. He's turned down Monaco, is talking to Juve, why would he come to Bristol City?!

Perhaps he turned down Monaco because he was waiting for the call from BS3! :) 

39 minutes ago, Selred said:

Is this a joke? He won't want to come here. He's turned down Monaco, is talking to Juve, why would he come to Bristol City?!

Because he seen a nice house to buy on Yatton High St

If we forget the name for the mo’, and look at the characteristics of a young manager who played at the top level under great coaches, established a system, drilled that system throughout the whole club, etc etc.  That has a lot of appeal.

I don’t for one minute think Poccetino would come here, but it’s that kind of background that has a lot of appeal even if Champ experience is not on their CV.

Someone mentioned Sebastian Hoeneß to me this morning.  He appeared in the betting last night.

First thing that flashed through my mind was any relation to Uli Hoeneß the old German international.  Yes, nephew, but son of Dieter the Bayern MD.

Bit more digging, Bayern u23 head coach, linked with Hoffenheim yesterday.  Maybe he’s a left field German type we might have thoughts about?

5 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Mooring charges in our harbour are significantly cheaper if that's one of his key considerations. 

Perhaps a dream team -

Hughton: DOF

Pochettino: manager

Gerrard : head coach

:) 

Archived