IGNORED

Amber Heard / Johnny Depp

BigTone

• Admin

The oddest thing about this case is that she was only there originally to watch from the witness stand, as the case if actually him against The Sun newspaper.

Her spokesperson stated she was only in court to ensure that her name wasn't dragged through the mud in response to the actual case

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The oddest thing about this case is that she was only there originally to watch from the witness stand, as the case if actually him against The Sun newspaper.

Her spokesperson stated she was only in court to ensure that her name wasn't dragged through the mud in response to the actual case

I think the world has better things to concentrate on rather than these 2 morons.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BigTone said:

Don't you just wish the they could be transferred to a remote island that can then be used as a nuclear testing site.

You didn't tell us you had a career in the judiciary, Tone. Civic or county courts?

• Like 1

• Admin
17 hours ago, BigTone said:

I think the world has better things to concentrate on rather than these 2 morons.

The one consolation over the past 18 months all we have heard is about Brexit or Covid, at least it is something different to read about

13 hours ago, TomF said:

BUT I hope Depp wins and screws over that awful shitrag of a paper 

I think the case is specifically against Dominic Mohan, I'd bet they drop him like a stone if he loses, but watch their front page if he wins

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Prince harry and meghan, are having a party, and inviting many a list stars tonight i see.

There is speculation about them releasing, a statement in the press that they intend to tell people at the party about the pitter patter of tiny feet arriving.

Turns out tom cruise cant make it

It’s OK Danny Devito is free.

• Admin
2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

As Oscar Wilde discovered over 100 years ago, suing for slander or libel rarely pays off.

He was obviously very confident he would win this case, but now any publication around the world can call him a wife beater

If he had ridden the storm it would have been long forgotten now

• Like 2

There have been a lot of people, including lawyers following the trial. It became apparent that AH may have been the aggressor. The ruling on Monday has done nothing to support men as victims in cases of alleged domestic abuse if that is the case in this instance. It seems that the judge chose to ignore mountains of evidence from Police Officers, medical professionals, employees, previous partners, people who worked in the apartment building that they lived in, but apparently only believed AH and her friends. There are also audio recordings where she admits to hitting him, starting arguments and verbally abusing him. He has appealed this judgement and it will be interesting to see what transpires.

19 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There have been a lot of people, including lawyers following the trial. It became apparent that AH may have been the aggressor. The ruling on Monday has done nothing to support men as victims in cases of alleged domestic abuse if that is the case in this instance. It seems that the judge chose to ignore mountains of evidence from Police Officers, medical professionals, employees, previous partners, people who worked in the apartment building that they lived in, but apparently only believed AH and her friends. There are also audio recordings where she admits to hitting him, starting arguments and verbally abusing him. He has appealed this judgement and it will be interesting to see what transpires.

Courts don't care about what people outside think.
In this case, JD lost (subject to appeal) and that is it.
I'd say that in the long run his reputation will recover, but, if he insists on going for an appeal, it might go against him again and this has risks.

To para phrase, 'better to remain silent and be thought a wife batterer than to speak and to remove all doubt'

AH has to contend with the court of public opinion.
Her reputational recovery is less certain.

This type of stuff is why I dislike celeb culture.

24 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Courts don't care about what people outside think.
In this case, JD lost (subject to appeal) and that is it.
I'd say that in the long run his reputation will recover, but, if he insists on going for an appeal, it might go against him again and this has risks.

To para phrase, 'better to remain silent and be thought a wife batterer than to speak and to remove all doubt'

AH has to contend with the court of public opinion.
Her reputational recovery is less certain.

This type of stuff is why I dislike celeb culture.

That to me is where it is wrong… Many people's reputations forever tarnished (male and female abusers exist). I guess he feels that he needs to clear his name, if the judge had accepted all the evidence fairly by both sides I'm sure it would have have a fairer outcome, and people would not be questioning it.

He has already been fired from Pirates, and now Fantastic Beasts (asked to resign). 

• Admin
On 07/11/2020 at 12:11, Lrrr said:

Also to note Amber Heard is still involved with the Snydercut Justice League coming out despite the claims against her in the US court cases as well.

But this case wasn't about her, she was just one of many witnesses that was called up.

This was solely Depp vs The Sun newspaper 

• Admin
44 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I'd say that in the long run his reputation will recover

Different circumstances but look how long nobody touched Mel Gibson

Depp was advised not to take the case forward as it had the potential to finish his career 

10 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That to me is where it is wrong… Many people's reputations forever tarnished (male and female abusers exist). I guess he feels that he needs to clear his name, if the judge had accepted all the evidence fairly by both sides I'm sure it would have have a fairer outcome, and people would not be questioning it.

He has already been fired from Pirates, and now Fantastic Beasts (asked to resign). 

We work an adversarial court system and sometimes this isn't about right and wrong but about the cleverness/deviousness of the legal reps.

You only have to look at the new stadium - it appears that there was some major coaching going on in that case.

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Different circumstances but look how long nobody touched Mel Gibson

Depp was advised not to take the case forward as it had the potential to finish his career 

Mel Gibson, he tends to speak his mind and drops himself in the shit.

I can't say the same about JD.

8 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

We work an adversarial court system and sometimes this isn't about right and wrong but about the cleverness/deviousness of the legal reps.

You only have to look at the new stadium - it appears that there was some major coaching going on in that case.

Oh yes, serious shenanigans going on, powerful people at play, dodgy connections etc., in both situations 

it’s a shame

Here's a suggestion to solve this case.

Take a shit sandwich, put it on a table, both JD and AH put their faces at the level of the table and someone smacks the sandwich. Who ever comes away with the least freckles, wins.

It will save them a lot of money and will probably be less messy.

On 09/11/2020 at 14:03, bcfcfinker said:

Here's a suggestion to solve this case.

Take a shit sandwich, put it on a table, both JD and AH put their faces at the level of the table and someone smacks the sandwich. Who ever comes away with the least freckles, wins.

It will save them a lot of money and will probably be less messy.

That's a tad mean on the shit sandwich don't you think?

• Haha 1