IGNORED

Amber Heard / Johnny Depp

BigTone

• Admin

Heard said it cost her $6m to bring the case, now $15m in damages on top

Will be interesting to see if anyone touches her for any acting roles now, especially after millions have signed an online petition to get her blocked on her upcoming role 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Not quite true he won the case of libel, he was suing her for $50m and she was countering it for $100m. He was found to have defamed her through his attorney.

Neither really come out of it great that’s for sure 

I don’t think the money was important, he just wanted to clear his name.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t think the money was important, he just wanted to clear his name.

There are limits to the amount that can be awarded in that State anyway, so they are very much nominal amounts.

I watched the last few days of this on when I came across it by accident on Court TV. I found the process of deciding the summing up the most fascinating, I never realised what a team effort it was between the judge and the lawyers.

I think the Depp team were very good at showing how good Heard was at "inferring" abuse, the key piece for me was when they got Kate Moss to testify that she had fallen down some stairs and Depp had cared for her. Heard had suggested that Depp had pushed her down the stairs and that he had previous in doing the same to Moss.

As for the only positive result for Heard, the jury had no problem with the idea that she had made up one of the assaults, they just thought that his lawyer at the time had overstepped by suggesting that she and friends had staged damage to the house etc. Whether the lawyer was repeating Depp's claims or this was his own opinion seems moot.

Finally. I saw the usual suspects on the tv this morning saying that it was a bad day for victims of abuse, and I think they are right for the wrong reasons.

They should be fuming at Heard, because her case was so clearly fabricated that it will make people question other cases. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There are limits to the amount that can be awarded in that State anyway, so they are very much nominal amounts.

I watched the last few days of this on when I came across it by accident on Court TV. I found the process of deciding the summing up the most fascinating, I never realised what a team effort it was between the judge and the lawyers.

I think the Depp team were very good at showing how good Heard was at "inferring" abuse, the key piece for me was when they got Kate Moss to testify that she had fallen down some stairs and Depp had cared for her. Heard had suggested that Depp had pushed her down the stairs and that he had previous in doing the same to Moss.

As for the only positive result for Heard, the jury had no problem with the idea that she had made up one of the assaults, they just thought that his lawyer at the time had overstepped by suggesting that she and friends had staged damage to the house etc. Whether the lawyer was repeating Depp's claims or this was his own opinion seems moot.

Finally. I saw the usual suspects on the tv this morning saying that it was a bad day for victims of abuse, and I think they are right for the wrong reasons.

They should be fuming at Heard, because her case was so clearly fabricated that it will make people question other cases. 

I watched the whole trial on YouTube. Fascinating to watch in legal terms and to see how all the evidence was considered by each legal expert. And to see how AH and JD’s testimony was received by the jury.
I hope this trial enables all true victims of DV, whether male or female, to get justice. This is what this trial was about. Freedom of speech doesn’t include lying.

I’ve been following the case for over four years, since the tmz video was released. Somehow, around the same time, I became aware of TUG and Incredibly Average on YouTube, who have been covering this case in great detail, and had listened to all the audio before this trial began.

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

think the Depp team were very good at showing how good Heard was at "inferring" abuse, the key piece for me was when they got Kate Moss to testify that she had fallen down some stairs and Depp had cared for her. Heard had suggested that Depp had pushed her down the stairs and that he had previous in doing the same to Moss.

Wasn't it also the case they could only call Moss because Heard mentioned her by name, with some previous agreement ex's couldn't be talked about or something? So another f up by Heard.

• Like 3

Watch most of this shit show,

It boiled down to Johnny had proof amber didn't

Imo she took advantage of the #metoo movement to destroy her ex husband, she's set real sufferers of DV back with her lies,

That's what really made me mad about all this

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Watch most of this shit show,

It boiled down to Johnny had proof amber didn't

Imo she took advantage of the #metoo movement to destroy her ex husband, she's set real sufferers of DV back with her lies,

That's what really made me mad about all this

not necessarily, it might hopefully stop people making false claims. And also encourage men who have been abused to come forward. 

AH didn’t have medical evidence of any injuries at all. You only have to compare her alleged broken nose with Rhianna’s!

no glass injuries at all when she allegedly had been walking across broken glass. No bruises or lacerations on her face from when he allegedly hit multiple times whilst wearing massive chunky rings. 

the whole case made me so angry. I really do hope some good comes out of it, not just for JD. 

• Like 4