IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 46

Septic Peg

Evening everyone.

Tonight brings an end to a much prolonged season for us with more ups and downs than a rollercoaster at Thorpe Park.

From the arrival of golden boy Massengo to LJ getting the boot plus everything on and off the pitch in between. To generalise, an eloquent "meh" is how I would say we've concluded.

The question now turns to when will they announce the new boss and how will they shape the club for next season?

Personally, I think the deal has been done and the announcement made after the official end of our season. I reckon we will learn the new name within 7 days.

I can see Fammy and Massengo both being sold and Afobe moving on a permanent. Korey is OOC and I reckon they've offered a player/coach deal that Korey is thinking about. Eliasson will be subject to bids but will stay.

These are just my opinions. I'm not in the know. Unan.

On to tonight.

The classic end of season throwaway game that means absolutely sweet FA to either side. Preston will just miss out on the Play Offs with a possible max point of 68, not enough to overtake Cardiff's 70. 

Expect some of the kids to get a run out and/or veterans to oblige contract agreements. Tonight could be the last night for a few on the pitch in City kits, including Afobe, Williams and Benkovic.

0-0 draw. 

See you all next season.

Up the City. COYRS!

Thankyou for your time and your efforts over the season posting the Match Day threads Peg, much appreciated. Let's hope we finish this drab season on a high and appoint a decent manager/coach soon. Hope everyone on the forum has a great Summer and enjoy the Transfer threads! Going for a 3-1 City win today COYR!

I'm guessing Benko hasn't recovered enough for 90 but has enough to be named as a sub and therefore must be given the current EFL rules on returning loans.

On Korey unless Dean comes out and says he's injured that he's either shattered from 8 games and/or a decision has been made on his contract

5 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Thankyou for your time and your efforts over the season posting the Match Day threads Peg, much appreciated. Let's hope we finish this drab season on a high and appoint a decent manager/coach soon. Hope everyone on the forum has a great Summer and enjoy the Transfer threads! Going for a 3-1 City win today COYR!

Here, here . 

4 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Absolute state of that lineup. Could’ve experimented about a bit and put HNM, Palmer and Eliasson all in but instead we’ve got Williams at the back with Smith not even on the bench. Gods sake. 

I think that Smith is being released and so isn’t playing so that he doesn’t pick up an injury that would put prospective clubs off of him, may be wrong though

12 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Afobe not playing. I'd be surprised if he stays. Williams playing - why?? 

Surprised ?  He's off back to Stoke tomorrow....the only way we would/could have paid £35K a week, is if we had gone up to the promised land

I'd be interested to see something like:

Frankly it's a dead rubber so why not!

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Benkovic

Pereira Nagy Massengo DaSilva

Paterson

Weimann Wells

Or alternatively, the above with:

Weimann              Paterson

Wells                

In-game hybrids of 3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1, 3-4-3 all possible there!

You can always slot in Baker for one of Vyner or Benkovic, you can always slot in Smith for one of the CMs.

If we recall, it was Weimann-Wells x 2 at Middlesbrough- that assist-goal combination.

Weimann's energy, Paterson's skill a nice combination.

That extra man in CM- ie two of Nagy, Massengo and Smith.

Vyner is both an RB and CB- could perhaps carry the ball a bit- and as I say some experimentation is possible.

Diedhiou first reserve or off the bench.

Of course, Weimann having played wide right and Paterson wide left can help out defensively in certain phases so the wing backs aren't isolated 2 v 1..

EDIT- Baker's injured isn't he?

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I think that Smith is being released and so isn’t playing so that he doesn’t pick up an injury that would put prospective clubs off of him, may be wrong though

I imagine he is yeah, thought he’d get this farewell game tbh. Even if he only came off the bench. Just seems off to leave him out entirely. 

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

How many of these players will we not see again in a city shirt . Williams , Benkovic , smith , Famara ,Eliasson , Watkins , Afobe , Pereira . New boss could have a huge job on his hands 

Yeah it adds to the pointlessness of this game!

No crowd, nothing to play for, half the line up are virtually ex-City players...

Will I be watching and stressing as usual... of course.

Archived