IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 46

Septic Peg

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

League table and this game says otherwise. 

The point I’m making is that they are better organised. They really don’t have an appreciably better line up man for man. 
What the league table says to me is that our owner has wasted yet another year.

3 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Well that's just bollocks isn't it? We were nailed on for relegation when he came, we are a solid top half side now. I wanted him gona some time ago but you are just chatting shit. 

We were not nailed on for relegation at all.

Unfortunately we had a chairman who would not back the manager who gave us our best season in decades. He then brings his mate in and opens up the bank vaults for him, What a total waste of time these last four years have been.

As for us being a “solid top half side now”, we are scraping to even get in the top half, and that’s only because we have finally won a couple games since the last manager was sacked! 

Just now, Red Exile said:

The point I’m making is that they are better organised. They really don’t have an appreciably better line up man for man. 
What the league table says to me is that our owner has wasted yet another year.

Sorry - just saw the replies above!

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm sorry but I can't agree with that. It may have gone sour for LJ this season, and it was right that he was sacked, but we were heading for relegation with Cotts before LJ came in and kept us up, and we improved our league position for the next 3 seasons. The football may not always have been pretty but you must have a selective memory if you can't remember any good performances. Other than the fact I want us to win every match this game really doesn't mean anything. We now need to get the right man in to take us to the next level. 

Exactly. In contrary to what the poster you replied to said, I honestly don't think there has been a new manager in my lifetime (i.e. since 1982) who will inherit such a strong platform to work with.

There are things that need to change but decent players are there, there's talent coming through and we're in a position where - as much as anyone can given the impact of COVID - there is space in the squad to buy and sell players. The new manager starts in an enviable position compared to what Gary Johnson, Lee Johnson, Steve Cotterill, Sean O'Driscoll, Derek McInnes or any other recent City manager you care to name inherited and, for all he got wrong, credit has to go to Lee Johnson for that. 

14 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

I would've rather watched my parents have sex for 45 minutes than that shower.

Surely, the 2nd 45 can only get better.... The football obviously, as my parents are in their 70's and I can't imagine they've got 90mins in them at that age

Hahahaha !

Post of the day.

******* brilliant.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Exactly. In contrary to what the poster you replied to said, I honestly don't think there has been a new manager in my lifetime (i.e. since 1982) who will inherit such a strong platform to work with.

There are things that need to change but decent players are there, there's talent coming through and we're in a position where - as much as anyone can given the impact of COVID - there is space in the squad to buy and sell players. The new manager starts in an enviable position compared to what Gary Johnson, Lee Johnson, Steve Cotterill, Sean O'Driscoll, Derek McInnes or any other recent City manager you care to name inherited and, for all he got wrong, credit has to go to Lee Johnson for that. 

Exactly this, it says a lot about where we’ve got to when we’re replacing managers because they haven’t got us to the Premier League, rather than because they’re about to get us relegated!

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

We were not nailed on for relegation at all.

Unfortunately we had a chairman who would not back the manager who gave us our best season in decades. He then brings his mate in and opens up the bank vaults for him, What a total waste of time these last four years have been.

As for us being a “solid top half side now”, we are scraping to even get in the top half, and that’s only because we have finally won a couple games since the last manager was sacked! 

Of course we were we were absolute shite, we had a manger who was throwing his toys out of the pram because he wanted unrealistic targets who he didn't get, he wanted to spend money that we have only been able to spend since bringing in 50 odd million quid in transfer fees. 

Cotts has proven throughout his time as a manager that he is a good league 1 manager but is not capable of managing at this level. 

Archived