IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 46

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

We did last season and the season before as I’m sure you remember. Weird how that ‘sugar daddy’ sacked him, but I suppose that doesn’t fit in with your agenda does it?

Considering we are currently 6 points off of 15th I’d say that’s unlikely but listening to you over the last 4 years you wouldn’t have thought we’d have ever won a game...

6 points off 15th which we wouldn’t have got the way we were playing under Johnson. (Holden has 8 of those points) 

Yes, his sugar daddy sacked him, but only on the third occasion he should’ve actually been sacked. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Absolutely I do. We weren’t winning anything the way we were playing. I’m not sure we’d have got another point this season. I’m afraid Johnson’s stay is massively tainted by the fact that no other manager has ever been afforded the spending power he was. And despite his spending he assembled a team with a leaky defence who could barely muster a shot on target. 

And he’s had that spending power because of the money that he’s brought in from sales, but obviously that’s overlooked. Yes he didn’t get everything right transfer wise, and like every manager has had a fair few duds, but it’s not like he’s been given loads of the owners money to spend

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

image.gif.eb5dce4df8988533b9340f15bdec708e.gif@Fordy62 Our goal has just been reported on the BBC feed. An impressive 28 minutes after it was scored.

They did choose a lovely photograph to accompany it though. Maybe they had trouble choosing it.

image.gif.eb5dce4df8988533b9340f15bdec708e.gif

5 Live stared earlier..... “there’s only one match we’re not covering”..... says it all about us really! 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

6 points off 15th which we wouldn’t have got the way we were playing under Johnson. (Holden has 8 of those points) 

Yes, his sugar daddy sacked him, but only on the third occasion he should’ve actually been sacked. 

And what happened after the other 2 occasions? Form picked up and we moved up the table. 

As someone who made it very clear of Johnson’s streakiness when we were in good form, surely you can acknowledge it when we are in bad form as well? It’s highly possible we may have picked up under Johnson and picked up those 7 (not eight) points 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Absolutely I do. We weren’t winning anything the way we were playing. I’m not sure we’d have got another point this season. I’m afraid Johnson’s stay is massively tainted by the fact that no other manager has ever been afforded the spending power he was. And despite his spending he assembled a team with a leaky defence who could barely muster a shot on target. 

You're missing the point: my post was a response to someone arguing that we are not an established top half Championship side; arguing that we are only in the top half now because we beat Hull and Boro, and completely ignoring that fact that we've been in the top half all season.

I don't disagree that LJ's time had come, and that the performances this season were poor in the extreme (at home, away - we saw some good away performances), but that doesn't disguise the fact that we'd become an established Championship side, and that's progress.

Similarly, yes he's had money to spend like no other - but in part at least he's only had that as a return for selling players like no other - selling players at the top of their game, top value etc. We've never done that so well before. But it has to come at a cost.

Like I say, just not as black and white as some would have.

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Add a powderpuff midfield to that list

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

And he’s had that spending power because of the money that he’s brought in from sales, but obviously that’s overlooked. Yes he didn’t get everything right transfer wise, and like every manager has had a fair few duds, but it’s not like he’s been given loads of the owners money to spend

I can’t be arsed. It’s fair to say we disagree. You like him, I don’t see the appeal. For everything you say, I’ll counter with something you don’t agree with, and vice versa. 

Lets call it a day. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I can’t be arsed. It’s fair to say we disagree. You like him, I don’t see the appeal. For everything you say, I’ll counter with something you don’t agree with, and vice versa. 

Lets call it a day. 

For the record I don’t particularly like him, and I think his time had come. I just think it’s often overlooked that for all the bad we saw there was also some good and some excellent 

Archived