IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 46

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Watched Nagy boss it against Brum, there’s a player there but he does run around too much for me now. Needs to be a sweeper in front of the back three or four, before handing it off to the creative 

I agree he has the potential to be a really good player at this level and think he could be a really important player for us next year but he really isn't suited to being the lone holding midfielder like he's being asked to today. Would love to see a midfield three of Smith, Nagy and Walsh next year, I think they'd complement each other nicely (with Morrell an option in there as well of course!) 

1 minute ago, WirralRobin said:

I agree he has the potential to be a really good player at this level and think he could be a really important player for us next year but he really isn't suited to being the lone holding midfielder like he's being asked to today. Would love to see a midfield three of Smith, Nagy and Walsh next year, I think they'd complement each other nicely (with Morrell an option in there as well of course!) 

I'd agree with this. Nagy has struggled since his injury but I don't think we've used him well at all.

I don't think Smith is staying but I think Nagy, Walsh, Morell, Massengo and a new signing give us real options next year. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

This is all about coaching and organisation. There is no way Preston have eleven more talented individuals  but they have a much better structure and plan. What an utter waste this season has been!

League table and this game says otherwise. 

For all the hot air around our club, that's 4 out of 5 seasons since we both got promoted that Preston have finished above us. A club that can barely muster 10k on occasions and no redeeming unique recruitment strategy that we can use as an excuse like Brentford. 

The new guy better be up for the challenge.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

League table and this game says otherwise. 

Not necessarily. League table and this game say Preston have a better structure and plan, exactly as @Red Exilesaid.

If it was simply about having the eleven most talented individuals then no team would even need a manager. But it isn't. And structured, organised teams often do better than capable but disjointed individuals. 

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

This is all about coaching and organisation. There is no way Preston have eleven more talented individuals  but they have a much better structure and plan. What an utter waste this season has been!

What an utter waste 4 years of Johnson has been. The team is no better than when he came. And all those signings as well. 

I would've rather watched my parents have sex for 45 minutes than that shower.

Surely, the 2nd 45 can only get better.... The football obviously, as my parents are in their 70's and I can't imagine they've got 90mins in them at that age

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'd agree they don't have 11 more talented individuals but they have 1 or 2 and are a real team with the effort they put in. Gallagher and Johnson have always been class at this level. 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

What an utter waste 4 years of Johnson has been. The team is no better than when he came. And all those signings as well. 

Funny thing is if we sacked him 2 years ago we could of got Gerrard.

Archived