IGNORED

Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day 46

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Can't make my mind up with Wells.

I.e. his ability, consistency, and if he suits the team.

He's better up top on his own and shooting at goal.

He doesn't really excel at link up play, holding the ball up or doing the dirty stuff. 

So whether he's worth a spot in the XI is down to what you want your strikers to do. Currently, this season, we seem to favour involving them in all levels of play rather than banking on them banging in 25 goals a season.

10 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

As for us being a “solid top half side now”, we are scraping to even get in the top half, and that’s only because we have finally won a couple games since the last manager was sacked! 

Nothing to do with the fact that we've not been out of the top half all season then?

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm sorry but I can't agree with that. It may have gone sour for LJ this season, and it was right that he was sacked, but we were heading for relegation with Cotts before LJ came in and kept us up, and we improved our league position for the next 3 seasons. The football may not always have been pretty but you must have a selective memory if you can't remember any good performances. Other than the fact I want us to win every match this game really doesn't mean anything. We now need to get the right man in to take us to the next level. 

What a load of bollocks. We were two points from safety with 20 games to play. I love how everyone makes out we were 20 points adrift at the bottom of the league. Things changed when Johnson came in because he was allowed to sign players. The very same players Cotts has been after and wasn’t allowed. 

Just now, JBFC II said:

To a third top half finish in a row, yes 4-5 places below where we want to be but still a solid 10+ places above where we were when Johnson took over

????

Do you think we would have finished top half under Johnson?

I reckon we’d have finished 14th or 15th. It’s all a little easier when the owner is your sugar daddy. 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Hahahahaha. And what direction were we heading?

So, you also think that the only reason we're going to finish top half is because we won a couple of games since LJ's departure?

Come on...I know that the world is so black and white for some people that LJ will never be credited with anything at all - but that's just nonsense.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've wanted Nagy to be given more of a chance in recent weeks but he's not exactly making the case for himself tonight. 

The way he let one of their players stroll inside to take a shot was inexcusable.

Looked like he just gave up.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

In fairness he is good at passing sideways and backwards. 

I still think he is a really good player. I just don't think we've got the best out of him and it remains to be seen whether the next manager will do so as well. I really hope he blows us away next season but we shall see. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

????

Do you think we would have finished top half under Johnson?

I reckon we’d have finished 14th or 15th. It’s all a little easier when the owner is your sugar daddy. 

We did last season and the season before as I’m sure you remember. Weird how that ‘sugar daddy’ sacked him, but I suppose that doesn’t fit in with your agenda does it?

Considering we are currently 6 points off of 15th I’d say that’s unlikely but listening to you over the last 4 years you wouldn’t have thought we’d have ever won a game...

Just now, italian dave said:

So, you also think that the only reason we're going to finish top half is because we won a couple of games since LJ's departure?

Come on...I know that the world is so black and white for some people that LJ will never be credited with anything at all - but that's just nonsense.

Absolutely I do. We weren’t winning anything the way we were playing. I’m not sure we’d have got another point this season. I’m afraid Johnson’s stay is massively tainted by the fact that no other manager has ever been afforded the spending power he was. And despite his spending he assembled a team with a leaky defence who could barely muster a shot on target. 

Archived