IGNORED

It could be worse ...

Bristolisredd

2 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

no I mean there was a 6 goal swing at half time and they lost 1-4 and Swansea won 4-1.

forest conceded a 96th min OG to get dumped out of the top 6

I think it was Swansea scoring the fourth that meant they swapped places, by virtue of the Swans scoring more.

The OG at the end made the GD better by 1 for the Swans.

Not as good as when the Gas did the same. They were in the top two in the old Division Two about 20 or so years ago with around eight games to go. Defeat at Cardiff on the final day of the season, I think ex-City defender Andy Jordan got the winner, saw them finish seventh! Think we ended at home to Preston that day, too! 

True, but at least they had something to try and win even if they did FUBAR the opportunity and start celebrating too early ?

Couldn't be happier for them as they are surely at risk of losing their manager to a bigger club now. 

2 minutes ago, tin said:

Not as good as when the Gas did the same. They were in the top two in the old Division Two about 20 or so years ago with around eight games to go. Defeat at Cardiff on the final day of the season, I think ex-City defender Andy Jordan got the winner, saw them finish seventh! Think we ended at home to Preston that day, too! 

They got relegated the following season and have never been in the same league as us since.

4 minutes ago, tin said:

And a few city had a walk down to temple meads to greet them off the train home 

11 minutes ago, tin said:

Didn’t Preston get promoted or make the playoffs that day? Both sets of fans celebrating something anyway.

22 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

I think it was Swansea scoring the fourth that meant they swapped places, by virtue of the Swans scoring more.

The OG at the end made the GD better by 1 for the Swans.

Surely without the OG they’d still have missed out: same goal difference but Swansea scored more goals?

15 minutes ago, tin said:

Preston beat us that day too didn’t they ?

The Forest choke really is something though - 3pts clear of 7th with +7 GD over Swansea. Bonkers

Archived