IGNORED

On to next season

Yank

Well the final whistle has gone and another season is done.A season full of sincere hope,then disappointment,then hope,then...you get the drift.

Johnson being fired(Rightly for me) and now this new manager saga we seem to be having.Who will be the new man? Hughton? Cook? Lowe? Some other guy that hasn't even been discussed? Obviously only time will tell but hopefully done by the end of this week so they can start working with the squad,help with transfers, and start imparting their philosophy,whatever that happens to be.

I think overall we have the right people in charge and now just need to get the right manager in to see everything come to fruition and see us promoted.

Very important offseason ahead in both the short and long term.Need to keep if possible our more prized assets and be well prepared in both a squad sense but a mental sense as well going into the 20-21 campaign.

Have enjoyed following City for the first time this season and eager to see what the future holds.

On to next season.

COYR

P.S. Forest and their fanslaugh laughing GIF

Yep onto the next one. All in all a disappointing season but seeing the names we're being linked with, and just the knowledge we're getting a fresh start with a new manager means I'm excited for next season as ever. Good work this season albeit lads. Always a pleasure supporting this club, even when it isn't. Can't wait for 20/21 and the new gaffer to win us the league. COYR. OTIB. 

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Need a manager asap, clear out large numbers of the squad if possible in current climate.

Maenpaa Baker Williams hunt Pereira Smith diedhiou Watkins o dowda and get players in......if possible.

I’d keep at least 4 of those, maybe 7.

Maenpaa, Baker, Hunt and Diedhiou all deserve to stay. O’Dowda will be here unless we get a surprising bid, Pereira is still an option and Smith may be worth another year. 

28 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d keep at least 4 of those, maybe 7.

Maenpaa, Baker, Hunt and Diedhiou all deserve to stay. O’Dowda will be here unless we get a surprising bid, Pereira is still an option and Smith may be worth another year. 

I have to agree with Lez.

Maenpaa - Quality keeper just always injured and plus save the wages with Max and JoJo as back ups

Baker - Quality CB on his day and has been great at times this year but again can't complete more than 50% of a season and we need more than that to push on

Hunt - Really not good enough and is clearly the weakest link in my opinion

O'Dowda - We should take anything for him

Pereira - Looks decent but feel there is better value out there for us to get at RB/RWB then the reported fee for Pedro

Smith - We need to let go of the nostalgia for this loyal workhorse, need to upgrade substantially on Korey to better 12th next season

I'd also add Marley Watkins on the leavers list

1 hour ago, warbie_118 said:

Hard to get excited for the new season when we don’t know who is going to be in charge. 

You sound like a barrel of laughs!

Personally I'm excited regardless of who we get in. I mean anything has to be better than what was served up by LJ for the majority of the season?

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

I have to agree with Lez.

Maenpaa - Quality keeper just always injured and plus save the wages with Max and JoJo as back ups

Really frustrated by his ankle injury v Forest.  He’s a v.good keeper but agree, we have enough.  Time for Max or JoJo to push to be no2...sometimes you have to bide your time as a no2 to get the chance.

Baker - Quality CB on his day and has been great at times this year but again can't complete more than 50% of a season and we need more than that to push on

Baker started 33, subbed on 1, unused sub 5, so 39 of 46 Champ games he was in the match day squad. 2682 mins out of a possible 4140...65% of minutes.  Yeah, I get the frustration of the games he comes off early, but his form has been good this season.  New manager will need to decide what he wants from Baker.

Hunt - Really not good enough and is clearly the weakest link in my opinion

O'Dowda - We should take anything for him

Pereira - Looks decent but feel there is better value out there for us to get at RB/RWB then the reported fee for Pedro

Smith - We need to let go of the nostalgia for this loyal workhorse, need to upgrade substantially on Korey to better 12th next season

one to wait and see how the new manager wants to play.

I'd also add Marley Watkins on the leavers list

Archived