IGNORED

Mid table obscurity....

Robbored

Really hit home tonight with all the SPNs concentrating on the top and bottom on the Championship and City barely got a mention......how sad is that after 46 games?................:facepalm:

To me it’s been a really disappointing and somewhat wasted season. 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Basically the same as the last three seasons, with dull boring football thrown in as an added bonus ?‍♂️

With yet another minus goal difference............:disapointed2se:

To me that’s really really disappointing........

The past 3 seasons we've got ourselves into a mini-league for the play-offs with several games to go and each season we've finished bottom of it. There needs to be a serious mentality switch by both the playing and coaching staff if we're going to progress as a football club.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

To some it comes as no surprise. Even when we were fighting for a play off place I thought we would fall to a position like this. 

Of course it's no surprise. If you believed all that you read on OTIB most City supporters are eternal pessimists and a few wouldnt be happy even if we won the league by 20 points and scored over 100 goals. 

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Of course it's no surprise. If you believed all that you read on OTIB most City supporters are eternal pessimists and a few wouldnt be happy even if we won the league by 20 points and scored over 100 goals. 

Not true though is it?  

7 points off the playoffs sounds a bit better than 12th.

As others have said, disappointed with top half shows how far we've come in the latest few years. We also get to go into next season with a new manager from the start, with the most talented squad (in theory) we've had in ages. I think finishing mid table perhaps means we can go under the radar a bit now, which probably suits us?

5 minutes ago, pigeon said:

I feel like the first game of the season, that absolute smashing we got from Leeds, should have probably told us there and then that we were dreaming if we thought we'd be in and around playoffs come the end of the season :(

With the lucky, lucky draw away to Brentford 10 games in really hammering it home.

15 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I take it as some perspective of how far we've come in 3/4 years that finishing 12th can now be described as a bad/waste of a season for us, the club is making great strides forward and onto next season

If Holden hadn’t come in and got us the 8 points he did, we could potentially have finished 17th with 55 points under LJ, because I couldn’t see us getting another point with him as our manager.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

If Holden hadn’t come in and got us the 8 points he did, we could potentially have finished 17th with 55 points under LJ, because I couldn’t see us getting another point with him as our manager.

But we didn't, 46 games have passed now and you can't say 'we could have finished in such and such place' because the season is over and we're 12th and we as a club are now in a position of saying 12th can be considered a bad season for us, that to me is a real sign of the progress of this club.

18 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The past 3 seasons we've got ourselves into a mini-league for the play-offs with several games to go and each season we've finished bottom of it. There needs to be a serious mentality switch by both the playing and coaching staff if we're going to progress as a football club.

I was just about to say similar. 2017/18 finished 11th closer to the play offs than 12th having of course been 2nd at Xmas. 2018/19 third in a three horse race. 2019/20 yet again fallen away to our lowest position of the season well ahead of 13th.

A very clear pattern.

14 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

I'm hopeful this is a turning point. We've improved so much at BCFC and made so many investments. We are ready to take the next step.

New manager 

Clear the dead wood

New energy, new season

11th next season... ?

I hope so Matt

We’ve come a long way and established ourselves as a champ team.

But does it really matter how nice facilities & what was invested in them if you’re not constantly competing in the league. 

Have the club made it too comfortable and insulated the players from the harsh reality of success and failure.

Or have we failed to recruit the right players to achieve the aim.

Its not necessarily about promotion its about competing week in week out - do that and you finish where you deserve to.

Whoever is in charge we need to see that competitiveness next season sustained throughout.

29 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I take it as some perspective of how far we've come in 3/4 years that finishing 12th can now be described as a bad/waste of a season for us, the club is making great strides forward and onto next season

If we're talking perspective, we were higher in the league during our decline 10 years ago!

1 minute ago, Red Alert said:

I hope so Matt

We’ve come a long way and established ourselves as a champ team.

But does it really matter how nice facilities & what was invested in them if you’re not constantly competing in the league. 

Have the club made it too comfortable and insulated the players from the harsh reality of success and failure.

Or have we failed to recruit the right players to achieve the aim.

Its not necessarily about promotion its about competing week in week out - do that and you finish where you deserve to.

Whoever is in charge we need to see that competitiveness next season sustained throughout.

I believe the investments we've made in the stadium etc were all needed. I don't think it's too.comfortable, I just don't believe we've had enough killer instinct or special moments from a player that can change games. We've been average in every respect.

However, I do get the feeling this is the turning point. First time in a few seasons weve gone backwards and I hope it's the wake up call.

Id have us for a top six assault next season

1 minute ago, mozo said:

If we're talking perspective, we were higher in the league during our decline 10 years ago!

And were relegated after it, can't live off where we were a decade ago, 4 seasons ago we only just survived in this league and are now calling a top half finish as failure

Finished bottom of my mini-league of Brentford, Preston and us. 

What I really didn’t anticipate was the likes of Millwall, Blackburn finishing above us.

Not just a wasted season, we’ve gone backwards and created a monster of a squad.

Poor, very poor. 

That said, we were going nowhere fast, so the upside is the long overdue clear out has begun. Fresh start but we ain’t got long to undertake, what needs to be a massive rebuild, if we are going to be competitive at the right end of the league.

Unless, we’ve got someone like Moyes lined-up or another top grade Manager who knows the Championship, knows how to win and gel a squad who is currently in employment and wanted to see the Season out, then we ain’t got off to the speedy start required. That doesn’t bode well. 

We will see tomorrow whether the delay in a managerial appointment is down to this reason.

Just an incredibly meh end to a very meh season in a very meh year.

Really hope we appoint a good manager to inject a bit of excitement, because right now I have no idea what month it is, when the new season starts, how long we have to make signings and when we can actually go to watch again.

Struggling to get very excited about football at all at the moment.

Archived