Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Swansea and Cardiff in Playoffs and Brum stay up...Could tonight be worse?


Recommended Posts

Once again the Peaky Blinders have been working their voodoo and stayed up due to Wigan's point deduction. Even worse, there is now a fair chance that a sheep worshipping team will once again get to the Prem. Luton away at least....might get a ticket this time🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, City Cat said:

Once again the Peaky Blinders have been working their voodoo and stayed up due to Wigan's point deduction. Even worse, there is now a fair chance that a sheep worshipping team will once again get to the Prem. Luton away at least....might get a ticket this time🙄

Wigan's points deduction has saved Barnsley, not Brum unfortunately

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lrrr said:

Can I say Brentford v Cardiff and Cardiff have their pants pulled down and embarrassed at Wembley?

Most definitely ! 👍

Although I have a horrible feeling that C**tdiff would beat Brentford 1-0 by means of a set piece.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Brentford deserve to go up imo but it'll probably be Fulham that do.

Depending on who Brum get in I think they'll struggle again even with some money to spend from the sale of Bellingham. 

I don't understand the notion of teams deserving to go up. The teams that finish first, second and win through the playoffs deserve to go up.

Brentford bottled it when it mattered most. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted for Charlton, I have a colleague who's a fan. 

Absolutely overjoyed that the Florists f**ked it up again, I hate them with a passion.

Pleased to see Dull going down. Ha ha.

As for the rest, don't care. Amused to see Derby do nothing, again.

Edited by SecretSam
Needed to take the p155 out of Hull
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I admire what your club is doing, the stand it is taking.

However I fear that both Derby and Sheffield Wednesday (Wigan is a complex and bizarre case albeit 12 points the automatic admin penalty so we'll leave that ton one side- FFP wasn't an issue there).

I fear one of following unfortunately, for the two clubs who have had/are having FFP hearings:

  1. They will be found innocent.
  2. They will be found not guilty.
  3. It will be case not proven.
  4. It Will be a case of blame/error on both sides- ie the initial authorisation under Harvey.

Hence, I'm starting to fear that Derby and Sheffield Wednesday will get off scot free here. All the 4 above are different types of verdict but would both lead to the same result- zero points or punishment.

The delay and delay and delay some more worries me a fair bit!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I admire what your club is doing, the stand it is taking.

However I fear that both Derby and Sheffield Wednesday (Wigan is a complex and bizarre case albeit 12 points the automatic admin penalty so we'll leave that ton one side- FFP wasn't an issue there).

I fear one of following unfortunately, for the two clubs who have had/are having FFP hearings:

  1. They will be found innocent.
  2. They will be found not guilty.
  3. It will be case not proven.
  4. It Will be a case of blame/error on both sides- ie the initial authorisation under Harvey.

Hence, I'm starting to fear that Derby and Sheffield Wednesday will get off scot free here. All the 4 above are different types of verdict but would both lead to the same result- zero points or punishment.

The delay and delay and delay some more worries me a fair bit!

Think we need a hard deadline, perhaps the day before the transfer window opens that cases of FFP need to be heard the onus has to be on the EFL to collect evidence and make their case quickly rather than dragged out, introduce a rule whereby non-compliance from a club is deemed as a guilty verdict.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lrrr said:

Think we need a hard deadline, perhaps the day before the transfer window opens that cases of FFP need to be heard the onus has to be on the EFL to collect evidence and make their case quickly rather than dragged out, introduce a rule whereby non-compliance from a club is deemed as a guilty verdict.

there does, but Rp has decades of mismanagement to sort out at the efl,

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Think we need a hard deadline, perhaps the day before the transfer window opens that cases of FFP need to be heard the onus has to be on the EFL to collect evidence and make their case quickly rather than dragged out, introduce a rule whereby non-compliance from a club is deemed as a guilty verdict.

I agree. Think Sheffield Wednesday in particular have been stalling via arbitration- however I agree, they were charged last November, around the middle of the month and evidence was collected before then as there were reports in September 2019 that things were amiss! I also think the EFL made an error in pushing for both club charges and personal charges at the same time- the club charges much more important, this took up valuable time and money and would've been harder to prove! If you win the club charges, by all means analyse personal charges too.

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

there does, but Rp has decades of mismanagement to sort out at the efl,

 

Yep and in particular the last CEO- Shaun Harvey- utter clown he was!

I still don't see why, legally and technically, there can't be some kind of club vote, or suspension, or maybe even (though I'm not really pushing for it) expulsion or such based on voting. It's a members club, the EFL or so we're led to believe. Owners vote on this!

Barnsley are quite right, it's harming the competition and the other clubs in it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2020 at 22:16, Lrrr said:

The Welsh sides will be buzzing and full of confidence, easily could be an all Welsh play off final

Funny isn't it that not many weeks ago everyone was saying that you wouldn't want Brentford in the play offs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Funny isn't it that not many weeks ago everyone was saying that you wouldn't want Brentford in the play offs.

 

Had it in their own hands this time last week after Huddersfield pulled off a shock- had it in their own hands and blew it! Point at Stoke and I think they would have gone on and beat Barnsley.

Interesting to see if they can rally for one last push. Would deserve it over the season IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...