IGNORED

Swansea and Cardiff in Playoffs and Brum stay up...Could tonight be worse?

City Cat

50 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Think we need a hard deadline, perhaps the day before the transfer window opens that cases of FFP need to be heard the onus has to be on the EFL to collect evidence and make their case quickly rather than dragged out, introduce a rule whereby non-compliance from a club is deemed as a guilty verdict.

I think we should start by fixing a date by which a clubs accounts are to be the EFL, say the 2nd Saturday of February. Failure to meet the date means an automatic 3 point deduction, and further 3 point deductions for each week they continue to be late. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I think we should start by fixing a date by which a clubs accounts are to be the EFL, say the 2nd Saturday of February. Failure to meet the date means an automatic 3 point deduction, and further 3 point deductions for each week they continue to be late. 

Here's the crazy thing right.

The EFL regs are actually quite strong. Not only to they have to submit the actual accounts for the season before and the season before that, they have to submit a Profit and loss account and balance sheet for the current season by March 1st.

Any overspend based on two real and one projected- puts them in a Disciplinary Commission- in that same season I believe!

The application of these rules though has been shocking, but especially in 2018/19.

I like your idea of fixed penalties.

50 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Funny isn't it that not many weeks ago everyone was saying that you wouldn't want Brentford in the play offs.

Had they won the last 2 games and not gone up because WBA had earned enough points to stop them (pre-Hudds) then I think they'd have been fine as they couldn't have done more but losing the last 2 and having 2 chances to go up will be a killer

Just now, Lrrr said:

Had they won the last 2 games and not gone up because WBA had earned enough points to stop them (pre-Hudds) then I think they'd have been fine as they couldn't have done more but losing the last 2 and having 2 chances to go up will be a killer

In the play offs momentum counts for a lot.  Remember our play off final, Hull had come from nowhere to get into the play offs with surge of form and result  and that form carried them through to promotion.

For all that Brentford would deserve promotion looking at the season overall, Swansea now have the momentum and will be on a massive high because of the manner in which they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Physiologically, the reverse is true for Brentford.

Archived