IGNORED

Famara.

Jeez

Surely that had to be his last game for us. Can’t see him signing a new contract or extension if he has offers, which no doubt he will have & club will cash in as that is the model.

What a great character & solid player he’s been for us, yeah he misses a few but his work rate is always ? & so unfortunate to not have had a quality 2nd striker alongside for most of his time here.

Going to miss the big fella ?

Cheers Fam!

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Would love him to stay another couple of years. Guess it depends what offers we get. He won’t go to the Prem; but consistent links with Turkey won’t go away and he may fancy the coin in Qatar.

Hope to see him stay here, but if we get an offer of £5/6m then he’ll be gone.

It'll take more than £5m. Double it maybe for a striker.....

With Afobe on his way I think we would be mad not to offer him a new deal.

For what he gives us both as a focal point for the attack, as well as our best defender at set pieces we won’t get better than him without spending a huge sum of money.

Genuinely lovely bloke, too.

40 goals in 3 seasons, great return.

He is our best striker and i'd love him to stay but that might have been a farewell goal today.

Don't really have affinities with players in the recent squads we have had but Fam is that player who will always put everything in and this season has come on leaps and bounds in improving his overall play.

• Admin

I wonder if the massive support he got in reaction to the disgusting tweet and winning the player of the year award may tempt him to hang around? 

He'll feel like he's really appreciated at the club 

The question is, have we offered him a new deal 

Is he as good as everyone on this thread is saying? Granted he works hard( but that’s the least any player should do), his touch is awful, he chases when he wants to, and he misses a lot of chances. I don’t think he’s a bad player, but if we’re looking to go up , he’s not the answer.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder if the massive support he got in reaction to the disgusting tweet and winning the player of the year award may tempt him to hang around? 

He'll feel like he's really appreciated at the club 

The question is, have we offered him a new deal 

I guess that’ll depend on who gets the Head Coach job - unless Junior L  and MA decide otherwise.

That said the new guy will almost certainly have trusted players he’d like to resign and maybe Famara won’t be in his plans.

2 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Is he as good as everyone on this thread is saying? Granted he works hard( but that’s the least any player should do), his touch is awful, he chases when he wants to, and he misses a lot of chances. I don’t think he’s a bad player, but if we’re looking to go up , he’s not the answer.

That’s why we have Wells, or whoever, to play with him. He’s hit double figures every season he’s been here. He’s consistent (overall) and a massive presence in our team. He’s great. 

1 minute ago, Wade Wilson said:

That’s why we have Wells, or whoever, to play with him. He’s hit double figures every season he’s been here. He’s consistent (overall) and a massive presence in our team. He’s great. 

I wouldn’t say great, but the blokes a trier! If we’re looking to go up, we can improve on him without a doubt!

Most of his best performances have came away from home when we’ve been really backs against the wall (Wigan and QPR immediately jump out from this season, Derby last season). I think that’s why some fans have a lesser opinion of him than others, having maybe only watched him in the home games.

Good Championship striker and still in his peak years, would be a huge shame to see him go. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

With Afobe on his way I think we would be mad not to offer him a new deal.

For what he gives us both as a focal point for the attack, as well as our best defender at set pieces we won’t get better than him without spending a huge sum of money.

Genuinely lovely bloke, too.

You know me Graham that I’ve been pretty critical of Fam, but also defended him in saying we don’t play to his strengths either.

Under Holden I’ve seen flashes of things Fam did at Angers.  He is not a target man.  Tonight, again, he got ball into feet, and was able to back on, get his man too tight, and then roll him.  He hasn’t really done that all season.

Financially, unless we are gonna get £6-8-10m, then you start to think extending his contract might be the best choice.  If you extended by 2 years, that £1.25m (£5m / 4) amortised cost of the final year gets split into three.  Suddenly his 4th year saves us £0.8m...albeit commits us to £0.4m in years 5 and 6.

If he is to leave, then I thank him. Undoubtedly my favourite player since his arrival. What could have been if he had played under a different manager for us. I still hope that he will.

And I will also thank this forum. One of the reasons I think that he has been my favourite player has been the often unjust criticism he has received when playing for someone who didn't utilise him properly.

He has been a beacon of light in a ton of manure as far as I am concerned.

31 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not to shabby. He'll cost more to replace than we'll get for him. A 20 goal championship striker is worth a lot more than the 5 million people are quoting his price will be. 

The real beauty is that those 41 are made up of 14 (13 league) in his first season, 13 (all league) last season, and 14 (12 league) this season. If you look the spread as well the goals come evenly across a season. 

He rarely scores 2 or a hat trick but on the flipside his longest (league) goal drought is a mere 6 games.

He's not the perfect striker. He's poor one-on-one, doesn't get many assists, and is prone to a red card. But he's just so steady. That kind of metronomic scoring is useful, and expensive to replace.

He's not spectacular, he doesn't play pretty football; but he's damn good at our level and if he leaves we will miss him greatly.

Finally, it looks as though today's might have been his 100th career goal (at club level). In 292 pro appearances.

1. In. 3.

Archived