IGNORED

Korey Smith

BCFC_Josh

Going on Taylor Moore’s comments and from what I have read elsewhere it seems like Korey is going to be off. Great servant to the club and personally think he deserves another year even as a squad player. Hope he isn’t another who ends up at Cardiff. Thoughts? 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

One of my all time faves. He’ll stay in the Champ I reckon.

Me too.

I expect several clubs will have noted his post lockdown form & he’ll get a 2 year deal elsewhere in The Championship.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Me too.

I expect several clubs will have noted his post lockdown form & he’ll get a 2 year deal elsewhere in The Championship.

I'm guessing that we've only offered him a one-year deal, which at 29 won't provide the security of a potential move elsewhere for 2+. There will be a number of suitors.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Could be a massive mistake. Really missed him tonight. We were wide open at times without his protection.

If we bring in quality to replace him then fair enough. 

I like the look of Walsh and Morrell but worried about Nagy and Massengo.

What did he say? I didn't notice him say anything other than he shouts a lot on the pitch.

He said something like “I’m sure everyone is aware of the situation with Korey and why he can’t play” before going on to talk about Kalas and the captaincy. 

6 minutes ago, Lez said:

Great servant but no way should be offered a new deal and time to move on.

Not the player he was and we are now looking to push on.

Sounds good other than we have been trying to push on for 5 years and don't currently have a CM better than Korey.

I would keep him otherwise Il back him to do a grand job with a lower Champ club, maybe even a QPR or someone.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sounds good other than we have been trying to push on for 5 years and don't currently have a CM better than Korey.

I would keep him otherwise Il back him to do a grand job with a lower Champ club, maybe even a QPR or someone.

Why keep him when we can buy a replacement? 

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Why keep him when we can buy a replacement? 

Any idea on our budget? How much does a replacement cost? 

Lots of areas of the team need strengthening and we don’t have £20m coming in from transfers out like in previous seasons.

On top of all of that we have COVID restricting fans so another hit on money.  AND we already lose £16m per year.  

I reckon he’s keepable if we want him but deep down you know its probably time to move on.

Who could deny his contribution to the club but going forward he’s likely to become a bit part player and personally I think he has more to give than that. So would think a key role at Pompey is better move.

If he ever plays against us I’ll be stood up clapping him on to the pitch.

I’ve said this countless times before and I’ll say it again. 

Going into next season with out central midfield options is a huge risk.

We all want Morrell & Walsh to do well, but we don’t know how they’re going to get on at this standard. 

Nagy & Massengo haven’t got a lot of championship appearances either. I’d guess they both have played less than 30 games. 

You have to hope we have an experienced CM lined up. 

He may not have been top end championship quality, but then certain players mean a lot more to clubs than just the minutes they play on the pitch. 

I doubt that Smith would’ve been a high earner & I expect he would’ve taken a 2 year deal. How much will we have to pay to get a player with 150-200 odd championship appearances in the squad?

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Any idea on our budget? How much does a replacement cost? 

Lots of areas of the team need strengthening and we don’t have £20m coming in from transfers out like in previous seasons.

On top of all of that we have COVID restricting fans so another hit on money.  AND we already lose £16m per year.  

Dont need significant money to upgrade him do we. William's from Wigan.....I wonder if they are going to hold out for 10 million.

Seriously if you are going to challenge my post at least make your point remotely feasible.

10 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I’ve said this countless times before and I’ll say it again. 

Going into next season with out central midfield options is a huge risk.

We all want Morrell & Walsh to do well, but we don’t know how they’re going to get on at this standard. 

Nagy & Massengo haven’t got a lot of championship appearances either. I’d guess they both have played less than 30 games. 

You have to hope we have an experienced CM lined up. 

He may not have been top end championship quality, but then certain players mean a lot more to clubs than just the minutes they play on the pitch. 

I doubt that Smith would’ve been a high earner & I expect he would’ve taken a 2 year deal. How much will we have to pay to get a player with 150-200 odd championship appearances in the squad?

Think you are spot on with this, here’s hoping an experienced replacement to add some balance to the squad is in the transfer plans.

8 minutes ago, Lez said:

Dont need significant money to upgrade him do we. William's from Wigan.....I wonder if they are going to hold out for 10 million.

Seriously if you are going to challenge my post at least make your point remotely feasible.

Money isn't the point. His type are rare in the game but their importance hasn't waned.  Academies seem to produce technical players rather than characters.

2 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

The last of the double winning squad to depart- and what a servant he is. 

Adam Nagy isn’t anywhere near good enough, lots of pressure on Morrell and Walsh next season 

How many of that squad have truly been upgraded? Not many..... in fact any? 

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

A lack of money coming in and budgets weakened through lack of fans is a very feasible and reasonable argument.  Appreciate you’ve got an edgy reputation to keep up but pretending otherwise just makes you look a bit silly really.  I cannot see us spending a lot in this window so will need to be selective in where we strengthen. 

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Money isn't the point. His type are rare in the game but their importance hasn't waned.  Academies seem to produce technical players rather than characters.

He isnt good enough for this level anymore....."his type" tons of them in this league.

Archived