IGNORED

Korey Smith

BCFC_Josh

Just now, And Its Smith said:

A lack of money coming in and budgets weakened through lack of fans is a very feasible and reasonable argument.  Appreciate you’ve got an edgy reputation to keep up but pretending otherwise just makes you look a bit silly really.  I cannot see us spending a lot in this window so will need to be selective in where we strengthen. 

This displays a complete lack of understanding.....if you were talking about 8mil Kalas, fair enough.....but no Korey Smith whose value is? 250 300k? If you think current Korey Smith will he hard or expensive to replace then you have zero grasp of the English football league.

Just now, Lez said:

This displays a complete lack of understanding.....if you were talking about 8mil Kalas, fair enough.....but no Korey Smith whose value is? 250 300k? If you think current Korey Smith will he hard or expensive to replace then you have zero grasp of the English football league.

I don’t think you understand my point.  Giving Korey a new 2 year contract would cost all in about £1m.  To replace him with someone like Joe Williams would cost about £4m-5m  Roughly.  Williams may be a better player now but with the circumstances I’ve already mentioned, it might be better to save that £3-4m and use it on other areas of the team.

Hopefully that gets you up to speed. Nobody left behind on OTIB.  

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

To replace him with someone like Joe Williams would cost about £4m-5m  Roughly

It won't be Kieffer Moore is going for at most £2.5m, Joe would probably fetch the same at most due to their situation.

I don’t think you understand my point.  Giving Korey a new 2 year contract would cost all in about £1m.  To replace him with someone like Joe Williams would cost about £4m-5m  Roughly.  Williams may be a better player now but with the circumstances I’ve already mentioned, it might be better to save that £3-4m and use it on other areas of the team.

"It might be better" get a grip of yourself and have some confidence in your argument even it does display zero understanding of 1) what Bristol city want to achieve and 2) korey Smith's ability. 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No way jose

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

"It might be better" get a grip of yourself and have some confidence in your argument even it does display zero understanding of 1) what Bristol city want to achieve and 2) korey Smith's ability. 

Continuing your drunken edginess?  Fair enough. Each to their own. 

I’ll admit to some bias here, as Korey is my personal favourite player. I love his character, determination, work rate and think he has qualities that none of our other options - as yet - do.

With that said, do I think a midfield with Korey in week in, week out is top six - no.

Do I, however, think that Korey can do a job in certain games and be a very good sub to close games out - yes.

To me, it’s all about him. We’d pay more to replace him than renew, so on that basis if he accepted a part in the squad a la the above I’d undoubtedly renew. However, understand completely if he wants a fuller role elsewhere 

13 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

How many of that squad have truly been upgraded? Not many..... in fact any? 

I'd argue Frankie and entire defence (Joe Bryan being the close one) we've upgraded, we can only compare them against when they left the club Ayling for example Bielsa is getting the best out of him, Joe Bryan feeding of being able to supply Mitrovic etc but as of when he left Jay is close to as good as he was as a wing back. Hunt is better than Little and Kalas is better than Flint defensively just miss his goals.

In midfield we're talking Korey (still here) Freeman and Marlon/Wade Elliot. Freeman wasn't the play for us that he was for QPR so I'd say Pato's performances have been an upgrade. Pack upon leaving vs HNM/AN is tough Marlon would add better balance to our midfield atm.

Wilbs and Agard upfront yes 100% we've upgraded neither would be getting 13-15 goals in the championship

For transfer fee and wages? Can’t see it myself.  Going to be a lot more than that.  Wages alone will be that over a 3 year deal. 

They're desperate for money in administration so they can just afford to keep paying people, their administrators this morning gave an interview saying players HAD to be sold, they can't haggle too much.

You answered me first of all not the other way around.  Read what I wrote again. I was talking total cost of replacing Korey versus keeping Korey.  

I don't need to "read what you wrote again". Nor do I care what order a discussion went. Wages have to be spent either way and Korey has probably worked himself up to a decent wage here. 

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

They're desperate for money in administration so they can just afford to keep paying people, their administrators this morning gave an interview saying players HAD to be sold, they can't haggle too much.

Moore is £2.5m.  Williams will be close to that. Plus wages.  £4m all in is realistic over a 3 year deal 

I'm definitely on the Korey fan club side of the house, but reluctantly I think it is probably best for all sides for him to move on. We've got four quality midfielders in Morrell, Walsh, Massengo and Nagy... however without Korey I think we'll be missing a proper destructive #4 unless we recruit. If he's got a one year offer on the table here and three year offer at Pompey it's an obvious choice for him. I just hope we bring someone in who can do that role as well as Korey has in the past.

Moore is £2.5m.  Williams will be close to that. Plus wages.  £4m all in is realistic over a 3 year deal 

Its not about the 4 mil it's the difference in relation to Smith. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

£2m for fee and wages?  Naive. 

In relation to Smith that is the discussion you're trying to have.

I think a match fit Smith in the centre of the park for us, would be a wonderful asset.

However we havent seen that for a number of seasons.

He's been beset with a number of injuries, one after another; and at times has looked a long way short of his best over the last few months.

Would he be worth the money, if we could guarantee his injury record would improve, absolutely. However i think this is a pragmatic decision; that opens up opportunities for a number of our younger players to step up into the breach.

It may come back to bite us, and he may have a wonderful injury free season elsewhere. Look how Webster turned out for us, after numerous injury laden seasons at Ipswich. That's football and you don't know, what you don't know.

I'll always have fond memories of Korey. But like LJ, its the right time for a parting of the ways.

I wish him the very best in the future.

3 minutes ago, James54De said:

I don't need to "read what you wrote again". Nor do I care what order a discussion went. Wages have to be spent either way and Korey has probably worked himself up to a decent wage here. 

Wages have to be spent but we can save a transfer fee by keeping Smith.  You do know the club loses £16m a year and we don’t have a Webster size fee coming in? Plus no fans in the ground don’t you ?

Blimey. 

Maybe you will understand my point in the morning. 

I appreciate you are plucking numbers out of thin air. I understand that you are clearly incapable of offsetting the cost against Smith wages.

You just lack knowledge.

Archived