IGNORED

League one.... Wow!

Matthew me

I don't think I've ever seen a stronger league one in living memory. The sags won't have much joy next season.

Seven clubs that have been in the premier league, two recent FA cup winners....

Ipswich

Sunderland 

Peterborough

Hull

Wigan

Charlton

Portsmouth

Blackpool

That's going to be a seriously competitve league. Will be interesting to see who comes through...

Our "bad season" doesn't seem so tragic now. Mid table safety during a rebuild process shows how far we've come

5 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

League 1 is a slog to get out of too. Just look at us stuck there for 8 years in the 2000s. Leeds were down there for a while too as were Sheffield United.. don’t forget those jpt games on a rainy Wednesday night too.. 

Good call ref JPT and round one the FA cup!

The gap between the championship and league one is growing. A lot of big teams will struggle in league one because you need a big squad because of all the games (league, league Cup, JPT, FA Cup) but FFP is a lot harsher in league one then it is in the championship so you almost have to rebuild your squad from the ground up if you get relegated. 

18 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

I don't think I've ever seen a stronger league one in living memory. The sags won't have much joy next season.

Ipswich

Sunderland 

Peterborough

Hull

Wigan

Charlton

Portsmouth

Blackpool

That's going to be a seriously competitve league. Will be interesting to see who comes through...

Our "bad season" doesn't seem so tragic now. Mid table safety during a rebuild process shows how far we've come

Won't only 1 of those be having their 1st season of many at League One level..? 

Because 5 of them weren't string enough to get out of it and the other 2 were but couldn't survive at the level above, for 1 season...! 

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

League 1 is a slog to get out of too. Just look at us stuck there for 8 years in the 2000s. Leeds were down there for a while too as were Sheffield United.. don’t forget those jpt games on a rainy Wednesday night too.. 

Pffft, I remember the '80s, too, we were stuck there forever

1 hour ago, Matthew me said:

Ipswich

Sunderland 

Peterborough

Hull

Wigan

Charlton

Portsmouth

Blackpool

Was it Winston Churchill?.. “If this is good news, then it’s certainly well disguised..”

1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

The gap between the championship and league one is growing. A lot of big teams will struggle in league one because you need a big squad because of all the games (league, league Cup, JPT, FA Cup) but FFP is a lot harsher in league one then it is in the championship so you almost have to rebuild your squad from the ground up if you get relegated. 

Ffp favours the big clubs in league one and two,

As its wages based on a percentage of turnover, the bigger clubs have better turnover,

Where these clubs fail is their failure to adapt to the league, 

3 hours ago, Matthew me said:

They haven't.... Hence I said seven out of the eight

I think you need to re read your opening article......no mention of 7 from 8. You mention 7 then list 8 teams......sorry to be pedantic but....

2 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

Can we all take a moment, especially if you were at the 2008 play off final, to think of the Hull fans who were so magnanimous after beating us. Schadenfreude.

In fairness, I think they were pretty magnanimous, certainly they were on the train I shared with them back to the car park.  They were all surprisingly miserable as well.  But they were from Hull.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

When have Peterborough recently been in the Premier League or won the FA  Cup?

Probably more recently than us...

3 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Ipswich

Sunderland 

Peterborough

Hull

Wigan

Charlton

Portsmouth

Blackpool

You are forgetting one thing. They are not strong teams and that’s why they are in league 1. Regardless of where they were five, ten years ago. OK they have good names and only really amongst them I can only relate to Portsmouth that were a good prem team not so long ago.

please dont compare us with these teams or a bad season, or a rebuild process. We do not know where we are until the new governor arrives at BS3.

our mid table safety is crap. We are in this position because of LJ. We were not rebuilding this season we started well and had great players. LJ had everything he wanted and we were not rebuilding. Our season was over around November / December when the loosing streak started.

” How far we have come” ????????????

3 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

Steady now.....apparently the Sags are buliding a strong squad and dreams of glory are only a heartbeat away. Shiver me timbers.......

They are in fairness, but they’ll be gambling big time that their manager is up to the task.

3 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Just think. Hull beat us at Wembley,  and promoted to the Premier league. Didn't do them any good though. Just think if it was the other way round! Would we be playing in the 1st division  ? 

Hey kiwi Colin its not Division one its the prem cobber. Go and get some fish and chips and calm down. ?

7 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

I meant to say league one ?

Otatara or bristol. I know which one i would choose. 

I remember some great memories having to go over the ditch when you guys had the earth quakes with work. 

NZ is a great country and culture. Good luck in Bristol.

52 minutes ago, City oz said:

You are forgetting one thing. They are not strong teams and that’s why they are in league 1. Regardless of where they were five, ten years ago. OK they have good names and only really amongst them I can only relate to Portsmouth that were a good prem team not so long ago.

please dont compare us with these teams or a bad season, or a rebuild process. We do not know where we are until the new governor arrives at BS3.

our mid table safety is crap. We are in this position because of LJ. We were not rebuilding this season we started well and had great players. LJ had everything he wanted and we were not rebuilding. Our season was over around November / December when the loosing streak started.

” How far we have come” ????????????

I'm not suggesting they're strong in our division. But they're big clubs to be sat in league one. They still have pulling power, history and pedigree in the last 10 years. 

I can compare us. I think our season in comparison to Hull, Charlton, Wigan has been ok!....

We are rebuilding because LJ was given too long. Next season will be the real test of where we are as a club. I, for one believe we will do well next year .

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

I think you need to re read your opening article......no mention of 7 from 8. You mention 7 then list 8 teams......sorry to be pedantic but....

Pedantic, yes. But correct!! ?

I didn't think I needed to highlight that Posh haven't been in the prem or won the FA cup recently. I assumed anyone that follows the lower leagues would know that.

1 minute ago, Matthew me said:

I'm not suggesting they're strong in our division. But they're big clubs to be sat in league one. They still have pulling power, history and pedigree in the last 10 years. 

I can compare us. I think our season in comparison to Hull, Charlton, Wigan has been ok!....

We are rebuilding because LJ was given too long. Next season will be the real test of where we are as a club. I, for one believe we will do well next year .

Bradford Park avenue were a big club once,

The longer they stay down the more irrelevant they will become,

On paper it looks very tough and looks quite entertaining i agree,

But then I prefer league football to the drab prem 

12 minutes ago, City oz said:

Otatara or bristol. I know which one i would choose. 

I remember some great memories having to go over the ditch when you guys had the earth quakes with work. 

NZ is a great country and culture. Good luck in Bristol.

Live in Bristol now, since 1987.

I didn't get to stay in oz,  apart from stopping in Sydney,  when flying over to UK. 

You still is oz  ? 

Archived