IGNORED

Paul Trollope

iamsober

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

Agreed. IF it happens he should be welcomed. 

Just like Terry Cooper or John Ward were .

It is a big lesson for players and staff alike , screw up and you could end up at the Gas again . 

7 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Agreed. IF it happens he should be welcomed. 

I, for one , welcome our Ant leaders.

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

Liam Rosenior? Sure he played for Hughton at Brighton. Or maybe stick with what we have got. COYR 

Bloody hope not....  Holden's team selections and substitutions have left me baffled over the last two games.  Especially Saturdays 3-0-7 formation we ended the game with and last night's 4 centre half team....

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The Trollope era at Rovers was the only time in the last 10/15 years when I felt there was a genuine chance they could end up in the same division as us through their own merit. They felt like a relatively decent side in those days. 

Imagine if his coaching was a huge contributory factor in us reaching the Premier league, the Gas would be apoplectic ?

Always came across as a decent sort & gave them a level of professionalism that they have rarely had in many years.

Absolutely no reason why he shouldn’t be welcomed to us,

Incidentally I saw him in Ashton Park with his kids a few times when he was with them, so clearly South Bristol life holds no fears for him..

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Always came across as a decent sort & gave them a level of professionalism that they have rarely had in many years.

Incidentally I saw him in Ashton Park with his kids a few times when he was with them, so clearly South Bristol life holds no fears for him..

I'll second that. I saw him in a local supermarket and was chatting to several people who had recognised him and wasn't in a hurry to get away from them 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Just like Terry Cooper or John Ward were .

It is a big lesson for players and staff alike , screw up and you could end up at the Gas again . 

I, for one , welcome our Ant leaders.

Me too. 

Dec can **** off.. 

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Bloody hope not....  Holden's team selections and substitutions have left me baffled over the last two games.  Especially Saturdays 3-0-7 formation we ended the game with and last night's 4 centre half team....

That 0-7 is easy to explain, we were losing 1-0 to Swansea, we still had a outside chance of the play offs, he was throwing caution to the wind and went for the win,

As for last night we were playing 3-5-2 so you need 3 centre backs on, when pereira went off, we pushed vyner out to wing back, as he can play right back as well as centre back as well as midfield, it was quite logical 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think anyone who's been involved in the capitulation at Rovers should be held in rather high esteem. 

Would be sweet if he were then part of the team to take us to the Prem. 

He’s not really involved though. He did quite a good job for them overall. Probably their best manager in the last few years.

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That 0-7 is easy to explain, we were losing 1-0 to Swansea, we still had a outside chance of the play offs, he was throwing caution to the wind and went for the win,

As for last night we were playing 3-5-2 so you need 3 centre backs on, when pereira went off, we pushed vyner out to wing back, as he can play right back as well as centre back as well as midfield, it was quite logical 

Thanks Monkeh, wasn’t rocket science was it?

Last night he kept the same system through the subs, just moved the versatile players.

Pereira off.  Vyner to RWB (Kalas to RCB, Benko to LCB)

Wells off. Weimann to CF, Palmer to AM/no10

Afobe on. Weimann back to CM to replace Pato.

As you say Swansea was a rescue job....was actually 4312, but gung ho.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I saw him walking his dog by the M Shed a couple of times... probably lived in Southville.

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

He did a rubbish job with the Gas so I'm a big fan of his :clapping:

This is the Paul Trollope their fans disliked because “he plays too much football, he should just be getting it in the mixer”?

Sounds good to me.

I am wondering how this will work though as there is this stated aim of “continuity” and just slotting new members of staff into an existing structure.

I wonder if this is why it wasn’t cut and dried as soon as he expressed an interest?

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Trollop is a good coach and did a good job with the gas,

No problem with him coming here whatsoever

I think their form dropped away after Lennie Lawrence went and he was left on his own. However IF we get CH and he a Trollope have a good working relationship that ultimately benefits the club then I hope we bring him in as well.

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think their form dropped away after Lennie Lawrence went and he was left on his own. However IF we get CH and he a Trollope have a good working relationship that ultimately benefits the club then I hope we bring him in as well.

Okay, but he's not allowed to sit in the City dug out. He has to sit on a stool next to the ball boys. Fairs fair.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s not really involved though. He did quite a good job for them overall. Probably their best manager in the last few years.

Want that largely down to Lennie Lawrence and as soon as he'd gone, they nose dived..? 

Could be wrong. 

Archived