IGNORED

Dean Holden

cidered abroad

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/holden-sets-robins-sights-on-new-campaign/

Does this imply that he will be staying in his position as Assistant Head Coach?

If yes, what about Macca?

This is how Head Coach systems operate is it not?

If Holden is not the new head coach then the new guy will almost certainly bring his own assistant(s) with him. That’ll mean no room for Deano and Macca at the inn.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

If Holden is not the new head coach then the new guy will almost certainly bring his own assistant(s) with him. That’ll mean no room for Deano and Macca at the inn.

I think DH did a good job. A new head coach coming in will not bring with him a 2IC. The new head coach will need to digest on what he has for a while and needs to rely on DH for some guidance in the first few months.

I don’t like the thought of a manager coming in and not bringing whatever staff he wants with him.

The reason we are where we are is due to the coaching staff as a whole, I’d rather a new manager had the chance to judge everyone himself without any previous opinions being made to him about certain players. 

Holden playing Williams for the final two games worried me. I really hope we have no intentions on keeping him here. 

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I don’t like the thought of a manager coming in and not bringing whatever staff he wants with him.

The reason we are where we are is due to the coaching staff as a whole, I’d rather a new manager had the chance to judge everyone himself without any previous opinions being made to him about certain players. 

Holden playing Williams for the final two games worried me. I really hope we have no intentions on keeping him here. 

To be honest, when was the last manager to come in and bring loads of coaches with him? It doesnt happen with us that often,

One or two maybe but not wholesale changes

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I like Dean but wouldn't mind a mix up. I imagine the new head coach will want to bring his own fellas in. 

This is why it would have been pointless and difficult for CH to come into the club before the season finished.

Imagine him meeting the players at current coaches at training knowing himself that he was going to bring his own coaches in, and the current coaches would be out of a job.

CH is bigger than that, we need a whole new team of coaches, things have to change if we want to get better.

Just now, Monkeh said:

To be honest, when was the last manager to come in and bring loads of coaches with him? It doesnt happen with us that often,

One or two maybe but not wholesale changes

Johnson. Had to take Pembo at first but soon got his way and replaced almost everyone else that was here under Cotts with a few mates.

But with a decent manager, you’d expect him to want to bring his team in with him, be good to have a completely fresh start from the old management team

10 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Johnson. Had to take Pembo at first but soon got his way and replaced almost everyone else that was here under Cotts with a few mates.

But with a decent manager, you’d expect him to want to bring his team in with him, be good to have a completely fresh start from the old management team

Absolutely right. 

Any manager has to know who he can work with and why almost all of them have their own assistants.

Should LJ get another managerial job I daresay he’d call on Deano and Macca To join him.

20 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I thought pembo left for another job,

But thats not wholesale changes thats slowly changing 

If he has the option to stay, might be tempting to have a couple more years learning from a reputable manager. Could be some exciting times on the horizon.

Certainly would not be surprised to see him and JMc in at a L1/L2 club though.

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I thought the whole point of getting rid of LJ was to start afresh, give the club a new impetus, if all we want to do is finish half way, make a profit in the transfer market and carry on then great... 

SL said in one breath that the new man ‘carry on the good work’ and in the next breath  ‘reach the PL as soon possible’

Sounds  like cake and eat it to me.

I don’t think the statement implies anything. Holden had to issue a post match statement of some kind so, as the club is looking to the future, it had to be positive and upbeat. Not much else he could say under the circumstances 

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

SL said in one breath that the new man ‘carry on the good work’ and in the next breath  ‘reach the PL as soon possible’

Sounds  like cake and eat it to me.

Doesn't sound promising does it Rob. 

Surely another Millen style appointment would just perpetuate the status quo, and if the sum total of our ambition is to make money and not go down, why not. 

Archived