IGNORED

Chaos vs Hughton

Shtanley

1 minute ago, Greedo said:

ffs. This ***** again derailing threads like he gets a bonk on out of it. The galaxy brain genius incapable of writing a coherent sentence who was apparently a member of the Oxford Debating Society whilst somehow simultaneously studying at Magdalen College, Cambridge. Jesus wept why is this nause not banned. 

Remember @Londoner the Academic, well this is him under another profile.

What is with all the fan-boy hate here? Christ, so he doesn’t like the one sidedness of the podcast, I have to agree. I used to listen to every episode, but then it started towing the club line with LJ, which no doubt helped it get on Robin’s TV, but that is up to them. If that is how these fans doing a podcast actually feel about their team then fine, it doesn’t mean if you don’t share that view that you are a villain. It is no doubt this one-sided view that led to other podcasts being started, but so what? Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the team we all support. You can listen to a podcast whose opinions you don’t agree with, but that’s up to the listener.

I enjoy the other podcast because of the differing views that I am not able to hear on ISIB, but that doesn’t mean I agree with all the views. However I did agree with some of Lez’s views on Forever Bristol City and thought his take on why there has been such a delay in appointing a new manager showed insight.

I stopped listening to ISIB because of the use of the term “brexit football” being used by the host, which was a complete insult to what I expect is the majority of the fan base for our club who were born in Bristol and whom support the team their father’s supported, rather than those fans that came from outside. That doesn’t mean I hate it though, I just felt it moved away from the core of city fans by displaying such a woke attitude. No doubt this display of contempt for fifty two percent of the country is another reason why people wanted to start new podcasts. These hosts are still fans of our club though so I wish them all the best.

7 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

What is with all the fan-boy hate here? Christ, so he doesn’t like the one sidedness of the podcast, I have to agree. I used to listen to every episode, but then it started towing the club line with LJ, which no doubt helped it get on Robin’s TV, but that is up to them. If that is how these fans doing a podcast actually feel about their team then fine, it doesn’t mean if you don’t share that view that you are a villain. It is no doubt this one-sided view that led to other podcasts being started, but so what? Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the team we all support. You can listen to a podcast whose opinions you don’t agree with, but that’s up to the listener.

I enjoy the other podcast because of the differing views that I am not able to hear on ISIB, but that doesn’t mean I agree with all the views. However I did agree with some of Lez’s views on Forever Bristol City and thought his take on why there has been such a delay in appointing a new manager showed insight.

I stopped listening to ISIB because of the use of the term “brexit football” being used by the host, which was a complete insult to what I expect is the majority of the fan base for our club who were born in Bristol and whom support the team their father’s supported, rather than those fans that came from outside. That doesn’t mean I hate it though, I just felt it moved away from the core of city fans by displaying such a woke attitude. No doubt this display of contempt for fifty two percent of the country is another reason why people wanted to start new podcasts. These hosts are still fans of our club though so I wish them all the best.

I'm glad you enjoyed my insight and I agree re this podcast.

11 hours ago, Lez said:

I'm not quite middle aged.

Plus I'm not white cant be gammon

Don't you mean, today? 

Judging by your switch between genders in recent days, I wouldn't be surprised to find you claiming to be in your 80's or 20's next, or to change your race, creed or colour to win an argument. 

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Don't you mean, today? 

Judging by your switch between genders in recent days, I wouldn't be surprised to find you claiming to be in your 80's or 20's next, or to change your race, creed or colour to win an argument. 

Gender fluid darling

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If there's ever a podcast which includes FFP and where we might stand etc, both in in absolute and in relative Championship terms, if the podcast interested in my thoughts, I'd be certainly interested in/open to offering a little input/a few thoughts.

That aside, I really must catch up on it. Think I've missed a load since mid March, season suspended.

@Shtanleythere’s your @Davefevsepisode ?

57 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

See what you've managed to do is critique the podcast, and explain why you don't listen, without throwing in some petty insults.  @Lez is seemingly incapable of doing that and so got a little bit of backlash. Stan always asks for feedback and I'm sure he's interested in the comments but, as you've demonstrated, they don't need to come with a snide insult as well.

Perhaps, but why does that allow the use of racist language directed at a person’s skin colour and class as in the following post? The fact that the mods allow such racism is disappointing.

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

gammons all talking over each other generally talking nonsense. Gave it a go but it wasn’t good at all 

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If there's ever a podcast which includes FFP and where we might stand etc, both in in absolute and in relative Championship terms, if the podcast interested in my thoughts, I'd be certainly interested in/open to offering a little input/a few thoughts.

That aside, I really must catch up on it. Think I've missed a load since mid March, season suspended.

I’d genuinely be interested. 

6 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

Perhaps, but why does that allow the use of racist language directed at a person’s skin colour and class as in the following post? The fact that the mods allow such racism is disappointing.

Its ok Bob hes a typical Corbynite.

...........anyway.

I listen to all three city podcasts.

Used to listen to the cider diaries.

Part of the attraction is it just the opinion of different groups of fans. Some of which I would never mix with.

Actually, all of which I wouldn’t mix with.

A pod of the train ramblings of my lot from circa 97-03 would definitely not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it would find a home.

12 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

The term has been used numerous times on this forum and to my knowledge this is the first complaint of its use.  Seems like you are in a minority in thinking it’s racist. 

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The term has been used numerous times on this forum and to my knowledge this is the first complaint of its use.  Seems like you are in a minority in thinking it’s racist. 

Well it usually is the minority who find words insulting their skin colour and class to be racist, but if you think it is ok to insult other people’s skin colour and class because other people do it, then that says more than I ever could.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

To be fair I dont think its racist but you do clearly lack knowledge.

54 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

Well it usually is the minority who find words insulting their skin colour and class to be racist, but if you think it is ok to insult other people’s skin colour and class because other people do it, then that says more than I ever could.

I don’t think I have insulted anyone’s skin colour. 

14 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

You’ve found a podcast that lets tossers on and two at the same time as well. Hopefully Headhunter knows what he’s doing letting you and Ian on at the same time. Unlistenable. 

A matter of taste then. I know Bristol Boy has long been criticised on here by people who don't like him personally. I don't know him, but thought him a good poster on OTIB and a very good listen talking City on RB and this podcast. Lez came over fine, far better than he does on here, and should perhaps consider toning down his fractious OTIB persona to be more like he probably is in real life.

14 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

gammons all talking over each other generally talking nonsense. Gave it a go but it wasn’t good at all 

Perhaps these posts illustrate the difference between the 2 podcasts. Forever Bristol City features older fans so may appeal more to their peers who appreciate historical context, whereas the slicker OSIB may be more appreciated by younger ones, some of whom unfortunately seem to feel the need to denigrate older ones.

'Tossers' & gammons'? You criticise Lez but use terms like that? Didn't realise you were under 25 Dave, but using such immature language in an attempt to dismiss the opinion of fellow fans, and wind people up, I guess you must be.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A matter of taste then. I know Bristol Boy has long been criticised on here by people who don't like him personally. I don't know him, but thought him a good poster on OTIB and a very good listen talking City on RB and this podcast. Lez came over fine, far better than he does on here, and should perhaps consider toning down his fractious OTIB persona to be more like he probably is in real life.

Perhaps these posts illustrate the difference between the 2 podcasts. Forever Bristol City features older fans so may appeal more to their peers who appreciate historical context, whereas the slicker OSIB may be more appreciated by younger ones, some of whom unfortunately seem to feel the need to denigrate older ones.

'Tossers' & gammons'? You criticise Lez but use terms like that? Didn't realise you were under 25 Dave, but using such immature language in an attempt to dismiss the opinion of fellow fans, and wind people up, I guess you must be.

Look at what Lez has said to people for a long time now. Detailing threads and winding people up.  Just giving a bit back. Sure he can take it if he can dish it.  

16 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You don’t seem to have pulled Lez up on here at all but pull me up. Weird 

16 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not to 'get into it' but do you mean how some older people seem to call the younger generation snowflakes for holding a different point of view? One side isn't without fault here

Archived