IGNORED

Hughton's Announcement

Tomo

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Fingers crossed we will get his appointment confirmed in the next few days. 

I have posted this newly titled topic  as the old one was getting a tad 'off topic'. The bread puns was a bit of fun but jeez... 

Shall we talk football and Chris Hughton...

Cheers for trying. Its now doing my head in. 

I want him announced alongside a trio of new exciting signings or nothing at all. 
If he’s taken this long to decide to come, he better have been working on some players rather than doing some lift engineering on the side. 

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

1pm, 4pm,6pm, 8pm sometime/never :doh: reminds me so much of a certain Arsenal player who was nailed on to come here and swerved us at the last minute; its over when/if its over; expect the unexpected

announcement Monday is my guess,

So they can watch and laugh as this forum goes into melt down with people staring they didnt want him anyway and accusing the club of doing things on the cheap

Then all disappear when he finally i announced 

3 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

I want him announced alongside a trio of new exciting signings or nothing at all. 
If he’s taken this long to decide to come, he better have been working on some players rather than doing some lift engineering on the side. 

the transfer window is shut

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

So they can watch and laugh as this forum goes into melt down with people staring they didnt want him anyway and accusing the club of doing things on the cheap

A lot of the press are running with it though. Granted it did start with the likes of Talksport and the Mail, but for it to be as widely reported there must be something in it, or at least be pretty damn close. Sky Sports are (or were - haven't switched on this morning) running with it.

I'd say today, providing it has all been agreed. We need to hit the ground running with deals, pre-season etc, so it makes no sense to hold off announcing anything especially as he isn't tied to another club. 

9am(ish) announcement on the way. Mind you they do like a 9pm announcement don't they.....

They need to do it early anyway. I have work to do today :laughcont:

8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I do have a good sense of humour but this bread pun thing would send a glass eye to sleep . Just ******* stop with it ???

When I took a break from this forum it was the thing I missed the least.

Probably some of the least funny people on earth post this type of stuff, it reminds me of the worst comedians of the 1970s & don’t start me on those desperately unfunny running “jokes”, FFS, this week someone is still doing the “I saw Alan Curbishley in Clifton one”, they’ll probably still be posting that zinger after he’s died.

The comment about the “crazy” Fast Show character was spot on.

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

1pm, 4pm,6pm, 8pm sometime/never :doh: reminds me so much of a certain Arsenal player who was nailed on to come here and swerved us at the last minute; its over when/if its over; expect the unexpected

Why does this remind you of Nketiah? Seems to be running fairly smoothly. It’s a poor comparison anyway as there’s no apparent serious competition for Hughton right now.

You don’t have to be negative for the sake of it you know. 

15 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Have you noticed the lack of crowds, and worked out that means the club has barely any income? Just wondering.....

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the transfer window is shut

It’ll be today or tomorrow. Good time of the week to publicise the story in terms of engagement. 

Potentially good news if he does sign, but as with every managerial appointment, it comes with no guarantees. A difficult time to manage any EFL club, with so much uncertainty, and the likelihood of a season with no/ limited attendances.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why does this remind you of Nketiah? Seems to be running fairly smoothly. It’s a poor comparison anyway as there’s no apparent serious competition for Hughton right now.

You don’t have to be negative for the sake of it you know. 

Every signing/appointment that takes longer than a day is going to be likened to Nketiah for the rest of time. It's utterly joyless behaviour.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Every signing/appointment that takes longer than a day is going to be likened to Nketiah for the rest of time. It's utterly joyless behaviour.

It’s so odd, Nketiah was a very specific situation with many factors at play. This, by comparison, is straightforward. Some people absolutely love being negative for some reason.

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’ll be today or tomorrow. Good time of the week to publicise the story in terms of engagement. 

I was thinking more of the club trolling this forum to get a reaction, you know what its like with generation now, fogg,

The melt down can be pretty funny,

Im not too bothered etherway any manager will get q chance from me

If the announcement's going to happen, surely it has to be today. 

This feels like standing at the altar on your wedding day, waiting for your stunning bride to walk through the Church door, only she's keeping everyone waiting, and waiting, and waiting.  You just know that there are a few men loitering outside of the Church, and they're wondering whether they should try to tempt her away from you.   Those bastards, have some respect and just walk away, the woman's already engaged.  I've got beads of sweat tricking down my temples, one of those men lurking outside could also be wearing a Watford shirt.

I personally wanted the club to give the job to Chris the day after LJ was dismissed.  The man is clearly the leading contender for the job.

Here's hoping it happens today.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s so odd, Nketiah was a very specific situation with many factors at play. This, by comparison, is straightforward. Some people absolutely love being negative for some reason.

Surprised you find this odd tbh.

Nketiah was in demand, but we were told it was nailed on we’d get him and look what happened.  

In Chris Hughton’s case, he’s also an in demand, highly respected manager, who is probably the most highly qualified manager we’ve been seriously linked with in living memory.  

He’s knocked back five Championship clubs before, as he’d been looking for a Premier League appointment.  We’re now right at the end of the season, when the managerial merry-go-round starts, so a potentially dangerous time for us, as at any time, another vacancy could appear that could be very tempting to him and could scupper the negotiations with us.  

There’s no doubt there can be over-reactions on here at times, but in the case of Chris Hughton, imho these concerns seem justified until all is done and dusted.

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Great ! So it is going to be that Houghton guy after all.

Bob or Ray?

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Fingers crossed we will get his appointment confirmed in the next few days. 

I have posted this newly titled topic  as the old one was getting a tad 'off topic'. The bread puns was a bit of fun but jeez... 

Shall we talk football and Chris Hughton...

So is this the BAKEOFF? 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

F14154BD-42F7-4D11-9019-5EFD2B52CFCB.jpeg

Yes, but has anyone got the sticker for Chris Houghton?

3 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

So is this the BAKEROFF? 

..all too often sadly!

32 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

If the announcement's going to happen, surely it has to be today. 

This feels like standing at the altar on your wedding day, waiting for your stunning bride to walk through the Church door, only she's keeping everyone waiting, and waiting, and waiting.  You just know that there are a few men loitering outside of the Church, and they're wondering whether they should try to tempt her away from you.   Those bastards, have some respect and just walk away, the woman's already engaged.  I've got beads of sweat tricking down my temples, one of those men lurking outside could also be wearing a Watford shirt.

I personally wanted the club to give the job to Chris the day after LJ was dismissed.  The man is clearly the leading contender for the job.

Here's hoping it happens today.

And she lifts the veil...and it's Big Sam grinning back at you!

Archived