IGNORED

I give you two examples Huddersfield Town and Bristol Lansdown FC

southvillekiddy

10 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53520013

It takes Huddersfield Town 5 days to appoint a new manager who was part of Leeds' promotion to the Prem

We could have lined up Hughton months ago.

What's the difference between the two Clubs?

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

This season? 6 places and 12 points. Next season we'll hopefully be more than 6 places and 12 points ahead of them.

Personally I don't see why we needed to rush to appoint for for the last four games of the season and I care far more about the right appointment being made than things being done quickly to appease impatient fans.

Few Huddersfield fans seem to see their club as coherent or well run at this moment in time. That may or may not change this season but I'm not sure why people feel the need to whine about Steve Lansdown just because we've not appointed someone forty-eight hours after the season ended...

14 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

It takes Huddersfield Town 5 days to appoint a new manager who was part of Leeds' promotion to the Prem

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

Wow, I wish I were so ITK in both City and the 'Udders, and was an expert of executive recruitment in sports, like the OP clearly is. Such knowledge and expertise should really be made available to the club.

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Wow, I wish I were so ITK in both City and the 'Udders, and was an expert of executive recruitment in sports, like the OP clearly is. Such knowledge and expertise should really be made available to the club.

"Here's an idea, guys. Why don't we just appoint a manager?"

"Wow! That's genius thinking that never crossed our minds!" 

Personally I love the suggestion we should have lined up Hughton several months ago.

I can just imagine us ringing up in November when we were doing alright in the league asking him if he'd mind keeping himself free from June or July just in case we decided to sack our manager after a poor restart following a global shutdown caused by a disease nobody had heard of yet...

7 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Sarcasm isn't attractive mate. Lansdown has made billions in business by presumably appointing the best staff but cannot apply this proper business practice when it comes to our football Club . ie. admitting what he knows little about - football

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

"Here's an idea, guys. Why don't we just appoint a manager?"

"Wow! That's genius thinking that never crossed our minds!" 

Personally I love the suggestion we should have lined up Hughton several months ago.

I can just imagine us ringing up in November when we were doing alright in the league asking him if he'd mind keeping himself free from June or July just in case we decided to sack our manager after a poor restart following a global shutdown caused by a disease nobody had heard of yet...

Parochial sarcasm. Proper football Club CEOs and owners choose who they want as a manager and sell the Club to them.They don't piss about with shortlists and endless interviews. Incidentally a few months ago would have been at the start of the lock-down when there was plenty of opportunity.

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

And if we'd appointed a manager after 5 days you'd be posting that stupid picture and saying Lansdown is power mad and choosing whoever he wants without doing due diligence.

Give it a rest.

No. I would have applauded his guts in finally going for it and he would have gone up hugely in my estimation.

31 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

******* on forums who think they know better than a self made billionaire?

8 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

It's getting concerning..

Who is a better fit than CH?

We're going to go cheap.... Arise Cowleys

Or we prefer to talk to young dynamic Managers hungry for success, instead of a 61 year old looking for a last payday before hitting the beach?

I don’t know if either of these things are true by the way, but presumably would be the kind of thing you would find out in an interview process?

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

This season? 6 places and 12 points. Next season we'll hopefully be more than 6 places and 12 points ahead of them.

Personally I don't see why we needed to rush to appoint for for the last four games of the season and I care far more about the right appointment being made than things being done quickly to appease impatient fans.

Few Huddersfield fans seem to see their club as coherent or well run at this moment in time. That may or may not change this season but I'm not sure why people feel the need to whine about Steve Lansdown just because we've not appointed someone forty-eight hours after the season ended...

Not whining about him. I'm angry at the way he runs our Club and let's not pretend we have a Board in the true sense of the word. I'm amazed that more do not see the price we pay in having him as an owner. He's our biggest obstacle as well as our despotic benefactor.

6 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Sarcasm isn't attractive mate. Lansdown has made billions in business by presumably appointing the best staff but cannot apply this proper business practice when it comes to our football Club . ie. admitting what he knows little about - football

Parochial sarcasm. Proper football Club CEOs and owners choose who they want as a manager and sell the Club to them.They don't piss about with shortlists and endless interviews. Incidentally a few months ago would have been at the start of the lock-down when there was plenty of opportunity.

Yes, and on the flip side - those CEOs who don't piss about with shortlists and endless interviews tend to spend pretty high on severence payments, compromise agreements, constructive dismissal cases and other legal wrangling!  

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Not whining about him. I'm angry at the way he runs our Club and let's not pretend we have a Board in the true sense of the word. I'm amazed that more do not see the price we pay in having him as an owner. He's our biggest obstacle as well as our despotic benefactor.

Buy him out and do it property then, if it’s that easy, simple answer.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I get the impression we are 'fishing in different ponds' to Huddersfield with this appointment. These higher calibre/reputation managers take a bit longer to appoint. I'm not worried actually, I think we're going to get it right this time.

Really hope so mate. It doesn't help having a rag as our local newspaper but the worrying signs are there for me.

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Really hope so mate. It doesn't help having a rag as our local newspaper but the worrying signs are there for me.

You call the post a rag, and yet you’re browning your pants over one article they’ve posted online, even though every other article in every other paper says we’ve got Hughton?

SVK, what a disgrace, just frigg off, I'd gladly fight to the death over the good name of Stephen Lansdown.

How dare you degrade him with such an insult.  Where would City be without him?  You've embarrassed yourself and boiled my blood.

I've said in another thread, and I can't be the only one thinking this, but is there not a chance CH is stalling, perhaps waiting for other opportunities?

Oh no a club who were let's be honest absolutely atrocious this season and will struggle next year appointed a manager in 5 days. 

Whereas a club who has been fighting for the play offs for the last few seasons is taking its time appointing the next manager who will hopefully take them the next step. 

Lansdown should be ashamed that he is taking his time over getting this appointment right! 

11 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Maybe we should get rid of him and bring in someone new. Wigan’s owner, perhaps? 

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

SVK, what a disgrace, just frigg off, I'd gladly fight to the death over the good name of Stephen Lansdown.

How dare you degrade him with such an insult.  Where would City be without him?  You've embarrassed yourself and boiled my blood.

I've said in another thread, and I can't be the only one thinking this, but is there not a chance CH is stalling, perhaps waiting for other opportunities?

Touch OTT there! 

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Ace! Love a  good death fight over favourite financial advisers 

7 minutes ago, KBbcfc said:

You call the post a rag, and yet you’re browning your pants over one article they’ve posted online, even though every other article in every other paper says we’ve got Hughton?

Lovely. Thankyou for that. Have to move over now I suppose. McGregor must have been fed something by Ashton Gate. But do you not see a pattern with the delay suggesting that we are in for yet another underwhelming managerial appointment followed by bollocks from Ashton along the lines of "From an outstanding field of candidates we have appointed the best"?

26 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

So nice to hear from a proper football club CEO. I’m sorry for wrongly assuming you were just another fan with an opinion on a football message board.

Archived