IGNORED

I give you two examples Huddersfield Town and Bristol Lansdown FC

southvillekiddy

17 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Any idea why Bielsa, regarded by Guardiola, no less, as one of the greatest, chose Corberan as his assistant in getting Leeds promoted? Do you reckon he's picked up any tips and contacts as a result? Huddersfield reacted quickly in appointing a young prospect with genuine, (rather than Ashton bullshit )outstanding potential

Huddersfield is about a 20 minute drive from Elland Road, that probably makes it easier for links to be formed and for them to recruit someone who doesn’t have to relocate.

21 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Any idea why Bielsa, regarded by Guardiola, no less, as one of the greatest, chose Corberan as his assistant in getting Leeds promoted? Do you reckon he's picked up any tips and contacts as a result? Huddersfield reacted quickly in appointing a young prospect with genuine, (rather than Ashton bullshit )outstanding potential

Just be honest and admit you'd never heard of him until about 2 days ago.

6 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

So you thought he would of been a good choice? Or have you just heard of him because huddersfield signed him? Captain hindsight

My point was that Huddersfield acted decisively to secure an obvious talent with experience of helping achieve promotion to the Prem. Are we going to miss an outstanding opportunity through being over cautious to hire the person who already done this and has all we need to achieve that goal. It would be typical Bristol City if we did.

how many more thousand times in a lifetime do you want to be exasperated by our Club bottling it?

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Huddersfield is about a 20 minute drive from Elland Road, that probably makes it easier for links to be formed and for them to recruit someone who doesn’t have to relocate.

Exactly, I agree. We operate in a foot-balling backwater and that is why we should always try harder and pay more. If Hughton wants more, flipping well give it to him. Make him an offer he can't refuse. Come on Mr Lansdown. Make it happen. You've wasted millions on mediocre players give the money to Chris instead.

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

My point was that Huddersfield acted decisively to secure an obvious talent with experience of helping achieve promotion to the Prem. Are we going to miss an outstanding opportunity through being over cautious to hire the person who already done this and has all we need to achieve that goal. It would be typical Bristol City if we did.

how many more thousand times in a lifetime do you want to be exasperated by our Club bottling it?

Proven talent?

How is he a proven talent, 

As for the club bottling it, apart from the earlier 19 hundreds and late 70's we are where we've historically been, we've improved every season apart from this one for the last 7 years,

Going for it is what saw us back in league one with a wage bill out of control and o'dismal in charge

The time before that almost saw bristol city go out of existence 

Im sorry if you think lansdown prudent stewardship is poor but and that you'd rather risk the club like Bolton Portsmouth wigan Bury Chester so on and so forth 

4 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Why don't you just wait until you see who we appoint?  There's still the strong likelihood it will be Hughton, and then you're going to look a bigger twit than you do now.

You seem to have little patience during this process, and a strange dislike of what SL has done for the club.  It's very difficult to predict where a club would be without certain investment, but without SL, there's a chance City could still be a moderate League One club, aiming for the occasional stint in the Championship.

How many times have the club bottled it, exactly?  

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Proven talent?

How is he a proven talent, 

As for the club bottling it, apart from the earlier 19 hundreds and late 70's we are where we've historically been, we've improved every season apart from this one for the last 7 years,

Going for it is what saw us back in league one with a wage bill out of control and o'dismal in charge

The time before that almost saw bristol city go out of existence 

Im sorry if you think lansdown prudent stewardship is poor but and that you'd rather risk the club like Bolton Portsmouth wigan Bury Chester so on and so forth 

You ought to read my posts more carefully. I said "obvious talent" which is what Corberan must be to have been chosen by Bielsa.

You seem content with mediocrity because as you acknowledge we have had only 2 short periods in the top flight. I'm not. After nearly 60 years of it I've never been content with the decades of the 2nd and 3rd rate.

There's a time for boring, boring, glue ,glue prudence and there's a time, like right now, to be bold. Can Mr Lansdown be bold. He ain't going to get a better chance to be bold than right now is he?

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Not whining about him. I'm angry at the way he runs our Club and let's not pretend we have a Board in the true sense of the word. I'm amazed that more do not see the price we pay in having him as an owner. He's our biggest obstacle as well as our despotic benefactor.

Yeah, just look at the way he’s held us back by absolutely refusing to redevelop AG, and leaving us with substandard training facilities, for instance.

I don’t  know what he’s ever done to you, but if you don’t want sarky responses get your head up and see how the club has developed under the Lansdowns. No owner’s ever perfect, but most other Championship fans would give their eye teeth for someone in control with a long-term local interest and a proven record of developing the club from top to bottom.  QPR? Wigan? Charlton? Blackburn? Let alone Coventry, Blackpool and the rest.

Be very careful what you wish for...

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Why don't you just wait until you see who we appoint?  There's still the strong likelihood it will be Hughton, and then you're going to look a bigger twit than you do now.

You seem to have little patience during this process, and a strange dislike of what SL has done for the club.  It's very difficult to predict where a club would be without certain investment, but without SL, there's a chance City could still be a moderate League One club, aiming for the occasional stint in the Championship.

How many times have the club bottled it, exactly?  

Fair play. I really hope I do look like a twit over all this mate. It's not the despair that kills you following City, It's the hope. (John Cleese. "Clockwise")

As for SL I do not dislike him as a person. I've spoken to him when he was generous enough to give his question and answer sessions before away matches. I can see that he must have been incandescent at the complete humiliation of the Planning department of Bristol City Council backing the 23 people of the Ashton Vale village green society (otherwise known as the putrifying refuse tip) A city in the north of england would have given those selfish ******* short shrift in attempting to sabotage the chance to have a stadium where World Cup games would happen.

However I'm appalled at his inability to see that he is being arrogant in not leaving the serious football to those that know ie. an internationally acknowledged manager . As an example Wolves appointed someone like that in recent years.

I've never understood why a city our size, with a vast catchment area cannot be in the Prem when piddling little towns in Lancashire are. I'm impatient, at my age I am watching the clock

As for bottling it, apart from Wembley under Gary Johnson, you don't seem to have much experience of City losing games by conceding from headed goals from corners in injury time.

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Wow, I wish I were so ITK in both City and the 'Udders, and was an expert of executive recruitment in sports, like the OP clearly is. Such knowledge and expertise should really be made available to the club.

It isn’t great though that LJ was fired and there was absolutely nothing in place to replace him. You would think that, given we were rocky before lockdown that someone might have scenariod a succession plan in the three months there was no football. 

“Taking your time and doing it right” is all very laudable, but this looks like the left hand fires LJ and the right hand is astounded to learn this. Would like to see SOME evidence if strategy from the Leadership, it really isn’t TOO much to ask. 

10 minutes ago, bcdc said:

but most other Championship fans would give their eye teeth for someone in control with a long-term local interest and a proven record of developing the club from top to bottom.  QPR? Wigan? Charlton? Blackburn? Let alone Coventry, Blackpool and the rest.

Yeah but they've all been in the Prem

6 minutes ago, bcdc said:

Yeah, just look at the way he’s held us back by absolutely refusing to redevelop AG, and leaving us with substandard training facilities, for instance.

I don’t  know what he’s ever done to you, but if you don’t want sarky responses get your head up and see how the club has developed under the Lansdowns. No owner’s ever perfect, but most other Championship fans would give their eye teeth for someone in control with a long-term local interest and a proven record of developing the club from top to bottom.  QPR? Wigan? Charlton? Blackburn? Let alone Coventry, Blackpool and the rest.

Got a lovely stadium for the Rugby. That's going okay

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Buy him out and do it property then, if it’s that easy, simple answer.

Have a think about this one. Fans, especially away, stint themselves every week in following City. 

56 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Just be honest and admit you'd never heard of him until about 2 days ago.

True. But ............................

3 hours ago, 'Orns said:

I'll have £20 with you now that we make a better, much more informed and thought through, appointment than Huddersfield

It may be a year or two before that becomes obvious, but I'll pay up if it doesn't come to pass

Give it another 20 years to be on the safe side (if we're still around) that's Bristol City's way. Are you content?

48 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

My point is how can you know huddersfield havn’t “acted decisively” to appoint a dud? He might be the next Klopp but you are saying it like it’s fact. 

37 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

My point is how can you know huddersfield havn’t “acted decisively” to appoint a dud? He might be the next Klopp but you are saying it like it’s fact. 

Okay. Would you rather have Corberan, with all the acquired knowledge and network of working with Bielsa in achieving Premiership promotion or Lansdown's appointments : Brian Tinnion, Steve Coppell, Keith Millen, Derek McInnes, Sean O'Driscoll and Lee Johnson? I left out Gary Johnson for obvious reasons and Steve Cotterill because if allowed to I believe he would have really done something (but SL found him too frightening).

4 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Okay. Would you rather have Corberan, with all the acquired knowledge and network of working with Bielsa in achieving Premiership promotion or Lansdown's appointments : Brian Tinnion, Gary Johnson, Steve Coppell, Keith Millen, Derek McInnes, Sean O'Driscoll and Lee Johnson? I left out Gary Johnson for obvious reasons and Steve Cotterill because if allowed to I believe he would have really done something (but SL found him too frightening).

You seem very adept today at telling us all about how the hierarchy at BCFC feel about others, who they are frightened of and how they behave. Where is this inside knowledge coming from I must ask ?

7 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Okay. Would you rather have Corberan, with all the acquired knowledge and network of working with Bielsa in achieving Premiership promotion or Lansdown's appointments : Brian Tinnion, Gary Johnson, Steve Coppell, Keith Millen, Derek McInnes, Sean O'Driscoll and Lee Johnson? I left out Gary Johnson for obvious reasons and Steve Cotterill because if allowed to I believe he would have really done something (but SL found him too frightening).

I would not personally want someone with 2 years experience in the cyprus league, and then being assistant to bielsa. And in all seriousness if you are honest neither would you until 2 days ago. You can’t use his appointment at huddersfield as a stick to beat bristol city with

Just now, BigTone said:

You seem very adept today at telling us all about how the hierarchy at BCFC feel about others, who they are frightened of and how they behave. Where is this inside knowledge coming from I must ask ?

Well ah! ......................... Can't let on mine

If you've not felt the metaphorical boot going into your goolies time after time caused by the ineptitude of "People in Charge" (ha, ha) of our football Club then I doubt your belief in pick-pockets and body searches at airports to enliven your sex life.

5 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I would not personally want someone with 2 years experience in the cyprus league, and then being assistant to bielsa. And in all seriousness if you are honest neither would you until 2 days ago. You can’t use his appointment at huddersfield as a stick to beat bristol city with

'oo says??

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Gregor or James’s source doesn’t have to be inside Ashton Gate....could be Agent, another manager, Hughton himself...might even be Kid!

Surely it's common knowledge that neither Gregor or James actually exist.  The BP just has a bot that trawls OTIB and writes up the results

7 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Well ah! ......................... Can't let on mine

If you've not felt the metaphorical boot going into your goolies time after time caused by the ineptitude of "People in Charge" (ha, ha) of our football Club then I doubt your belief in pick-pockets and body searches at airports to enliven your sex life.

Well granted it doesn't enliven it just at the moment.

15 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Two years with Bielsa. Quite an apprenticeship.

Look. i'm as cursed til the day I die following City as anyone but you surely get the point?

Bristol City: "SLOW, SLOW, SLOW" no 'QUICK, QUICK"

Not just in this example but generally

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

Two years with Bielsa. Quite an apprenticeship.

Look. i'm as cursed til the day I die following City as anyone but you surely get the point?

Bristol City: "SLOW, SLOW, SLOW" no 'QUICK, QUICK"

List me all of the championships he has won? 

Archived