IGNORED

I give you two examples Huddersfield Town and Bristol Lansdown FC

southvillekiddy

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I get all that. 

I’m very, very thankful to Steve for his investments in our Club. I love the ‘Bristol Sport’ concept.

However, are we the largest City never to have entered the Premier League, while relative minnows sprint past us? 

I rest my case. 

and massive clubs past us in the other direction because they haven't planned or put in place the required inferstructure

I don't really know why everyone is obsessed with getting this done ASAP. I'd rather get the right man than the fastest man they can get through the gate. I don't entirely trust them to make the right call, but at least they're taking some time to consider their options

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I don't really know why everyone is obsessed with getting this done ASAP. I'd rather get the right man than the fastest man they can get through the gate. I don't entirely trust them to make the right call, but at least they're taking some time to consider their options

generation now at its finest chip

29 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

and massive clubs past us in the other direction because they haven't planned or put in place the required inferstructure

Think it’s more they spent too much on players salaries once they got there.

Sunderland’s the only ‘massive’ Club that has gone in the other direction.

Leeds have done a full cycle as have Leicester - who won the friggin Premier League -, while we’ve been re-arranging our deckchairs. 

Pompey, I’d argue the same size as us, done the Premiership, won the FA Cup, played in Europe before their demise. I might exchange 3-4 (more) years in League 1 in exchange for those experiences.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Hughton was still playing 40 years ago, I dont think he wanted to be manager then 

But you were suggesting - unless I misunderstood - that some notion of 'generation now' - suggesting entitlement to instant gratification - was responsible for frustration at a failure to make an appointment. I'm pointing out that that is not correct. Some of us were there when Chris Hughton walked off the pitch having played for Tottenham in our last home game in the First Division. We've been very patient!

Archived