UEFA quarter finals August 10th -15th

UEFA semi finals August 16th-19th

UEFA Europe league Final August 21st

UEFA Champions league Final August 23rd

Community Shield (TBC) August 30th

UEFA Nations league September 3rd-8th

Premier League and EFL to start September 12th 

• The title was changed to Season 2020/21 fixtures confirmed

I knew this seasons FA Cup Final was rearranged for August 1st. Usually the extra preliminary rounds are played in August, but I'm shocked to read this;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8351393/Hundreds-small-football-clubs-EXCLUDED-2020-21-FA-Cup-season-delayed.html

Hundreds of small clubs could be excluded from the 2020-2021 FA Cup if the start to next season is delayed.

With EFL clubs insisting that the first round proper should take place in its usual November slot, there are growing fears that qualifying rounds for non-league teams will be scrapped if the full football pyramid fail to start the next campaign on time in August.

A total of 739 clubs entered the FA Cup this season, with the first extra preliminary round being played in early August. But there is concern only the fourth qualifying round in mid-October will take place next season in order for league fixtures to be completed. 

• The title was changed to Season 2020/21 confirmed fixtures

It seems that EFL are promoting the weekend of 12th September as the new season start date, but government have already stated they hope to allow fans in from October (not sure this will happen with the way covids going), so why not delay the start of the season to at least October when fans can maybe go? they have plenty of time to re-arrange and get the fixtures in, makes no sense to me.

If they do allow some fans in, this will no doubt be home fans only, wonder how many seats are already sold and guess will take all availability?

The season is already condensed so cramming potentially 5 more games in from October reduces rest time between games throughout the season, add teams who go further in cups etc. We saw the condensed format recently affect players after several games, picture doing it over a whole season. If the season needs to be stopped at all then you've got the hard deadline of Euro 2021 so its not like you can push the season back again.

Tickets will go to season ticket holders initially, rumoured capacity will be 25%/30% ish which means a max of 9000 and we normally have approx 12,000 ST holders.

17 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

It seems that EFL are promoting the weekend of 12th September as the new season start date, but government have already stated they hope to allow fans in from October (not sure this will happen with the way covids going), so why not delay the start of the season to at least October when fans can maybe go? they have plenty of time to re-arrange and get the fixtures in, makes no sense to me.

If they do allow some fans in, this will no doubt be home fans only, wonder how many seats are already sold and guess will take all availability?

You want to fit in 50+ games in two less months than normal?

I think the PFA would have something to say about that.

It's already going to be a logistical problem. Imagine delaying it by another month!

Unless we have changes we will have as part of this squeezed in season...

• International Breaks in October, November and March- one in September too but that predates the start of the season. Of course we could revert back to the early 2000's and before and play through them at this level- but clubs with 3 international call ups or more have the right to call off games.
  • FA Cup Third Round- will it be in January or will it be some other time- unless the whole competition is moved midweek.
  • At least one game in League Cup- one less midweek slot.

This is all very optimistic, when inevitably games will have to be rescheduled as teams will win in the Cup pushing them midweek, or we might win some Cup games too, guaranteeing some rescheduling. Another months delay would make no sense, because the plan is to finish the League season on the weekend of 8th/9th May 2021. That said I read something somewhere about a League Cup game in August! :dunno:

12 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Seems like they’re going to start the season with the league cup and rattle through the first few rounds 

83DE98F7-FFCA-4C8C-BDAC-B33A4819DF87.png

I think that really helps us.  Basically no midweek league games in September as that stands.  Give players minutes in cup (if we progress) to rotate.

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That first round of the League Cup clashes with the international break, so we may be missing a few.

That’s what I was thinking. Still, better they miss League Cup than league proper. Let’s hope for a L2 struggler and play the kids.

20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That first round of the League Cup clashes with the international break, so we may be missing a few.

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

That’s what I was thinking. Still, better they miss League Cup than league proper. Let’s hope for a L2 struggler and play the kids.

Who do we realistically lose though? Kalas, Nagy, COD and maybe Dasilva of the U21's are playing. Fam if he's still here. Maybe Wells as well. 

Can't think of anyone else who reliably gets into their national team.

Suspect we'd make at least 4 changes anyway.

15 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

FA cup, extra preliminary round September 1st

Qualifying rounds through September and October.

1st round proper, 7th November

3rd round 9th January

The draw for the Extra Prelim round is made next 18th August https://scefl.com/fa-competitions-update-2020-21-season

Here's a list of every team that's entered this year; https://scefl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/the-emirates-fa-cup-entries-accepted.pdf

Archived