IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

I think everyone wants to watch every game. Nobody is of the opinion they are going to get that at the moment. 
That doesn’t mean the club can’t make a fair decision and communicate it quickly, unlike the situation recently where we were the one of, if not the last clubs in the Championship to communicate to fans. And even the communication was ‘missing the love’ as JL said himself. 

4 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Don't see how they can't offer refund if you can't go when you want if you have a season ticket

Apparently because you acknowledge their terms which they've stipulated upfront by making payment for any who still haven't made full payment, at least thats what a friend told me

4 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Many season ticket holders are in a ‘bubble’ ie live in the same house so the club should be able to account for that in any social distancing as you could have groups of 6 sitting together before there needs to be a spare seats

You can't, you throw off the separation of seats in the rows in front and behind. You can have the 6 seats next to each other with gaps but you wouldn't be allowed 6 in a row next to each other. Guys in charge of the stadium have said in news interviews they've already drawn up plans for which seats can be used, factors like this would make that impossible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have any thoughts on how this is going to work? It is suggested that in October a reduced number of fans will be allowed back into grounds around 25%, so in our case this will be around 7000 fans. As we have already sold 12000 season tickets I just cannot see how this can be implemented, will season ticket holders get some sort of pro rata refund and get an opportunity to book games, I have given this a lot of thought and just can’t think of a solution, any ideas?

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Some season ticket holders won’t want to return until everyone can go back. There will be a lot of space in the away end to spread people out too. I would expect that could comfortably do 12,000 with people in social groups etc. 

As said you can’t do people in ‘social groups’ as it throws off spacing in every other row of the block. They’ll have already mapped out which seats can be used and would be a logistical nightmare each game planning around small groups of people around the stadium 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The virus, two seasons of Johnson dross and now a seemingly long drawn out search for the next manager. What's the odds we get another up and coming Fourth Division starlet?

I am beginning to believe that I will never come back to Ashton Gate again. Even though I have already paid for my ST.

You must be fun at parties.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Some season ticket holders won’t want to return until everyone can go back. There will be a lot of space in the away end to spread people out too. I would expect that could comfortably do 12,000 with people in social groups etc. 

It's not what we can do....it's what we're allowed to do.  30% maximum.  Some as low as 17%, concourse availability will determine how much, so we should see 30%.  

I presume no away fans at grounds, which would remove segregation and presumably the 30% will then be based on the 27,000 capacity, so just over 8000.

I'm minded to wait for the first game or two to apply for a ticket (my son and I have season tickets), just to see how it's organised and how safe it is before I put him in that position.  We're desperate to get down there, but safety comes first.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The virus, two seasons of Johnson dross and now a seemingly long drawn out search for the next manager. What's the odds we get another up and coming Fourth Division starlet?

I am beginning to believe that I will never come back to Ashton Gate again. Even though I have already paid for my ST.

download.jpg.12e3ee579162c7a0d2d08338539be785.jpg

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Agreed will probably wait until it's all back to normal, happy to take City TV till then ..not an issue if necessary..

• Like 2

Of the 12000, let's say 2000 are particularly vulnerable in some way and wouldn't want to go. Another 2000 miss any one particular game (work, holiday, family, whatever) : the club will have an idea of the average drop out rate. But could easily be down to 8000 that way.

How you organise the logistics of that, I have no idea!

Phase 2/3 of the Oxford vaccine will be reported during September. Hopefully successful at preventing disease spread and reducing the impact of the disease even if it doesn't eliminate it. Volume production will already be underway such that priority groups will start receiving jabs through autumn into winter.

Early 2021 will see vaccine availability for everyone in the UK (who wants it). Normal social interactions will resume around February. Packed Ashton Gate for the last four months of the season but until then season ticket rotation with groups of upto 4 marked seats for friends to sit together.

End of the 2020/21 season will see us win promotion with Chris Hughton at the helm.

Covid-19 becomes the fifth coronavirus in general circulation. Innate immunity around the world means that within a few years it offers no more health risk than our existing cold viruses.

Come back to me in May 2021 if I've got any of the above wrong.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, John Galley said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on how this is going to work? It is suggested that in October a reduced number of fans will be allowed back into grounds around 25%, so in our case this will be around 7000 fans. As we have already sold 12000 season tickets I just cannot see how this can be implemented, will season ticket holders get some sort of pro rata refund and get an opportunity to book games, I have given this a lot of thought and just can’t think of a solution, any ideas?

1 hour ago, John Galley said:

Who would really want to go highly likely masks would have to be worn and the nearest person 10 seats away great atmosphere that would be muffled cheering. Rather not bother

14 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Phase 2/3 of the Oxford vaccine will be reported during September. Hopefully successful at preventing disease spread and reducing the impact of the disease even if it doesn't eliminate it. Volume production will already be underway such that priority groups will start receiving jabs through autumn into winter.

Early 2021 will see vaccine availability for everyone in the UK (who wants it). Normal social interactions will resume around February. Packed Ashton Gate for the last four months of the season but until then season ticket rotation with groups of upto 4 marked seats for friends to sit together.

End of the 2020/21 season will see us win promotion with Chris Hughton at the helm.

Covid-19 becomes the fifth coronavirus in general circulation. Innate immunity around the world means that within a few years it offers no more health risk than our existing cold viruses.

Come back to me in May 2021 if I've got any of the above wrong.

Excellent...........an optimist with a positive attitude.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Who would really want to go highly likely masks would have to be worn and the nearest person 10 seats away great atmosphere that would be muffled cheering. Rather not bother

Happy days few more like you and it’s easier for the club to sort ?

With trials being done on different spectator sports over the next couple of months, if they are successful which I'm confident they will be, then guidelines regarding numbers allowed into stadiums will be relaxed further. I fully expect every season ticket holder (possibly a few thousand more) will be ok to enter the Gate come October and possibly even earlier. 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 2

Looking at the numbers you could see season ticket holders having the option of choosing to attend one in two games or not or get game by game refunds. That might leave a few left over for non ST holders. Concourses and catering might be a bit awkward but you can imagine very organised queuing and servers behind screens. Of course it's not perfect but we all need to be a bit flexible. If the club can make it work, then they and the players could do with the support. Count me in, it will be great to get back! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORANGE500 said:

Yeh I think capacity will be well down too if they enforce masks. Personally I wouldn’t want to go with one on so add that into the mix and they won’t have to worry about too much demand from ST holders. 

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

It's not what we can do....it's what we're allowed to do.  30% maximum.  Some as low as 17%, concourse availability will determine how much, so we should see 30%.  

I presume no away fans at grounds, which would remove segregation and presumably the 30% will then be based on the 27,000 capacity, so just over 8000.

I'm minded to wait for the first game or two to apply for a ticket (my son and I have season tickets), just to see how it's organised and how safe it is before I put him in that position.  We're desperate to get down there, but safety comes first.

Good post.

I would also expect the maximum 30 % within our main stands as the concourses are very spacious, more than most clubs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a reduced level in the Atyeo, however, where access inside is more limited.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dredd said:

I think rotation is the fairest way as well if we are on that kind of figure. 

I’ll do home games, you can do away games ???

18 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

I am sure some will volunteer to give up their seat for a while.

@Robbored won't have to put up with the damn tannoy for a start....

I’ll likely fall into that category.  Can’t see me risking Joe for some time yet.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Attendance from October/Fans Return (Merged)
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’ll do home games, you can do away games ???

I’ll likely fall into that category.  Can’t see me risking Joe for some time yet.

Yes in the same situation, went out for the first time since lockdown started yesterday. Probably won't return until a vaccine is given. 

So what happens if/when we get one? If I have had a jab can I automatically return regardless of numbers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Be interesting if season starts 12th September will it be economically viable for L1 and below teams. If not viable will they be allowed to postpone fixtures to a later date.

Kings Lynn received promotion to the national league on PPG but chairman was on TV yesterday saying they can’t afford to play games in empty stadiums and would even struggle in 30% capacity, they need the revenue from match day to survive. Such a shame for a club that’s just achieved promotion and should be celebrating.

There might be some L1/L2 suffering but the real problem will be in the lower steps.

I think that’s where the pro game will see issues, not from the top down but from the bottom up

9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Sounds untenable to me. How to tell one season ticket holder to the next you are not worthy.

It's all a total nonsense.

It would require some work but I'd say probably on a ballot where you can request to be in the next seat available to certain people ie family/friends so you can at least still talk to them. I say ballot because out of 23 games some fans may normally only attend 17 ish and to have a 1,3,5 / 2,4,6  game policy could mean all games you couldn't attend falling in your set and being hard done by. The trick with the ballot would be keeping track of how many games people attend so after 5 games or so the club start saying the people who have attended 0, 1 or 2 games take priority for games 6/7/8 and work on a similar process to try and ensure all the ST holders get the chance to watch a similar amount of games in the season. As said would require work to do but its possible.