IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

41 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Was about to say the same. How people are expected to wear one for 90 minutes or more. I found it a problem after 10 minutes on the bus and five minutes in the shop.

I would avoid the cinema as well! 

• Like 1

Masks are an issue for me due to asthma - but I'll still wear them until I'm finding my breathing becomes laboured and then I remove it briefly.  The issue I would have with masks at the football is that I simply wouldn't be able to see anything because of glasses, which would make attendance pointless!  I muddle by in shops without my glasses, but I couldn't do that at a game or at the cinema where the point of being there is to see what's going on. 

(Masks would've been welcome over the last couple of years at the Gate, mind!)

• Like 2

• Admin

Can't honestly see the point in having such scheme for this season

We are months away from getting anywhere like being able to get all season ticket holders in the ground so even further away from members etc.

I would guess if it got to a point of members those with rugby season tickets are already members so there is the way to top up the attendance

On 14/08/2020 at 09:37, Robbored said:

Our top scientists say that wearing a face mask protects others from you so if everyone wore a mask we would all be safer.

The other difficulty in a football stadium is touching surfaces, particularly hand rails. Not sure how that issue would be overcome.

You take some handgel and when you get to your seat use it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53817206

Below Conference South fans can now go back to watch matches, locally Weston and Yate in Southern Premier will be the highest ranked teams where you can watch a game in real life. 

Just thinking off the top of my head, will these grounds not get packed, unless capacities are seriously restricted.

• Admin
11 hours ago, boatman said:

Just thinking off the top of my head, will these grounds not get packed, unless capacities are seriously restricted.

That was my first reaction too, this could flip on it's head.

But reading the press release it is mentioned about teams that have very low crowds at that level already so would need a massive upturn in attendance to become an issue

17 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

If your glasses are steaming up then the mask isn't working. Just deflecting upwards.

The (virus) issue is with droplets, so unless the inside of the masks are waterproof and any droplets shoot out of your nose/mouth, hit the mask, travel up and out of the top and then change direction horizontally, I'd suggest they're working enough...

• Like 2

Seems sensible to start at this level and see how it goes. Lack of football above could see capacity tested?

Test events needed for 'elite sports'. In a football pyramid context, it's the PL, 3 Football League divisions and the Conference plus Conference North and South.

On a side note, I'm fairly sure that the pitchside alcohol law was even applicable in Conference and the Conference North and South divisions.

44 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

The (virus) issue is with droplets, so unless the inside of the masks are waterproof and any droplets shoot out of your nose/mouth, hit the mask, travel up and out of the top and then change direction horizontally, I'd suggest they're working enough...

The fog on glasses is droplets of water from breath condensing on the colder lenses so if this is happening, the mask is not working. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On a side note, I'm fairly sure that the pitchside alcohol law was even applicable in Conference and the Conference North and South divisions.

That is correct, it used to go down to level 8 of the pyramid, but believe it was changed to level 6

On 17/08/2020 at 08:29, Super said:

It's bad enough wearing a mask in a shop for 10 mins, especially for many like me that wear glasses!

Being deadly serious, if you are not comfortable, we recommend our clients and staff to wear one at home when watching TV etc and get used to wearing it subconciously 

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

The fog on glasses is droplets of water from breath condensing on the colder lenses so if this is happening, the mask is not working. 

Correct. If there is any moisture appearing on someones glasses the covering is too low and not correctly covering the nose

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Being deadly serious, if you are not comfortable, we recommend our clients and staff to wear one at home when watching TV etc and get used to wearing it subconciously 

Correct. If there is any moisture appearing on someones glasses the covering is too low and not correctly covering the nose

Yep, it’s not uncomfortable because it’s uncomfortable, it’s uncomfortable because it’s different. Asian countries, and Asians in western countries, have been wearing masks constantly for years. 

• Like 3