IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

19 hours ago, boatman said:

Just thinking off the top of my head, will these grounds not get packed, unless capacities are seriously restricted.

There’s been further guidance now for steps 3-6 (which includes Yate, Mangotsfield, BMF, Weston etc)

- The first game has to have 15% capacity max (can include friendlies against teams from higher levels from Saturday)

- Subsequent games are 30% capacity max

At Yate Town, capacity is 2,000. Went a few times last year and attendance was about 250 (including WSM game, although that was midweek). Can’t see the 600 capacity being hit or breached so looks like jobs a good un 

• Like 1

• Admin

Just to add a bit more to the above 

Spectators can return to grounds in National League and women's football.

The FA has proposed two stages to allow supporters in from 22nd August 

National league steps 3 to 6, and women's steps 3 to 4 may return 

From 22nd August to 30th August Spectators are permitted if number does not exceed 15% of capacity 

From 30th August clubs are permitted to allow up to 30% of capacity 

Clubs can only have up to 30% AFTER they have played a game up to 15%.

UEFA have confirmed no Spectators will be able to attend Nations league games in September. 

But hopeful there will be sufficient test events to get reduced numbers in for the following round of fixtures in October including England games against Belgium, Denmark and Wales 

23 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There’s been further guidance now for steps 3-6 (which includes Yate, Mangotsfield, BMF, Weston etc)

- The first game has to have 15% capacity max (can include friendlies against teams from higher levels from Saturday)

- Subsequent games are 30% capacity max

At Yate Town, capacity is 2,000. Went a few times last year and attendance was about 250 (including WSM game, although that was midweek). Can’t see the 600 capacity being hit or breached so looks like jobs a good un 

Yep watch Paulton regularly, they have been set a capacity of 337 then 675. Average last season was about 110. Will be interesting to see how many turn up at these games as sure there are a lot of people who will want a live footy fix. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just to add a bit more to the above 

Spectators can return to grounds in National League and women's football.

The FA has proposed two stages to allow supporters in from 22nd August 

National league steps 3 to 6, and women's steps 3 to 4 may return 

From 22nd August to 30th August Spectators are permitted if number does not exceed 15% of capacity 

From 30th August clubs are permitted to allow up to 30% of capacity 

Clubs can only have up to 30% AFTER they have played a game up to 15%.

UEFA have confirmed no Spectators will be able to attend Nations league games in September. 

But hopeful there will be sufficient test events to get reduced numbers in for the following round of fixtures in October including England games against Belgium, Denmark and Wales 

Conveniently just in time for FA cup ties on the 1st September. 

• Like 1

On 18/08/2020 at 11:23, phantom said:

Can't honestly see the point in having such scheme for this season

We are months away from getting anywhere like being able to get all season ticket holders in the ground so even further away from members etc.

I would guess if it got to a point of members those with rugby season tickets are already members so there is the way to top up the attendance

Just bringing this back up because we’ve now seen the prices for the new kit.

Last season the membership scheme gave you a £5 voucher for the shop and the rewards balance system to get money back on future purchases.

If there’s no membership scheme, not only is the shirt already more expensive, but discount options available to non-STH regulars like myself previously are no longer available. So it’ll cost me £40 to buy my 9 year old son a polyester T-shirt, which I won’t be doing.

Couldnt disagree more with the opening post

Why would you want an early decision - the later it is made the more we will know about what constitutes a 'nice outcome' 

A lot of consultation in October is my guess, but getting to away games will prove the trickiest thing and that's also been the best thing about watching City in the past decade

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

A lot of consultation in October is my guess, but getting to away games will prove the trickiest thing and that's also been the best thing about watching City in the past decade

At the moment the thinking seams to be that there will be no away fans allowed for the whole of the 20/21 season, so no need to worry about getting to away games with all the hassle of using public transport etc, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Scottish football looking at restricted numbers of supporters returning from 14th September

This is going to be for premiership games so should give a good idea how the English league may get larger numbers of fans back into grounds a month or two later, 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Couldnt disagree more with the opening post

Why would you want an early decision - the later it is made the more we will know about what constitutes a 'nice outcome' 

I'd be surprised if there is any provision for away fans in 2020/21- but who knows!

34 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Just seen on points west news that Ashton gate capacity with social distance is

5000 with 2m distance

11000 with 1m distance

Hopefully the government goes for 1m as that's most the season ticket holders getting in,

11000 would be more than enough. There will be a lot of people who won't want to go anyway.

• Admin
43 minutes ago, winsaw said:

5000 with 2m distance

11000 with 1m distance

Hopefully the government goes for 1m as that's most the season ticket holders getting in,

Interesting as the rugby are capping capacity at 7,000

Surely those distances are in guidelines already 

It's 2m with no PPE, and 1m with PPE

• Admin
3 hours ago, winsaw said:

5000 with 2m distance

11000 with 1m distance

Trevor Tainton just interviewed on radio Bristol says Bristol are aiming for 9,000 to attend a test event at Ashton Gate in September 

• Haha 3

Wolves season ticket holders have been asked to fill in a form saying who you attend matches with.

Presumably family or people in your bubble will all sit together therefore taking up less space as no distancing needed.

Must admit it's going to be a logistical nightmare for clubs

Leicester City have just issued this.. Season tickets will be based on a £70 up front, then a ballot to pay as you watch...

SEASON TICKET HOLDER BALLOT

For Premier League matches played at King Power Stadium with reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders will be allocated 90 per cent of the General Admission tickets available. The other 10 per cent will be made available to Members.

Season Ticket Holders who have paid their initial payment will be invited to enter the Season Ticket Holder ballot for each game for which capacity is reduced. Successful applicants for the ballot in respect of any game will be invited to purchase a matchday ticket for the applicable fixture. Successful applicants will be unable to enter future ballots for subsequent fixtures until the beginning of the ballot “cycle” for the next group of matches.

The frequency with which a Season Ticket Holder will qualify to enter a ballot will depend on a number of factors still to be confirmed, including:

1. The number of 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders participating in the ballot process
2. The number of our Premier League home games operating under reduced capacity
3. The permitted capacity for each of those Premier League home games

The Club will provide further clarity on the ballot process as soon as more information is available. Fair and equitable access to tickets for all 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders and Members participating in the ballot will remain our priority.

Season Ticket Holders may choose those individual matches for which they wish to enter the ballot, but will be best placed to see the greatest possible number of matches if they enter all ballots for which they qualify. Season Ticket Holders that are more selective about the matches for which they apply run a higher risk of seeing fewer games while the stadium is operating at reduced capacity.

In order to ensure that as many supporters as possible can be admitted for each game under reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders will NOT be guaranteed access to their normal seat during this time.

Group ballot applications will be accepted (up to a maximum of six), provided that the initial payment has been paid in respect of each such ticket. The ballot system will be programmed to select the optimal combination of group and individual entries to ensure stadium configuration maximises the number of tickets available. If a group ballot entry is successful, all Season Ticket Holders in that group will be deemed to have been successful and, the applicant will only be able to select a group of seats equal to the number in their application. Applicants will be asked to confirm at the point of purchase that their group complies with government guidelines relative to social distancing

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Leicester City have just issued this.. Season tickets will be based on a £70 up front, then a ballot to pay as you watch...

SEASON TICKET HOLDER BALLOT

For Premier League matches played at King Power Stadium with reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders will be allocated 90 per cent of the General Admission tickets available. The other 10 per cent will be made available to Members.

Season Ticket Holders who have paid their initial payment will be invited to enter the Season Ticket Holder ballot for each game for which capacity is reduced. Successful applicants for the ballot in respect of any game will be invited to purchase a matchday ticket for the applicable fixture. Successful applicants will be unable to enter future ballots for subsequent fixtures until the beginning of the ballot “cycle” for the next group of matches.

The frequency with which a Season Ticket Holder will qualify to enter a ballot will depend on a number of factors still to be confirmed, including:

1. The number of 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders participating in the ballot process
2. The number of our Premier League home games operating under reduced capacity
3. The permitted capacity for each of those Premier League home games

The Club will provide further clarity on the ballot process as soon as more information is available. Fair and equitable access to tickets for all 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders and Members participating in the ballot will remain our priority.

Season Ticket Holders may choose those individual matches for which they wish to enter the ballot, but will be best placed to see the greatest possible number of matches if they enter all ballots for which they qualify. Season Ticket Holders that are more selective about the matches for which they apply run a higher risk of seeing fewer games while the stadium is operating at reduced capacity.

In order to ensure that as many supporters as possible can be admitted for each game under reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders will NOT be guaranteed access to their normal seat during this time.

Group ballot applications will be accepted (up to a maximum of six), provided that the initial payment has been paid in respect of each such ticket. The ballot system will be programmed to select the optimal combination of group and individual entries to ensure stadium configuration maximises the number of tickets available. If a group ballot entry is successful, all Season Ticket Holders in that group will be deemed to have been successful and, the applicant will only be able to select a group of seats equal to the number in their application. Applicants will be asked to confirm at the point of purchase that their group complies with government guidelines relative to social distancing

Interesting. Works that way because it seems no season tickets have been sold yet, so people can be clear about what they are getting if they commit their initial £70. But that seems like a pretty good approach to me.

I wonder if our admin could cope with a similar system, but with pro-rata refunds for SC holders who choose not to put their names forward or lose out in the ballot. If so, that would be a good way to give the maximum satisfaction to the maximum number of fans: those who don’t want to attend games wouldn’t have to pay for them; and I suspect there would be enough SC holders who didn’t want to attend to allow most or all of those who did, to go. There might even be seats for non-SC holders if/when the limit is relatively generous.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Interesting. Works that way because it seems no season tickets have been sold yet, so people can be clear about what they are getting if they commit their initial £70. But that seems like a pretty good approach to me.

I wonder if our admin could cope with a similar system, but with pro-rata refunds for SC holders who choose not to put their names forward or lose out in the ballot. If so, that would be a good way to give the maximum satisfaction to the maximum number of fans: those who don’t want to attend games wouldn’t have to pay for them; and I suspect there would be enough SC holders who didn’t want to attend to allow most or all of those who did, to go. There might even be seats for non-SC holders if/when the limit is relatively generous.

This is what I think will happen. Say for argument`s sake we are allowed 8k and have sold 12k STs. Take out the ones who don`t want to go for various reasons (worries about health, not wanting to wear PPE/turn up 3hrs before the game/don`t want to go if they can`t sit with their mates and a myriad of other reasons) the child`s STs that are bought but rarely used and folks who just can`t make it or, sadly, can`t afford to go in the current circumstances and any refunds that are taken and 8k would be about what`s left I should think.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2020 at 17:30, James54De said:

Yep, it’s not uncomfortable because it’s uncomfortable, it’s uncomfortable because it’s different. Asian countries, and Asians in western countries, have been wearing masks constantly for years. 

A few years ago, my company issued a Health and Safety notice that all machine shop employees had to wear safety glasses  and gloves, along with the already mandatory safety boots and overalls. The issue I had was with the latex gloves, believing them to be uncomfortable, sweaty and would hinder my ability to use equipment etc, so after many complaints the wearing of gloves was optional. 

Then, I actually contacted a skin condition connected to the chemicals used in work resulting in very dry , cracked and itchy hands, and started wearing the gloves as a part of the treatment. 3 years on, my skin condition has totally cleared up but I feel unable to function WITHOUT the gloves now, even wearing them at home for the most mundane DIY jobs.

2 hours ago, lager loud said:

I think you know the answer to this!!!

I imagine Leicester are automating this.  This is not a job that can be done with thousands of fans by pen and paper.

On 21/08/2020 at 19:00, winsaw said:

5000 with 2m distance

11000 with 1m distance

On 21/08/2020 at 19:35, Snufflelufagus said:

11000 would be more than enough. There will be a lot of people who won't want to go anyway.

5000 shouldn't be too far out. With all those people who were giving up their season tickets if/when DH was appointed....?

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

That Leicester offer sets a bit of a benchmark IMO, that clubs should be looking at.

Also factor in the fact that home games won't be streamed as part of any package- could offer the Home games and partial cash refund as one of the options- could offer pro-rata partial cash refunds and streaming as part of the package- it's a bit of a hit to take, ST-£23 x 10 home games=£230.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous